Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Zomboid  (Read 73307 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Zomboid
« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »

Yeah, I just picked this up, and on my second playthrough I made it through four days. I think that's decent considering on the first playthrough I walked outside and was instantly mauled.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2014, 01:08:24 am »

Ah well. Thus ends the tale of Justin Williams, ultimately done in by an ankle biter zombie. Gotta line up just right on those guys to hit them, pretty annoying.

Still, 12 days and 56 zombies killed makes that my most successful game ever I think. That will be quite a stash if I can manage to get another survivor back to his base. I shall call it "Camp Williams" in his honor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2014, 02:34:50 am »

Is this anywhere near a finished state yet? I picked it up a while back but decided to let it get more polished before I put any serious time into it.

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2014, 07:35:10 am »

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/01/the-third-act-twist/

Look at today's mondoid :o

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2014, 10:02:24 am »

Is this anywhere near a finished state yet? I picked it up a while back but decided to let it get more polished before I put any serious time into it.

I consider it pretty complete. You have all the tools to survive indefinitely now, save games work, game doesn't crash repeatedly, there's a sandbox so you can tweak your level of survival. Really, I want for very little in game now, everything else is just feature additions.

Although most parts of its UI are still pretty much balls. And there is sometimes a lack of feedback about what happens, why. (Like, I ended up in crippling agony because I put a piece of hot bacon in my mouth, as well as giving myself food poisoning. Both things look remarkable similar to the first stages of zombification.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:34:54 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 21, 2014, 08:31:04 pm »

Huh. This is actually a lot more fun than I expected after first starting to play a couple of days ago. My latest game I managed to survive four days, but I can see going way longer if I had been smarter.

See, I couldn't find any good weapons in the first five or so houses I looted, so I had been killing things with a rolling pin and then a baseball bat. Decided I'd look at the map and see if there was anything interesting around, and found a convenience store, which had a lot of food. Unfortunately, it was either bad, or I got bitten by a zombie somewhere, because on day 3 I started getting sick. At that point I was on my way to a nearby warehouse to hopefully find a better weapon, when both my weapons broke on the way. I slept in a random tiny house, but kept getting weaker from sickness. With no weapon (I saw a pistol but left it, stuff is loud!), I resorted to walking through the neighborhood, stomping on zombies with my bare feet. It actually worked pretty well, I killed about 10 or so zombies on the way. Unfortunately, I got a little too arrogant with my feet, and got surrounded. If I hadn't been sick, I probably would have been okay, or if I kept that pistol I found, but alas. Here lies Peter Walker.

I will say though, that panic noise cuts straight to the bone. Especially once, when I was sleeping in the tiny house on the way to the warehouse, when a zombie somehow got into my totally closed house...I woke up, and it was totally dark. The only reason I noticed the zombie at all before it could bite me is because of the "PEW!" sound. Scared me half to death.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:44:48 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 22, 2014, 12:03:06 am »

Yeah, I'm on my third character, and I've made it through 10 days and 117 zombies so far. I've got a pretty nice position, and a lot of water and non perishable food saved up, but I feel like the challenge will ramp up when the power and water shut off. At least, it better. Each day I go farther and farther into the city in an ever widening circle around my safehouse. Problem is, I keep having to go farther and farther to build up my supplies, which leads to me having to spend nights in random houses. I've got a pretty good system though, but it'd be even better if I could repair my weapons.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:35 am »

Are there computer friendly NPS in the game, or plans to be implemented later?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #518 on: January 22, 2014, 10:37:12 am »

Awesome write-up nenjin, that was a great read :)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 22, 2014, 01:54:22 pm »

Are there computer friendly NPS in the game, or plans to be implemented later?

They will make it in, and were expected in prior to multiplayer. A lot of work has been done to get them in a good state - but the devs aren't happy with them so they continue to work on them.

I can't wait for them, personally, really looking forward to seeing them work.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 22, 2014, 02:53:31 pm »

Does it matter if I play this on Desura or Steam? I seem to recall that they weren't the same version when I tried getting into the game before.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 22, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »

Does it matter if I play this on Desura or Steam? I seem to recall that they weren't the same version when I tried getting into the game before.

I think? the Desura build is slightly ahead of the Steam build.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 22, 2014, 03:32:05 pm »

Well, the Desura version may be ahead, but I think you can still get that version off of steam if you opt in for the beta. Otherwise, you get the latest stable.

Okay, just did a quick check, all releases at the moment are build 21. So steam and desura are the same, and you can opt in for the latest releases should you choose to do so.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:36:16 pm by chaoticag »

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 15, 2014, 05:32:59 pm »

The multiplayer is out, sorta. It's still really beta and everything, but it works.

More information on their site: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5577-multiplayer-open-test-details-inside

Haven't tested it out yet. Probably gonna look for some public server and play with some random people until my cousin decides to appear so we can play together  :P 
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2014, 11:23:13 am »

Whoa, wicked! :D
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39