Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: Zomboid  (Read 73339 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zomboid
« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2014, 10:19:58 am »

Build 25 is out now if anyone missed it. It merges multiplayer and singleplayer and it adds a ton of server options and the like to make admining a server possible. There is also now a way to soft reset the server (resets loot, zombies, power/water, etc but leaves map changes such as fire damage and carpentry alone).

To access it go to the steam beta tab under the game properties and in the box to unlock betas type in "iaccepttheconsequences" and it will unlock a build called "iwillbackupmysave".

Here is more info from the forum:
How to start a server
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5795-how-to-run-a-server/

How to admin a server
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5813-how-to-administrate-a-server-once-build-25-is-out/

Details on the new safety (PvP) system for everyone:
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6011-the-safety-system-once-build-25-is-out/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:33:45 am by dennislp3 »

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 10, 2014, 03:30:09 pm »

Anyone planning on setting up a server for Bay12 to play on? It could be amusing for a bunch of people to start building a complex fort in the middle of town just because we can.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 10, 2014, 06:41:16 pm »

I have a small server set up for just my friends...sadly my internet is garbage and I am gonna limit it to about 8 people...pretty much already full

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 10, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »

Anyone planning on setting up a server for Bay12 to play on? It could be amusing for a bunch of people to start building a complex fort in the middle of town just because we can.

I would do it because I have a spare laptop, but portforwarding confuses me. D:
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2014, 03:19:47 pm »

its actually super easy...obviously different for every router...but despite any screenshots or anything its broken down into these basic steps:

1. Access your router...usually with a default IP
2. go to the firewall settings or other specific port forwarding settings
3. set a port range to be open

thats...really it...

Its one of those things that can seem and look more confusing and scary than it actually is.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 24, 2014, 12:11:23 pm »

Does the split screen multiplayer still work?  Ive been trying for last 30 mins to get it to work with an xbox controller but all it gives me is control of 1 player and no 2nd player appears.

Or is it possible to use 1 acct to have a 2 player lan game or does it even need a login to work?  I bought it through Steam and theres no login or password required to play SP.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2015, 01:16:39 am »

so a bit of a necro.

me and the guys have started up a zomboid server if anyone is interested in joining us. 

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149414.0

pm ruskin, me or sensei for the ip.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:34:29 am by choppy »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2015, 01:02:50 pm »

So, I picked this up... well during one of the last sales.  Not sure how long its been sitting, but recently booted it up. 
MP is entertaining enough, I've played on some of the PvE servers.  PvP just doesn't interest me at all.

What I want is this promised NPC stuff.  Like how Zombie Survivor Z(or whatever it was called) had NPC survivors.

Also, guns are fun and I literally cannot hit the broadside of a barn.  Takes a few boxes to even gain 1 level on a 3x server.

Any similar games with NPC?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 10, 2015, 09:19:24 am »

So, I picked this up... well during one of the last sales.  Not sure how long its been sitting, but recently booted it up. 
MP is entertaining enough, I've played on some of the PvE servers.  PvP just doesn't interest me at all.

What I want is this promised NPC stuff.  Like how Zombie Survivor Z(or whatever it was called) had NPC survivors.

Also, guns are fun and I literally cannot hit the broadside of a barn.  Takes a few boxes to even gain 1 level on a 3x server.

Any similar games with NPC?

Dead State. Cataclysm: Dark days a head.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 10, 2015, 01:07:33 pm »

Aren't DDA survivors basically sticks in the mud?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 16, 2018, 05:41:17 am »

Arise! Fitting, given the subject matter. :-)

Project Zomboid released a huge new update a few weeks ago which added vehicles. This led to a resurgence in popularity that hit 3,500 players in one day, which is the most its seen in the 4+ years its been on Steam. Info on the update is here:

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2018/05/build-39-vehicles-released/

I have been playing for 2 hours per day since the vehicles patch came out. I had a 2 year break from Zomboid but glad to be back. :-)

I am running a public server with a bit of a twist. I call it “Zomboid Evolution”. It runs for 4 real weeks, and every real week the zombies evolve to increase the challenge for the survivors. For example, in 48 real hours (at the end of real week one) the zombies start to “roam” and get longer memories and expand outside of the towns. A real week later and their senses improve, and finally a real week after that their intelligence increases and for example some random zombies will be able to open doors.

I had 30 players join in the first 3 days. This first cycle is the beta and ends on 06 July. Beta means I have been tweaking some things (zombie population increase, firearm spawn rates, etc) as I get data on player behavior. The first “real” session runs all of August (after I am off for a bit in July).

Join if you are curious:

IP: 108.61.235.122
Port: 56261
(No password)
West Coast, US
32 players

More info about the game type:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pzservers/comments/8qfm2b/247_evolution_beta_zombies_evolve_every_week_ends/

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2018, 11:44:11 am »

I might have to give it a go. I bought zomboid on Desura but never really played much. I would just boot it up every couple of years to see what's new.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 17, 2018, 06:16:30 am »

I used to play a bit, or rather, I used to mess around and try to learn the ins and outs of the game for a short while before inevitably dying due to not having memorized the map and spawns.

I think there was a recent (which in PZ terms is measured in years) update that nerfed the ability to quirk your character to have adrenaline rush and every single phobia, so they moved really fast but were in a state of constant, utter panic while running around and slaughtering zeds with an arsenal of butter knives.

Those were the good days.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2018, 02:12:00 pm »

Where is no DF-RP server?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2018, 02:52:08 pm »

I've always felt like PZ was missing something that would really engage me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. All my friends feel the same way, there's just a piece of the puzzle that the game hasn't found yet, and I don't think it was vehicles.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39