Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: Zomboid  (Read 73335 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Zomboid
« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2018, 03:25:23 pm »

I've always felt like PZ was missing something that would really engage me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. All my friends feel the same way, there's just a piece of the puzzle that the game hasn't found yet, and I don't think it was vehicles.

Pure survival tends to be somewhat unfulfilling. There's really no endgame or narrative to drive towards.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 18, 2018, 08:13:43 am »

Bay12 is welcome to use this server:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pzservers/comments/8qfm2b/247_evolution_beta_zombies_evolve_every_week_ends/

One of my goals for the 4 week game cycle is to create an endgame. It gives people something to work towards. So far it’s working, 2 groups have joined up and created a huge defensive wall around their neighboring homes.

The zombies just evolved for the first time. They are starting to spread out into the farms and wilderness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 18, 2018, 08:18:48 am »

I've always felt like PZ was missing something that would really engage me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. All my friends feel the same way, there's just a piece of the puzzle that the game hasn't found yet, and I don't think it was vehicles.

Pure survival tends to be somewhat unfulfilling. There's really no endgame or narrative to drive towards.

I think the menu UI and generally arcane nature of skills, crafting and doing anything also contribute.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 18, 2018, 04:24:19 pm »

I got the game and after playing vanilla for some time I started playing around hydrocraft, super survivors, and some other stuff. While I like the crafting options Hydrocraft adds, It's just a goddamn pain to figure it out since it adds so much shit.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:03:01 pm by Altivera »

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 19, 2018, 09:37:35 am »

I don’t like Hydrocraft - too much bloat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2018, 10:28:51 am »

Hydrocraft is one of the main reasons I kept playing zomboid, without it the game just feels empty. Also zomboid is what I play when I want to play cataclysm with graphics, and usually after a bit of zomboid I start noticing the lack of features and go back to cataclysm.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 21, 2018, 04:44:40 am »

Also zomboid is what I play when I want to play cataclysm with graphics people

:-)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 21, 2018, 07:51:00 am »

What's multiplayer generally like playstyle-wise for PZ servers? I've owned the game since 2011, but only poked in every now and then to see how updates are going. Enjoying the new cars!

It'd be interesting to take a look at the MP, but I'd be worried I'd log in and get smashed by veteran players within minutes.

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 21, 2018, 09:10:23 am »

I run a public server with full PvP enabled. 60 players have joined in 10 days, and 15-20 play daily.

So far we had 0 PvP deaths.

In general, in games with strong PvE content, players tends to band together cooperatively. Zomboid is a small community, this isn’t Rust or even DayZ.

Zomboid is a lot of fun MP with 2-3 friends or companions. It can be a lonely game, and teaming up exploring, driving, looting, building or killing zombies is fun.

Jump on the server if you want to try it, details above.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 22, 2018, 06:44:53 pm »

Starting to get bored with this game. Even with the mods I have most of the time was spent looking for the necessary tools to build, and then I had to grind out carpentry so I could start expansion of my base. Also I'm reading the steam reviews and I see a ton of negative reviews mentioning the game being's slow progress along with some about the gamedev's general professionalism.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2018, 06:38:27 am »

I haven't seen any bad stuff from the devs, but I do agree that the games development progress is slow as hell.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 25, 2018, 05:05:47 am »

the gamedev's general professionalism.

The development team posts weekly updates, keep a public list of the features in development, and follows up with large content patches with lengthy patch notes. Examples of all three:

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2018/06/zedlights/

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2017/02/buildstatus/

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23982-released-39675/

They feel professional to me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 25, 2018, 09:37:04 am »

If I recall, they had a bunch of issues early on. But they seem to have gotten their act together, and I haven't heard anything negative about them in quite some time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 26, 2018, 02:12:13 am »

Well, aside from the usual "why has this taken so long" and "why are you putting everything into working on (vehicles) when there's a serious problem with (UI/zed AI/durability/construction/other) that's more relevant and immediate to the players at large". But that second point is really fairly closely tied to the first one.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:12 am »

I'm liking the vehicles so far! Definitely missing the NPCs though. Seems a bit empty without them.

What do you folks think about the super survivor mod? Too dumb to use often?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39