Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: Zomboid  (Read 72840 times)

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zomboid
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2014, 11:27:05 am »

Not the kind of game I come to for multiplayer. No problem with it per say, as long as it does absolutely nothing to delay or harm single player in the slightest.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:12 pm »

Not the kind of game I come to for multiplayer. No problem with it per say, as long as it does absolutely nothing to delay or harm single player in the slightest.

Lemmy, the Dev, posted a bit about this particular issue:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4962-comment-i-made-on-mathas-latest-video/

tldr: multiplayer beating NPCs (and subsequent dialogue, single player focus etc.) in to implementation is a bit of a surprise. Ultimately focus on development goals has not changed one bit from attempting to achieve a deep and immersive single player experience.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 17, 2014, 02:19:11 pm »

I know it has been a reaally long time, but does anyone know if there's a way to get it on Steam if you bought it when it was only on Desura ?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 17, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »

I know it has been a reaally long time, but does anyone know if there's a way to get it on Steam if you bought it when it was only on Desura ?
http://www.desura.com/collection sign in to this location on desura. Once done find Zomboid in the list and go to the keys section, you should be able to generate a steam key from there.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 17, 2014, 02:51:38 pm »

Thanks ! I activated Kenshi that I completely forgot about too.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:14 pm »

No problem, that site is a bitch to find from the desura homepage, drove me nuts till i did a google search page.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #531 on: February 18, 2014, 07:19:03 pm »

Beta in an alpha game? Whatever. Multiplayer's just gone into Beta. I'm busy with another game that was released today, but just in case anyone was interested, it's there.

For those unfamiliar with signing up for Beta releases in Steam, just right click on the game, go to properties, and click on the "Betas" tab. There's a drop down that'll allow you to choose different Betas.

Oddly, Project Zomboid has two right now, one that's labeled "Beta" and the other "onlinetest". I'm not sure which one will get you the multiplayer.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 18, 2014, 07:21:51 pm »

Beta in an alpha game? Whatever. Multiplayer's just gone into Beta. I'm busy with another game that was released today, but just in case anyone was interested, it's there.

For those unfamiliar with signing up for Beta releases in Steam, just right click on the game, go to properties, and click on the "Betas" tab. There's a drop down that'll allow you to choose different Betas.

Oddly, Project Zomboid has two right now, one that's labeled "Beta" and the other "onlinetest". I'm not sure which one will get you the multiplayer.

I dunno, considering where PZ started....I'd consider it at a Beta level completion (acknowledging that the distinction is ultimately arbitrary.)

But yeah. Versioning inception is confusing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 18, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »

I believe that the online game was messing stuff up in single-player, so they decided to split it into a seperate, multiplayer-only branch until they can fix that stuff up. It's like a Beta within a Beta!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2014, 07:55:38 am »

"onlinetest" is the one that gets you multiplayer.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 21, 2014, 05:27:00 pm »

So the multiplayer beta is on steam (you have to select the new onlinetest beta branch to play it). Any b12ers interested in trying it out?

edit: So far it hasn't been a terribly fun experience. I imagine finding the right server would help. The servers I tried were pretty well picked over already.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:41:59 pm by Wiles »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 21, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »

edit: So far it hasn't been a terribly fun experience. I imagine finding the right server would help. The servers I tried were pretty well picked over already.

I feel like this is more the kind of game that you turn on for an afternoon (or extended time) with friends than a game you play on a long-time persistent server online with. Just the whole non-renewable resources thing will make it hard to jump in anywhere.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 21, 2014, 07:11:14 pm »

I feel like this is more the kind of game that you turn on for an afternoon (or extended time) with friends than a game you play on a long-time persistent server online with. Just the whole non-renewable resources thing will make it hard to jump in anywhere.

You can configure how fast a lot of resources fall off though, and now that base construction is in, you have a few reasons to keep playing in the same world.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 21, 2014, 07:44:00 pm »

Do mods work with multiplayer?  There's a way to increase item drops from zombies, and seeing as how zombie populations are almost infinite, an online world can be kept going pretty easily.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 22, 2014, 01:55:37 am »

I think modding kinda sorta works from what I hear, just it's not supported. As far as zombie drops, this may have been due to my middle-east to US connection, but all zombies did for me was drop phantom items that disappear when picked.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39