Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.Upcoming?  (Read 3652 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
0.Upcoming?
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:43:30 am »

http://216.97.239.212/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php

Can we expect a quick-fix release in the next few days or these bugfixes are only for the next feature version?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:04:32 am by thvaz »

Daw1de

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 0.Upcoming?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:51:09 am »

I think he is planning to switch to 0.32

ahonek

• Bay Watcher
  • Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 09:55:40 am »

The way I understand his versioning scheme, he won't be switching to 0.32 until he completes a major feature, which I assume would be the completion of the caravan arc. I could be wrong.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 01:02:35 pm »

I noticed that
Dwarves come to hospital to Rest without injuries (and also endless tooth surgery)
was marked as resolved.
Who wants to bet that means that any dwarf that goes towards getting stuck in an endless surgery loop just dies instead?  :P
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »

I noticed that
Dwarves come to hospital to Rest without injuries (and also endless tooth surgery)
was marked as resolved.
Who wants to bet that means that any dwarf that goes towards getting stuck in an endless surgery loop just dies instead?  :P

So that's why my dwarf is resting in the hospital getting surgery done on him constantly when he isn't injured in any way whatsoever.. next version can't come soon enough.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 02:00:31 pm »

http://216.97.239.212/dwarves/mantisbt/changelog_page.php

Can we expect a quick-fix release in the next few days or these bugfixes are only for the next feature version?
I'd guess Toady doesn't quite know at this point whether he wants to release a 31.23 bugfix release, or bundle these bugfixes with the upcoming Release 1 features (better town maps), which he has indicated would be 32.01. If he knew which of the two he wants the next release to be, I'm sure he'd have used the actual version number.

The way I understand his versioning scheme, he won't be switching to 0.32 until he completes a major feature, which I assume would be the completion of the caravan arc. I could be wrong.
Not quite. This was the case when the core/req/bloat system was in use, where the 0.X.Y.Z version number meant X cores completed (100 cores would be 1.00), Y reqs completed, and Z bloats completed, and the caravan arc was split into multiple core items (three of them, though one (the tribute relationships) seems to be now relegated to the army arc, and at least one dev item seems to have been a core in another arc (lifecycles)).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 03:30:53 pm »

The caravan arc is a TON of major features. Not just one.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 04:58:08 pm »

It's going to be 0.31.23, and soonish -- but I have to create the new version on Mantis right after releasing, and I wasn't sure at the time if I was going to need a new quick fix (only 95% sure...).
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »

It's going to be 0.31.23, and soonish -- but I have to create the new version on Mantis right after releasing, and I wasn't sure at the time if I was going to need a new quick fix (only 95% sure...).

Can this please make it in .23? It even has saves attached and it's a pretty major problem because the food doesn't get put into pots or barrels.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4054
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 02:23:16 am »

So 32.01 will be the START of the Caravan Arc? or the end thereof and the beginning of the Military Arc?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 02:55:45 am »

So 32.01 will be the START of the Caravan Arc? or the end thereof and the beginning of the Military Arc?
You're misunderstanding. The numbers aren't related to the Arcs, but to the individual features encompassed within (as well as some that don't fit neatly into any arc). It will be neither at the beginning of the Caravan arc (which has already passed) nor at the end, which is likely still off by a considerable while, but rather, some point during it. Arcs are not particularly relevant to version numbers.