Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarvenrealms [Major Mod]  (Read 21776 times)

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvenrealms [Major Mod]
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 03:48:15 pm »

If you're talking about using a different ascii set, that's easy enough. For sprites, though, I have to draw ~300 units. I will probably do this, but it won't happen quickly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:29:54 pm by Koji »
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 05:02:30 pm »

Are the Pheobus/Ironhand and Mayday tilesets all ASCII? If so yes that is wat I meant ^_^

And thank you very much I would very much appreciate it. And am sure a lot of other ppl would too
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

alcohol_dependent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »

Yes! Dragonrealms!

Wow, it is weird to see the word S'Kra Mur written in DF. Probably because S'Kra Mur are so vividly portrayed in my mind. Oh, that and the term is impregnated with years of drooling slack-jawed scripting.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 03:38:34 am »

Getting the tileset working is proving problematic. You have to do a lot to the raws to get them in line with whatever changes Ironhand decided to make. It's about halfway done right now, but I am having trouble tracking down the water and wetland tile designations in the init and raws.

I updated the mod so that it uses the newest version of DF (.25), and added some new clowns for the funhouse. These largely replace the default ones, though if you leave the world gen settings at default you'll still get an interesting visitor every now and then. I fixed a few more creatures' fire/lightning attacks. I am not really a fan of the way breath attacks work in DF currently, each one spelling instant doom for whoever is hit with little/no chance to escape. They're now all part of melee attacks, injecting liquid or gas that will flow out and behave like fire or frost or whatever. Losing is fun, yes, but not when you haven't had a chance to think you're doing well first.

Overall this world is a LOT more dangerous than vanilla DF. If an attack breaches your shield/dodge/parry skill, your armor is not impenetrable, and even a wooden arrow will sometimes slip through steel plate mail. The depths are filled with horrible horrible monsters, there are three evil factions (Dragon Priests, Black Goblins/Orcs, and Goblins), and the megabeasts and their smaller cousins can be far more trouble than their vanilla counterparts.

The next set of releases should be focused on giving the Kermorians some more capacity to fight back. I will be working on the rare metals and considering how best to employ custom reactions and buildings to make things more Elanthian.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 04:13:11 am »

Sorry for causing u all this trouble I really didnt realise that it would e such a hassle :(

But thanks for all the hard work u are putting in

Also The next update sounds really interesting and nice

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 06:42:40 am »

Sorry for causing u all this trouble I really didnt realise that it would e such a hassle :(

It's not really that much trouble, and I generally prefer to play with a tileset anyway, so it's something I would have to do regardless.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 06:53:47 am »

It's not really that much trouble, and I generally prefer to play with a tileset anyway, so it's something I would have to do regardless.

Glad I suggested it then ^_^

And thanks again always nice when a modder goes through trouble for their "customers" ^_^

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21:37 pm »

Here is the first video of the LP I am doing on DwarvenRealms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izqy9zVokxk

Please tell me wat u think of it and wat I should do to improve anything

And here is the playlist which the mod will be LPed upon

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=55BA3CB0C6D45ACB
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:24:18 pm by Ult1mara »

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 01:48:07 am »

Here is the first video of the LP I am doing on DwarvenRealms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izqy9zVokxk

Please tell me wat u think of it and wat I should do to improve anything

And here is the playlist which the mod will be LPed upon

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=55BA3CB0C6D45ACB

Oh cool. I'll hunt down that "wheat seeds" bug. "Seed potatoes" are what you plant to grow new potatoes. They're just little potatoes that you plant instead of eating.

I'll fix Zylo's caste to show its name in the title. Zylo is a S'kra Mur, which is actually the same race that the Dragonpriests are. I think he has a grudge already because they tend to be jerks. The different skills and traits that the races have make them good for different things. S'kra are good craftsmen and soldiers but don't get along with people very well.

I see the Arzumos didn't seem very aggressive. I am having a problem lately where large_predators are shying away from combat. If I give them nofear and likes_fighting they behave suicidally. If I remember right, large_predators judge prey by size. If you have a Gor'tog, they're pretty huge, so maybe they're frightening wildlife. That's fine I guess.

I have been really busy lately so the tileset conversion has been slow going. I figured it out sort of, and there's not nearly as much work involved as I thought. I'll keep you posted.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 06:19:34 am »

Here you go ult1mara (and anyone else who liked graphics): http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4321

I think I caught all the raw conversions. If you see a snake walking around using a piece of chicken as its tile, let me know. I haven't had time to check out the cave stuff so it might look slightly atrocious.

I'm really happy with Ironhand's tileset. I've got to make tilesets for the Kermorians, so at the moment they're just using the dwarven adventurer tileset which I admit looks a bit lame.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »

Here you go ult1mara (and anyone else who liked graphics): http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4321

I think I caught all the raw conversions. If you see a snake walking around using a piece of chicken as its tile, let me know. I haven't had time to check out the cave stuff so it might look slightly atrocious.

I'm really happy with Ironhand's tileset. I've got to make tilesets for the Kermorians, so at the moment they're just using the dwarven adventurer tileset which I admit looks a bit lame.

Thank you very much for this I am pretty sure this could not have been easy but I am Very thankful for this and am sure others will be too ^_^

U should put the link on the OP, if u havent already?

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:40 am »

I found a lot of incorrectly displayed tiles and fixed them. I drew a new tile for bamboo because I didn't like the graphic Ironhand was using for it. I added in a few Elanthian pack animals (The Tarupamki, Kregkeirel, and Sithannik) that should make food and wool a bit easier to come by. I added Sugar Cane to go along with the bamboo tile update, and added a new task at the Soap Maker's Workshop: Create Lye Bleach. Lye Makers can now create bleach from lye, which dyers can use to turn cloth white. I changed Scorpion Flowers to dye things Yellow, so now there's a pretty robust range of dyes floating around out there. Still not as many as I'd like, so I'll have to keep working at it.

I've started working on creature tiles. I want to get a handful of them done before I do the next update. So far I've run into a little bit of trouble upon finding out that you can't make tiles vary by caste. I tried to work around it by giving caste-using wildlife natural skills in certain professions and custom job titles (adan'f blood warrior, adan'f spirit dancer, etc), but wildlife and even domesticated intelligent creatures don't use profession titles. Only proper entity members do. Oh well.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:27 am »

Thank you Very much for putting me on the OP ^_^

And yeah it is nice when ppl actually start to make their own tiles for their mods ... makes the mod feel a lot more "original"

And it sucks when RL gets in the way of stuff u like to do :( ne ways hope things get less hectic ^_^

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 01:53:59 am »

Progress on the custom tileset continues apace. Pictured, left to right:

Adan'f, Antelope, Arbelog, Asaren Celpeze, Biter, Black Ape, Black Bear, Black Marble Gargoyle, Blight Ogre, Blue and Green Peacock, Blue-Bellied Crocodile, Blue-green Pivuh, Bone Mammoth, Carnivorous Gelapod, Cat, Cave Bear, Cheetah, Chicken, Corpse Grub, Cougar, Cow, Coyote, Crag, Dobek Moruryn, Dog, Donkey, Dromedary, Duck, Earthen Construct, Elephant, Elk, Fox, Frostweyr Bear, Gargantuan Korograth, Gazelle, Giant Blade Spider, Giant Blade Spider Queen, Giant Blight Bat, Giant Wolf Spider, Glutinous Lipopod, Goat, Goose, Granite Gargoyle, Grass Eel, Grave Worm, Grey Clay Soldier, Grizzly Bear, Groundhog, Guinea Fowl, Hare, Heggarangi Frog, Hiro Bear, Guinea Pig, Horse, Jackal, Human, Kra'hei, Kregkeirel, Large Lachmate, Lich, Lion, Mottled Westanuryn, Mule, Nightreaver/weaver/stalker Unyn, Nipoh Oshu, Ogre, Pard, Pig, Piruati Serpent, Poloh'izh, Rabbit, Raccoon, Red Brocket Deer, Reindeer, Retan Dolomar, River Boa, S'lai, Sailfin Lizard, Sand Spider, Sea Monster, Sheep, Shh'oi Paguur, Silverfish, Sinuous Elsralael, Sithannik, Sky Hawk, Sleek Hele'la, Snaer Hafwa, Spectacled Caiman, Sun Vulture, Tarupamki, Thunder Ram, Tiger, Turkey, Vulture, Vykathi, Walrus, Water Buffalo, Whale, Wild Boar, Wind Hound, Winged Black Marble Gargoyle, Wolf, Yak, Yeehar, Yvhh La'tami
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 04:01:53 am »

Looking good Koji Looking Koji
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4