- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 13, 2011, 10:28:49 pm

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 129

Author Topic: Netland VII: Subversion of Innocence  (Read 179519 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Netland VII: Subversion of Innocence
« Reply #810 on: July 22, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

Still hoping to get word on if I may join. If I can, then Maintenance and Repair Entity 01101 would probably be only a car or two down, working on burning away the bloodstains to clean things up. This'll look like a trenchcoat bending over to zap large swaths of floor with energy. Fair amounts of smoke may be involved.

So does your character have a humanoid body image or what?

Fairly amorphous by default, shrinking back to simple torus shapes when tired or damaged, but at this point in time filling out the trenchcoat and hat, sticking out pseudo-pods for hands. Probably a pair of sunglasses too, to give normal people something to focus on when talking to them.

I mean, if he's making the trenchcoat bend down...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 23, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »

bawmp

Who-all is missing? I might just kill off everyone who doesn't post before the next turn.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 23, 2011, 10:10:27 pm »

Frankly I don't even know whats going on and this thread has derailed into something horrific.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 23, 2011, 10:12:12 pm »

Frankly I don't even know whats going on and this thread has derailed into something horrific.

No, it's supposed to be like that. 

O11O1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 23, 2011, 10:59:18 pm »

...((Cut for space))...

So does your character have a humanoid body image or what?

Yes, the Idea is to seem to be human/humanoid on first glance.
A slight smell of ions.....

... "My student guidance counselor said my personality test results came back, and my ideal career is as a brigand because I love hurting people and stealing stuff, with a Life Goal of killing 3 or 4 adventurers" ...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 24, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »

Japa: Try to find a medic to fix up my arm. pretend not to be covered in blood.
Ragnarok: Search for magic stuff.
0110: working on burning away the bloodstains to clean things up.

Japa: 3

MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC MEIDICK

You recieve TEH H33LZ from Frelock, who better come back because Frelock is cool. :(

Ragnarok: 2

You walk back to the boxcars to poke around, and find a floating trenchcoat.

JUTS THEN dermonster jumps out of a cake.

I have a headache.

ONE ZERO ZERO\ONE ZERO ZERO\ONE, SOS: 3

You clean bloodstains LIEK A BAWS.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Frelock: Medic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyberix: MJ-12 MIB (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kisame12794: Miner (click to show/hide)

Party TOAST Credits: 1,800 TC.

NPCs:

Spoiler: Action Lamp: Lamp (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 24, 2011, 02:08:10 pm »

*Is suddenly reconsidering everything*

Was that a turn? Looks like a jumbled up mass of old meme's and trolling.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 24, 2011, 02:09:46 pm »

*Is suddenly reconsidering everything*

Was that a turn? Looks like a jumbled up mass of old meme's and trolling.

It's not a good one.

Quality of turns is proportional to quality of actions and inversely proportional to level of headacheyness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 24, 2011, 02:19:06 pm »

The actions weren't even quoted! Yeah, I get that headaches may lead to a bit of quality decline, and player actions are what they are, but have some standards man! There's a point where you have to just look over what you have and go 'That isn't good enough, I can do better. I WILL do better.'

Of course, 'better' is a subjective term, but motivational speeches were never cited for technical accuracy.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 24, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »

The actions weren't even quoted! Yeah, I get that headaches may lead to a bit of quality decline, and player actions are what they are, but have some standards man! There's a point where you have to just look over what you have and go 'That isn't good enough, I can do better. I WILL do better.'

Of course, 'better' is a subjective term, but motivational speeches were never cited for technical accuracy.

Action-quoting is for conformists. My system is superior. LIKE DALEKS

Have you even read part of the thread?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 24, 2011, 02:28:26 pm »

Oh yeah I forgot, this RTD is... weird. Yeah, weird. Let's go with that.

Welp, since in context I have no idea whats going on as I spontaneously teleported into this random cake accidentally, I'll have to

Teleport to a high location and observe surroundings.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 24, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »

Hey why didn't I get a turn?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 24, 2011, 05:50:54 pm »

Hey why didn't I get a turn?

UI must have missed your action, soriy.

Oh yeah I forgot, this RTD is... weird. Yeah, weird. Let's go with that.

What do you mean by that?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 24, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

I'm just kinda accustomed to the regular RTD stuff. Quoted actions, coherent storytelling (I just... jumped out of a cake? What? How? Why was I in a cake?!), the thread not going off the deep end with people spontaneously asking everyone in the thread to watch videos completely unrelated to anything.

This RTD is out of those boundaries and is therefore 'weird'.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »

This RTD is out of those boundaries and is therefore awesome.

Fixed that for you.

coherent storytelling (I just... jumped out of a cake? What? How? Why was I in a cake?!)

It's usually coherent. But I had a headache and so I said to myself, "Fuck it, let's put him in a cake."

Anyway, why WEREN'T you in a cake?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 129