Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 334717 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #720 on: October 20, 2011, 11:46:08 am »

I've got no problem with using this mod for LPs, doing reviews, or even making their own add-ons for it. I am trying to get the next update out within the next ten days, though, so if you want to start the LP before then it might be better to do one of the others. I don't mind either way, though, more pony, more better.

Dont worry I have to wait untill the 31st for my Poll to finish before I even start the Reviews :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #721 on: October 20, 2011, 06:24:58 pm »

I knew suggesting it over there was a good idea!  :P

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 21, 2011, 08:59:42 am »

My wrestler just killed a F-beast (huge beetle) by bucking it in the head while it was shaking her around by the tail.

I might just name her HolisticPony.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:00 am »

Ponies.  Their names, not enough variety.  My fort somehow ballooned up to +80 some ponies.  I noticed a lot of em with the 1st same names.

Something can be done about that in your next version?  (I'm playing the 'basic' above ground ponies.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 21, 2011, 01:39:38 pm »

The problem with name variety is an issue with basic Dorf Fort, too, everybody gets used to having twenty Bomreks and Urists. It's basically caused by there only being so many words in the games base vocab, and slightly influenced by some entity settings that are make them draw names based on certain themes or avoid others. The solutions to this are to either add more words(I'm sure there are plenty of mods for that already and this mod doesn't interfere with the language files so there shouldn't be conflict) or to take out some of the CULL_SYMBOL entries, though most of them are cut for being a bit unpony, though trade, travel, order and balance could come back in.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 21, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

The problem with name variety is an issue with basic Dorf Fort, too, everybody gets used to having twenty Bomreks and Urists. It's basically caused by there only being so many words in the games base vocab, and slightly influenced by some entity settings that are make them draw names based on certain themes or avoid others. The solutions to this are to either add more words(I'm sure there are plenty of mods for that already and this mod doesn't interfere with the language files so there shouldn't be conflict) or to take out some of the CULL_SYMBOL entries, though most of them are cut for being a bit unpony, though trade, travel, order and balance could come back in.
Urist Anusraper has been promoted to baron!

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 21, 2011, 02:15:40 pm »

also, how many people named james do you know? mary?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 21, 2011, 02:37:35 pm »

In retrospect, I suppose its the first time I've managed to get +80 dwarvesponies... in a long while...  I usually don't get +80 in 4 years time, not even half that.  Plus, I'm paying more attention to them for the sake of telling the difference between pegasus/earth/unicorn/alicorn... that might have a significant impact.

Seriously, I don't remember having that problem. 
Are the restrictions on spheres and stuff having a significant impact on the name lists?  Cause ya know, pony civilization, town and group names are with the sphere theme and the one they have probably has less variety.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 21, 2011, 02:55:48 pm »

It quite likely is a bit more of a problem with ponies. Here's the standard dwarf cull_symbol list from entity_default:

Code: [Select]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DOMESTIC]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SUBORDINATE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:FLOWERY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATIVE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UGLY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR]

The ALL bit means they won't name wars or bridges or stuff from those pools, either. Here's the standard earth/peg/unicorn cull list from entity_pony:

Code: [Select]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:TRADE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:TRAVEL]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:ORDER]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DARKNESS]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:BALANCE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:BOUNDARY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:RESTRAIN]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:AQUATIC]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SUBORDINATE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATIVE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UGLY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DEATH]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:OLD]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:VIOLENT]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:EVIL]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:PRIMITIVE]

Besides the five I mentioned, they all seem a little unpony. Fixing that is as easy as deleting the entries you don't want culled, though. Looking at it, I seem to have forgotten to customise rainbow and cave ponies, too. I think I'll let rainbow ponies have untoward names to represent the diomedians heritage, that way we get awesome names like Canyon IncestBlossom.

But really, the easy way to solve this would be to get an expanded vocab and symbols mod and ask if we can steal use it with credit given, so we can still limit the pools for flavour, but also have plenty of variety.

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 21, 2011, 03:32:52 pm »

Honestly, completely rewriting the language files would best, but that's such an enormous task...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 21, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »

I've had several pony gods and ponies themselves called variants of Anusrape, Incestswallows, and the like.

Hell, I had pony gods OF RAPE.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 21, 2011, 04:09:29 pm »

I've had several pony gods and ponies themselves called variants of Anusrape, Incestswallows, and the like.

Hell, I had pony gods OF RAPE.
Sig'd.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 21, 2011, 04:51:27 pm »

Regular ponies or rainbownies? Regulars do have lust in their preferred spheres for lulz, but rainbownies have depravity and other deliciousness copied over from the diomedians, due to their mixed heritage.

And yeah, redoing the language files with more flowery words for ponies to use would be ideal, but it's more work than other things like adding hemi-semi-megabeasts, sweets and gelatin-based goods or the advanced drinking making/cocktails that I'll be working on after the next update. The changes to animal pony sizes and the addition of animal pony civs will have to do for now as regards making things dangerous. Also, a little surprise.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 21, 2011, 04:54:22 pm »

Regular.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 21, 2011, 05:03:25 pm »

Interesting. Presumably rape is added to the pool when lust is, so that's why it's happening. You can stop it by removing [RELIGION_SPHERE:LUST] from entity_pony. Unfortunately, other than removing other spheres, I have no idea how to make it happen more often for those that might want it to.

Edit: 50 pages of this waffle, that's just crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 140