Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: Zomboid  (Read 73342 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: Zomboid
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2018, 04:35:35 pm »

I can't think of a game that's less fun in the early game. It's not just hard, it's obtuse and if you find tools (the gateway to the rest of the game) is entirely to chance. Maybe it gets better later, but every time I think of it and try it again, I get disappointed.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 07, 2018, 01:51:11 pm »

I'm hooked.

Started off in a tiny house. Secured the area, scavenged the surrounding tiny houses, then found a car with gas and a key and took off. Fucked around in a school for a while marveling at all of the loot. Got lost.

Ended up taking over a two-story brick house. It turned out to only be three houses from my original but it's better so I live here now. Grind up carpentry to door level, find a survival axe and saw, and set about fortifying this new safehouse.

Explore a bit more. In quick succession I locate a firehouse with loads of loot (I may be changing my home base again...) and a police station. There's an evidence room. I've got a hammer but I lack a screwdriver.

Go on a merry adventure and finally find one in a truck's glove compartment. Head back. Turns out you can't deconstruct locked doors. Well shit.

Head out into the hallway. The absolute first zombie I check has the key. Swat equipment, more guns and ammo than I can carry, and loads of other crap. I had to quit the game so I can process my next move. The police station is only one floor and has loads of nooks and crannies to be ambushed from so I've got to hoof all of this stuff to one of my other spots.

The best part, everything is within a few blocks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 07, 2018, 02:34:28 pm »

Sounds like a different experience than the last time I played (which admittedly was 4 years ago.) I remember going days and days scavenging for meager scraps and only slow fortifying a house. Eventually I'd get a horde during the night that'd force me to flee. Maybe I'd get a new house, maybe I'd circle back around to the old one once the horde had moved on. I've always liked Zomboid but I felt it was less a zombie survival simulator and more a depression/boredom/despair simulator at times. You using any mods Mephisto?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 07, 2018, 03:02:26 pm »

I'm using Hydrocraft, which apparently adds a bunch of stuff.

I also upped loot amounts in my game config.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]