Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.22 Released  (Read 44833 times)

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.22 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 11:54:27 am »

So yer having it happen on spots that don't have water?  ...hmm, maybe I should edit the report... 

So maybe the act of grass dying turns the tile into flat ground?  I noticed it with water probably because grass growing in deep water seems to almost instantly die.  But if it's happening on the ground too in what I assume are heavily trafficked zones maybe it's grass dying that causes it...

I did have water on the stairs in the past, but when they were vanishing it was long after the water had dried up. It is certainly a high-traffic area of my fort, so it could be from grass dying.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 12:02:14 pm »

Спасибо вам, товарищ Тоади! Желаю дальнейших творческих успехов и развития вашего проекта.
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 12:29:30 pm »

Спасибо вам, товарищ Тоади! Желаю дальнейших творческих успехов и развития вашего проекта.
Sorry?
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »

Joy and crutches for everyone! Thanks Tarnmaster!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

jwest23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »

Sorry?
http://goo.gl/n8RV0

And thanks, Toady!

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 12:39:40 pm »

So yer having it happen on spots that don't have water?  ...hmm, maybe I should edit the report... 

So maybe the act of grass dying turns the tile into flat ground?  I noticed it with water probably because grass growing in deep water seems to almost instantly die.  But if it's happening on the ground too in what I assume are heavily trafficked zones maybe it's grass dying that causes it...

I did have water on the stairs in the past, but when they were vanishing it was long after the water had dried up. It is certainly a high-traffic area of my fort, so it could be from grass dying.

After doing a little bit of field research, I can confirm that this issue only happens on muddied tiles.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 01:01:34 pm »

After doing a little bit of field research, I can confirm that this issue only happens on muddied tiles.
Phew! Then I can update to .22... right after I finally got the init files in .21 set up the way I like them, too!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 01:17:25 pm »

Great Job Toady!! Thank You!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2011, 01:23:30 pm »

I've got badger man/women roaming on the surface. Can anyone guess what song is going through my head right now?  ;)

EDIT: And now it's giant badgers...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:26:58 pm by analog »
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2011, 01:53:37 pm »

To celebrate the appearance of Penguins in the game I suggest to expand the BUILDING DESTROYER tag a bit and add another option ":W".

A creature with this tag should purposefully destroy all windows. :-)
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2011, 01:56:26 pm »

This means,
"Thank you, (comrade :P) Toady! [ I ] wish you further success and development of your project."
I support him :D

EDIT: Ninja'd! But I did it myself :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2011, 02:00:25 pm »

Downloading right now. The ghost bug being fixed, as well as healthcare issues, is good.

Also, everything is indeed better with platypi.

Edit: HELL YEAH PLATYPUS MEN AND GIANT PLATYPUS
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:06:21 pm by Naryar »

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2011, 02:15:12 pm »

I've been waiting for this release.

As much as I look forward to some of the coming attractions, the killing of so many bugs, and hopefully such a stable release is exactly what I've been looking for in starting my next serious fortress.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »

I found another odd little bug, but I havent gotten this one to reproduce yet or really know what's going on with it.

Filling a pit with water.  I'm looking through my fortress and I come across somebody carrying a bucket very very slowly.

It seems Toady's dwarves left a little bit of portable hole in the buckets when he told them to pour them out of the pots and take them to the atom smasher.

EDIT: Seems to reproduce.  #0004318
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:41:53 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 02:37:54 pm »

I found another odd little bug, but I havent gotten this one to reproduce yet or really know what's going on with it.

Filling a pit with water.  I'm looking through my fortress and I come across somebody carrying a bucket very very slowly.

It seems Toady's dwarves left a little bit of portable hole in the buckets when he told them to pour them out of the pots and take them to the atom smasher.

EDIT: Seems to reproduce.  Posting.

Ha!  I hope he fills the pit with water in one trip.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11