Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released  (Read 179952 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25 Released
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »

well my desktop is pentium iii and runs df at ~3fps (~5 now)
and my gaming comp is busted
so i have to use a '99 IBM. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2011, 06:50:09 pm »

*b1gb0y2013 has gone stark raving mad!
*b1gb0y2013 has mandated the creation of more updates

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2011, 12:06:36 am »

I wish traders would bring wagons again. They don't bring nearly as much stuff to steal barter for as they used to.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2011, 12:38:17 am »

I wish traders would bring wagons again. They don't bring nearly as much stuff to steal barter for as they used to.

They used to bring more?!  God please no.  Not until there's a quicker way to filter or scroll through the item list.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2011, 07:14:27 am »

I think the important part about wagons carrying more was that there was less junk items and more heavy stuff, like iron/steel etc. But a filter option like in embark adding items screen would be kick ass. Some sort of item quality filter also, so you can dump all your low quality items quickly without accidently bartering priceless items that ended up in your bins. Dont see it happening any time soon, but would be nice...

Good work toady! Money made it into paypal so I was finally able to donate for the last few versions. Looking forward to your planned additions in the comming months.
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2011, 07:25:08 am »

Loving the update so far. Badgers are insane, and I love it. I've recently had a fort decimated by giant ones, and I've wanted something like this since the elephant rampages of lore.

I'm still having trouble finding any coal for some reason. I don't necessarily want to be swimming in metals either, but it would be nice to have more fuel available. Designating staircases down to the magma sea gets a bit tedious, and I don't always want to play a forested map.

Would it be possible to get a filter for coal on the site finder, same as there is for flux?

Alternatively, how about the ability to designate a staircase in 3D so I can do the whole path down to the magma in one go? :P

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2011, 08:24:51 am »

I'm still having trouble finding any coal for some reason. I don't necessarily want to be swimming in metals either, but it would be nice to have more fuel available. Designating staircases down to the magma sea gets a bit tedious, and I don't always want to play a forested map.

make macro: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Macros_and_Keymaps
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2011, 08:26:05 am »

you can also use the mouse to designate.

just hold down the mouse button, and > down the the bottom. you will have a column of stairs designated.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2011, 08:26:40 am »

I'm having my first "serious" fortress after 31.19. I have to say I'm loving it. It has a fresh feeling about it.

The mineral scarcity makes every single gem found count. After three years I got enough metal via trading to arm a small militia. The new industries are very interesting as are the new domestic and wild animals.

Loving it. A donation will be in order very soon.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2011, 09:39:32 am »

I don't think I've seen bituminous coal recently in a DF game, however lots and lots of lignite, so it's all good.

Ethicalfive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2011, 09:55:24 am »

My current embark has loads of bituminous coal and lignite. Lots of people finding it difficult to locate though, so it must be pretty scarce with the new mineral stuffs.

Saw captnduck designating stairs downward using the mouse button and > combo, that totally blew my mind!
Urist McMiner Unearths a strange pad. He trembles as he inspects it's time saving features. Knowing no 1 dwarf must posess this power, he quietly drops it into the nearest chasm and never speaks of it again.DwarfPad

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2011, 10:25:39 am »

Mod entity_default.txt to get caravans in extra seasons. Look in goblin entry for details ([ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING] etc). needs new world to work. Also you can mod up TRADE_CAPACITY of all pack animals. I don't know if they bring more, but you definitely can sell more.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:28:57 am by Reelyanoob »

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2011, 10:56:11 am »

Mouse + > huh?  I'll make sure to give that a whirl!

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2011, 12:10:56 pm »

The changes through 31.25 were enough not only to get me off my .18 version, but also to donate. Thanks for the bugfixes, Toady!

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2011, 01:57:33 pm »

Wow, it's already been a whole year since New Dwarf Fortress came out...

And now almost all the notable bugs are fixed. Hospitals work, military works, and everything is amazing  :D :D :D

I love you, Toady!
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27