Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 Released  (Read 42323 times)

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.24 Released
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »

That usually indicates the pasture is too small. Try making other pastures and splitting the animals up.

I've already converted almost the entire overland into a series of max-sized pastures  :'(
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2011, 09:10:09 pm »

And you've assigned different animals to each one? They don't overlap?

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2011, 09:14:06 pm »

Inderdaad. And animals are dying like flies even though there are dozens, if not a hundred or two, normal and dense grass tiles in each.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2011, 10:16:48 pm »

Inderdaad. And animals are dying like flies even though there are dozens, if not a hundred or two, normal and dense grass tiles in each.

Yeah, that's bad. File a bug report and upload a copy of the save.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2011, 10:41:57 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4367

0004367: Animals die while still lots of grass in pasture

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »

This rapid fire series of releases is making me feel like a gleeful child.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 01:48:52 am »

And .25 is coming (2 crash bug fixed)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2011, 01:57:34 am »

Hopefully the  next inter  release bug fix marathons won't be so harsh now that most of the stuff is stable.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2011, 03:07:29 am »

It seems that my animals keep starving to death with hundreds of grass tiles still in their pastures. It looks like they eat out the top-left corner of the pasture and promptly die  :-\

I haven't seen this in my pastures at all - is it a pasture from a save in a previous version?  Have you tried removing the zone and recreating it?

Something I used to do which caused me much confusion in the past was create a single-tile zone inside the zone I originally meant to create because I was using extra keystrokes while generating zones - you sure you only have one zone there, not two, with one being a single tile zone?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2011, 03:14:36 am »

I am also finding my animals like to die from starving too, usually its because i dont have a pasture set up and they simply stay indoors and kill themselves off.

Anyways, Love the bug release again. I bet Toady is going to find that lots of people are going to be donating this month.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2011, 04:35:57 am »

lol toady's on fire ^_^ gj man with the fixes, lots of chronic stuff fixed - i'm keeping all the version binaries though, i'm sure i'll feel nostalgic for the dwarves who cant crutchwalk, the surgery and soap spam at some point :P

i'm going to try to find a way to donate this time
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2011, 06:05:29 am »

Either raise their [GRAZER:xxx] token or stick to livestock >100.  If you buy a rhino or elephant from the elves just butcher it right away before it starves.  Anything else under 100 like Giraffes, Yaks, and Water Buffalo chew through grass too fast for me to consider them worth the effort.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2011, 08:21:08 am »

Yay, healthcare works. I've healed all my crippled  dwarves fine.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:00 am »

this thread is now
OBSOLETE
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]