- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 13, 2011, 10:28:49 pm

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 129

Author Topic: Netland VII: Subversion of Innocence  (Read 177591 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Netland VII: Subversion of Innocence
« Reply #1260 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »

Launch sonic bursts at the cracks on the golem's leg.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:01 am »

01101: Grab the dagger again, and flit behind a corner or a pillar, forcing the guard to approach me to continue his attack. ready one tube of alien epoxy, for use upon the guard. Follow up with an electrical stunning attack to screw up his casting.
Kisame: Attach cannon to shoulder and make a kickstand for it to negate massive recoil.
Dragonshardz: "This is not working." Find a bigger gun.
Japa: Try to widen the crack enough to slip inside.
TolyK: Find stuff lying around, make into contraption of death and destruction.
Ragnarok: Absorb all of the 'Majika' in the entire damn academy and turn it into a gravity well at the exact center of the golem.
Sinpwn: Launch sonic bursts at the cracks on the golem's leg.

01101: 2

Unfortunately, this building is totally circular.

You squirt a tube of epoxy onto the guard. His robe becomes solid, and he struggles to free himself.

ZAP

He falls unconcious.

Kisame: 3

You prop your gun up on the stone of the tower. That should negate the accuraccy penalty.

Dragonshardz: 6

You remember a trick one of the older Paladins showed you back when you were with Lyons' Brotherhood. You reconfigure your laser rifle to fire at a higher power, though it'll wear itself out much faster and consumes one MF cell every shot.

Japa:

The cracks aren't nearly wide enough for you to get into. They're still just minor fractures.

TolyK: 1

You pick up a rock and throw it at the golem, pulling a tendon in your arm.

Ragnarok:

You look out the window and try to Graviga the golem. Nothing happens.

"You've absorbed the local magical energy, you dumbass. Your magic isn't going to work anymore," the archmage says from an armchair. "You've got to learn some of our local magic. Raminus downstairs has some spells for sale, but I'm feeling charitable today so I'm going to teach you one of my super-special spells. And Flare, since your Destruction skill isn't going to be high enough to cast anything else."

The Archmage teaches you Bignose Dickhead's Single-Target Soul-Stealer, and Flare. You try to cast Soul-Stealer on the golem. Nothing happens.

"Like I said, you're only going to be able to cast low-level spells at first. There's a spell shop down in town, Someoneorother's Discount Spells. That's where I learned my first few spells, actually. You can fight in the Arena for Septims to buy spells with. Once you get a few hundred you can come back up here for some training. I figure I may as well take on an apprentice, and you show some promise. Plus that would count as keeping my promise to help you guys if you defeat that golem for me."

Sinpwn: 3

"HEY GUYS, CAN I JOIN YOUR GROUP?"
"WHAT CAN YOU DO?"

Roll to aim: 3

You let loose a sonic blast that catches the golem square in the chest (though that's not where you were aiming). It stumbles, causing a few bits of clay to fall out of the cracked kneecap.

"OKAY, YOU CAN JOIN."

Text:

Action Lamp blasts the golem again.

Roll to aim: 4

He hits the golem's kneecap, and holds the beam for another two seconds. The cracks are clearly visible now, and are reaching the edges of the kneecap.

Dragonshardz takes aim.

FTAM!

He follows up Action Lamp's blast with one of his own, causing the clay to glow a bright orange.

Japa lines herself up for a finishing blow with her brass knuckles.

She flies into the glowing hot clay, fists outstretched. A big cloud of clay dust rises under her fists, and the cracks spiderweb out to the edges of the kneecap.

The golem takes a few more steps, the cracks widening with each one, and then its kneecap falls apart and its leg falls off. It falls over, shattering against the ground and sending rubble everywhere.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:54:05 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 06, 2011, 11:57:01 am »

God damnit, another chance of a sweet ride lost.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:20 am »

Ask around to see if any people have seen any white-blue glowing rocks that may or may not be sourcestone.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 06, 2011, 01:05:08 pm »

Take stuff from the golem.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 06, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »

Woo! Critical successes!

Return my rifle to its normal power configuration. If possible, create a way to switch between normal-power and high-power modes.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 06, 2011, 09:59:15 pm »

Fuck this. Convert Majicka to good old MP. Then blow the shit out of the golem. I'll work on learning... wait, I have a better idea.

Set up a funnel of majika, find a target, and cast flare at it until I've mastered this destruction shit. Then turn the spell up to eleven and blast it at the golem.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 06, 2011, 10:02:23 pm »

What golem?

The golem's dead.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 06, 2011, 10:04:47 pm »

Well then, ignore that part, and just grind Destruction until... and so on.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 07, 2011, 06:46:52 am »

Well, now that I've defeated him in fair combat, I now have property rights to that guys stuff. I therefore exercise those rights, and search him for magic, and whatever weapon he has. Bow would be nice. Just to check, this is a random guard, right?
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 07, 2011, 08:09:32 am »

Did I hear right? Magik for sale?
Get me some Spells. If plot intervenes derail it with extreme prejudece.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 07, 2011, 01:07:51 pm »

Just to check, this is a random guard, right?

Yes. A battlemage guard, but a random guard nonetheless.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 07, 2011, 02:18:51 pm »

You really don't care if I derail the plot for some majicka?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 07, 2011, 09:30:02 pm »

A good GM will just stealth-rerail it.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 08, 2011, 10:25:02 am »

I don't see how not letting you have any magic can derail the plot.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 129