Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarvenrealms [Major Mod]  (Read 21782 times)

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvenrealms [Major Mod]
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 03:28:08 pm »

There. I finished the graphics pack. It has almost everything--all I'm missing are a few professions for the Dragon Priests, but they'll be fine until we get that going. I added a ton of trees and plants, modified a lot of materials, and got everything that was bothering me squared away.

The rare metals make your choice of metal important for each soldier. A Kaldar or Gor'tog, for instance, are very strong and can use Damite and Kertig without being slowed down too much. Conversely, a gnome or halfling would be too slow lugging a bunch of heavy gear around and would actually do better with something like a lumium dagger, which can stand up to, if not overwhelm, the heavier metals.

If you are lucky enough to be killing a few celpeze (or another fang-yielding animal) a year, you will be able to put out a steady stream of fang-tipped arrows, which are generally around iron or bronze quality. Sling bullets are great for taking down armored enemies. All trees now have realistic solid_density values--several of them are now good enough to make basic weapons out of.

Leather from certain animals is a lot better than leather from others. Gargoyle skin is actually made of stone (though the underlying materials are still meaty), and shadow beast scale makes for pretty good armor.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:37:51 pm by Koji »
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »

Luving the new Graphics Koji. Will try to get a new vid up asap. Just got things to do first but expect one up soonish ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 11:54:48 am »

Despite warnings about the curse on this area, our expidition settled down on the shore of the Lake of Dreams. We had hoped that by picking the least horrible of the three lakes, and avoiding the deeper part of Forisaad, we could make some money and stay out of trouble.

We saw some water sprites at the water's edge a ways off, giggling and dancing. We kept our distance, and they kept theirs.

After building a rough palisade around out little plot of land, we erected a three-story lodge in the center and a smaller workshop off to one side. Things are a bit of a mess while we get settled in, but we're marginally safe. Over in the quarry, the miners have already found gold. I won't lie, I'm a little excited.

Deep down, the quarry opened up to a natural cave system. It was a good find, as there's water down there we can use during the deeper part of winter. But scuttling in the darkness are the hated enemy. Silverfish.

Silverfish are not very big. They are also stupid, and will go after the first moving thing they see. If that thing is a gor'tog, a kaldar, a human, a dwarf--whatever, most people can take care of themselves when it comes to silverfish. But the olvi and gnome population has been absolutely decimated by these monsters.

They keep eating my bookkeepers! I like to hire gnomes for this job, as they are usually good with numbers, but the appointment has become a death sentence. I'm thinking I should hire a 'tog, give him an axe, and have him wait around in the quarry.

But work continues apace. We pulled apart the horrible little monsters, made armor and masks out of their chitin, and cooked up their meat. Ugh. I told the boys we'd shipped in some Giant Salt Crab. Nobody bought it, but the lie helps that gooey gray meat go down easier.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 04:27:55 pm »

I really enjoyed the whole little story u did ^_^ it was well thought out :P

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »

New video up for my LP of this mod @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4RSUl553FE

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 08:49:35 pm »

New video up for my LP of this mod @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4RSUl553FE

Those leg wounds can be a drag. I really wish I could make it so that medicine would heal you quicker, since this mod is so deadly.

The latest version has more graphical tiles than I see you using. Try backing up your save and then importing the newest raws. It should give tiles to things like the Arzumos.

An arzumos is basically a saber-toothed tiger, by the way. They're big and scary, but no more dangerous than a lion. Just be careful of the spiders underground. Also, it seems like people come with metal helmets these days. I don't really understand why.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 10:34:49 pm »

I shall try to be careful ^_^ and also yeah tose leg wounds are annoying

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 03:44:22 pm »

What I hope I can do when Toady releases the next version:

Rakash change into moonskin during the full moon, gaining several advantages.
Liches can raise the dead, and will pass these secrets on to mortal students.
Barghests will grow more powerful during the full moon.
Minor magic: With a cambrinth rod and the appropriate runestone, magic will be available during fortress mode. Currently planned: Fire Shard, Fire Ball, Lightning Bolt, Zephyr. If interactions allow, I will also include Swirling Winds, Courage, Ethereal Shield, Senses of the Tiger, and a few others.

Until then I can only think of some very minor updates, such as fixing the number of hats you are allowed to wear.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Quarynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 06:21:40 pm »

Ancient Steam-Bot, with 1,000,000 horse power

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 04:18:03 pm »

Haha I like it, I added it to the first post if that's ok.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical

Quarynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 06:33:07 pm »

Sure go on  ;)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »

Love the new OP pic love it ^_^

Quarynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »

I think Koji is dead

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2011, 07:21:31 pm »

I think Koji is dead

True true he might be :P

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 06:41:59 am »

I believe this deserves a bump. I never noticed it until just now!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4