Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Justice System changes  (Read 876 times)

Zendria

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Justice System changes
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:34:03 am »

Hello everyone.

So i was thinking as a suggestion to the developers of LCS, could it be possible to make other LCS members defend one in court, It would be smart to have instead of know that the person on trial is getting judged guilty if 5000$ is to much or if they haven't any law skill.

Come with some reply, or put it in :D

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Justice System changes
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:35:35 am »

It's already in there. What you wanna do is get some sleeper lawyers. :)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:54:52 pm »

At its most straightforward, this suggestion would allow active duty LCS members to defend each other with sufficiently high law skill, not just sleeper lawyers.

Zendria messaged me on Youtube with this suggestion, before posting here; in the past, I've been hesitant about it, but I think it would be worth thinking about, as I like the flavor of it. I suggested posting here since I'm not actively updating the game at the moment.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 11:07:00 am »

What about making it possible to frame people like the CEO or Eminent scientists?

And of course make sure that a wanted criminal can not represent your LCS members in court.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:23:17 pm »

I would personally love more options for the court. You would probably want to avoid it in the beginning of the "nightmare" career, but when it's mid-liberal and you have your judges and lawyers, it would be fun to use the court as a weapon of mass liberal control.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »

Personally I wish there was a way to whack former members who are ratting you out. Literally my first thought whenever I got that particular notification was how I wish I could track the snitch down and just deal with the problem then and there. It shouldn't be easy by any means, and the squealer would probably have police protection of some sort, but it's an activity I'd be interested in seeing.

Back on the topic of the trial itself, yeah, needs more options. Really I wish there was more of a medium between "fuckwit paralegal" and "Richard Gere's character on Chicago", which absolutely doesn't exist if you don't have sleeper lawyers.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.