Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.22 Released  (Read 44658 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.22 Released
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »

The resting-while-uninjured bug is 4320 and it's fixed for the next release.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2011, 03:38:18 pm »

Sweet! That was my only major quarrel with this version. Any chance the quick-fix will be out today?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2011, 03:39:45 pm »

Remember it takes about a day to compile the game for a new release. Toady still wants to see what other hotfixes he needs to do before doing that long compile.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »

True true, sorry I'm impatient. Suppose i'll go amuse myself with some boring sc2 in the mean time!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2011, 03:55:34 pm »

Remember it takes about a day to compile the game for a new release. Toady still wants to see what other hotfixes he needs to do before doing that long compile.

also the bucket bug seems not resolved (from the tracker), so it should be around one day after that? (unless something else comes up)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »

Hm, I see I'll have to get right on putting together a save for that then.

Also I had a resident get sutured with cow and water buffalo hair.  Seems to make sense but they never seemed to do it before (or at least I never saw them do it), and there was no mention of it in any devlogs, so I figured I'd mention it just in case something went wonky.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2011, 04:05:04 pm »

Hm, I see I'll have to get right on putting together a save for that then.

Also I had a resident get sutured with cow and water buffalo hair.  Seems to make sense but they never seemed to do it before (or at least I never saw them do it), and there was no mention of it in any devlogs, so I figured I'd mention it just in case something went wonky.

Hair could be spun into thread in .21, I don't see why not.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

Ah, that's good then.  Exactly what I wanted to hear.

EDIT: Save file added to the bug report for overly full buckets Toady. It seems to be affected in some way by save loading because once I reloaded the game he didn't do it until he filled the bucket emptied it and then came back.  So it seems a little tricky.   You should see somebody do it within a minute though if you keep an eye on those wells.  There's more than one fill pond job floating around and about 100 idlers sitting around waiting for something to do.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:45:05 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »

Okay, I'm grabbing that now.  I have a few more things I want to test, so I'm not sure, but I'm either going to release sometime tomorrow morning, or the morning after that, unless there are a lot more reports that arise.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2011, 05:09:43 pm »

While I understand that it's a huge, complicated game, a day is really a long time. I had thought it was 5 hours judging by Threetoe's words a few versions back. Anyway, I guess it makes sense considering it has to compile a version for each of the versions you see on the home page (SDL versions for all OS, legacy versions, not to mention packaging each into a zip).

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2011, 05:20:34 pm »

Yeah, it's about five hours.  I get the release notes, file changes, html etc. set up while it is compiling, but there is flipping between the different computers, and linux is on a partition right now so I can't simultaneously compile it (though linux only takes like 15 minutes as opposed to Windows hour).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Ovg

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥ Pretty Princess ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »

Toady, I love you so much! I think I will donate as soon as I can scrape some monies together (being a student is not a well paying job  :-[)

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »

Woot! Toady you're such a boss.

I'm hoping tomorrow morning! I didn't notice too many problems other then the buckets and the health care (resting without injury and random surgery that doesn't do anything). I can only imagine the pain in the ass compiling it all is though, reading what you guys have said.

And I hear you Ovg, I got to wait one more month to get back into work from school so I can donate a bit of cash. This game has easily provided me more challenge and -fun- then most of my other games combined. I'd feel wrong just using this product without paying for it.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2011, 06:13:37 pm »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. The release I've been waiting for!

Time to strike the earth!

Thanks, Toady!
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2011, 06:50:19 pm »

I noticed you resolved the bucket thing.  Good work Toady, glad to see it was an easy fix.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11