Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: Zomboid  (Read 73363 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Zomboid
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 05:25:12 pm »

Also if its a browser game it obviously copies urban dead like other browser based zombie games, just kidding though.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:47 am »

I just donated, 5 pounds/$8 isn't much at all and it looks like X-COM, and whilst it's a shallow thing that's one of the main reasons I donated, haha.

Am I right in that the username/password will be sent after the end of April/when there's a playable demo ready?

Planned features look really good, best of luck!

lemmy101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:44 am »

That's correct. Though we may end up doing a few bug / small addition patches to the demo version before we branch off into the paid version. :)

Thanks for the donation! :) Much appreciated!

lemmy

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:35 am »

Hell yeah. The philosophy we're taking with the crafting system very much allows for explosives to be made from bleach or fertilizer or whatever (I look forward to researching that on google and the resulting governmental detention) and since suicide is a constant option open to the player with any lethal weapon this will all be inherently possible as soon as craftable explosives are in the game.

Game of the year. All years.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:13 am »

Interesting, looks and sounds very promising (and fun!) Lemmy101. Can't wait to see more of the game :)

You already got me interested, also it's always a big plus to see a dev posting in these threads.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:07 am »

Nah there is no happy ending. There is no way to stop the outbreak. A key factor of the game is your death is 100% inevitable, and it's the story of how you died. And it's that story and the things you accomplish and experiences you have while alive that are the 'goals' of this game.

There are less zombies and more survivors toward that start of the game, but it's already too late. This is worldwide and unstoppable. It's just a matter of time.

...you're in the right place here. We all play the game with the slogan "Loosing is fun" after all.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 09:41:26 am »

We also love making up ways for our dwarves humans to die glorious deaths.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 12:08:35 pm »

This has a very definite "losing is fun" vibe to it. Will keep my eye on it.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 12:37:42 pm »

Here Lies Urist:
Infected at 8:37 AM of the 5th day
Died at 3:53 PM of the 5th day, via Massive Explosion, taking 274 zombies and 26 survivors along for the ride.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

lemmy101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 01:35:23 pm »

...you're in the right place here. We all play the game with the slogan "Loosing is fun" after all.

Hey, I'm a Dwarf Fortresser too, it's probably not that much of a coincidence. :)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 04:51:47 pm »

X-Com meets zombies (well, superficially X-Com in appearance)?

Are these slow zombies, or am I going to have Chryssalid nightmares and have to hide under the bed for a month?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

lemmy101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 05:05:41 pm »

Slow shambling Romero style. :)

Though when they get close they can summon up enough gusto to do a lunge at you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »

Cool. I've been thinking zombies would be good for an x-com style game. Nice to see that someone is working on one!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 05:28:56 pm »

This might've already been answered, but...Some players are going to be very good and some are going to be very bad.  How many players do you expect a given server to have, and how frequently do new servers show up for people who failed so that they can start over?  Or, are there NPCs that dead players can jump into?

(God that always pissed me off about Left 4 Dead.  Okay, I died, there's still bots standing, let me take over a bot...)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39