Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Bugs - what is now the most important thing to fix?  (Read 12497 times)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs - what is now the most important thing to fix?
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

Found this thread in a search trying to find if a few specific bugs have been fixed, so apologies if I'm necro-bumping.

There are a few bugs I'd really like to see fixed though.

First, there are a couple of weapon-balance bugs that I feel break the combat system as it's currently implemented, at least for fortress  mode, specifically

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2712 (whips cut through masterwork steel armor like butter)

and

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2327 (blunt weapons not effective at all)

Second, there are a few bugs that just seem to have essentially "turned off" major game features. For example,

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2036 means that exotic animals are untrainable, since the Dungeon Master doesn't work.

or

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4133  (good/evil plants don't exist any more).

Finally, there's the lag bug described here:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4207

Where the game is apparently checking every thought every dwarf has for expiration, every frame. So as dwarves accumulate thousands of "talked with a friend recently" thoughts, lag skyrockets.

There are a lot of other areas that need general work -- for example, interaction between military & civilian equipment -- but those few bugs right there are the ones I find particularly saddening, either because they can undeservedly kill a fort (one goblin lasher squad taking out an entire masterwork-clad military) or because they turn off game features I really enjoyed playing (I still want a fortress with an army of tame giant war eagles. One day!)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2011, 01:47:11 pm »

Every little FPS fix will help.
On checking thoughts every frame: heap-based priority queue, like in cron deamon would speed this up to neglible at the cost of slight complication of adding and removing thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:52:25 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2011, 07:16:53 am »

And bug that caused me to abandon DF: siege will follow leader, also dead or caged leader
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher
  • Son of Ilúvatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2011, 08:05:40 am »

equiping weapons in adventure and fortress modes

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2011, 10:05:59 am »

^ 'w' for adventure mode

For fortress mode go to their uniforms and assign them weapons.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2011, 10:12:55 am »

Hospitals hoarding too much supplies, injured dwarves not going to hospital, dry pool starvation traps (adv. mode) and missingno...bles spring to mind.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:37 am »

I've got a biggy. Fix dwarves trying to perform tasks where one or both parts of the task place them outside their current burrow. The constant cycles just destroy frame rates and if you have a lot going on outsid, ofrbiding and canceling selections on everything isn't a quick process.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »

I've got a biggy. Fix dwarves trying to perform tasks where one or both parts of the task place them outside their current burrow. The constant cycles just destroy frame rates and if you have a lot going on outsid, ofrbiding and canceling selections on everything isn't a quick process.

d - b - f ?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:48:49 pm by Buttery_Mess »
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »

That only works if it's all on one level and that level dosen't contain your fort. otheriwse you have to forbid across a half a dozen Z levels, working around your fort to make themn ot go out there, but still sue stuff inside your fort, then reverse it once they're gone. it's a real PITA. Just having burrow asigned dwarves never look outside their burrow for a job would work.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]