Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Tarrasque Challenge  (Read 10115 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Tarrasque Challenge
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 11:31:08 am »

wait can't a swift pit to hell would kill it if not the horde of demons will.
so I wonder if Slade is enough to kill them?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 11:36:22 am »

I got me a 32x32 sprite for Stonesense :D
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 11:49:35 am »

i once had a fort made on top of a cave with one of these in it

almost killed me but i used it to get rid of unwanted "guests"
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 02:15:53 pm »

I am incredibly new to modding, and I want to tweak this thing. How can I make it even stronger and appear more often? Is there a way to make it even more damage resistant?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

This here

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL]
      [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:10]

Helps a lot.

I did that and a few other modifications, and now the only thing thats managed to kill one is a bunch of bronze colossi wealing adamantine weapons.

Everything else just dinged off. I pelted it with a few thousand adamentine arrows in arena mode and all it has was some arrows in its eyes.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »

Unfortunately, every creature in the game can be dropped in a bottomless pit, crushed under a natural ceiling, sealed in obsidian, or sealed in ice. But this is still an epic beasty to contend with!

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 09:18:00 pm »

I think the beast is pretty balanced as is. It'll give you a good fight that'll require your whole army, for sure... without being so unstoppable it forces you to abandon.
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2011, 09:42:52 pm »

I don't expect pitting it into hell would actually kill the beasty... it's just nigh impossible for it to crawl it's way back out.

I would imagine that teleporting a Terrasque to the Abyss in DnD would have a similar effect.  Sure he's still alive, but he ain't smart enough to find his way back through the portals.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2011, 11:54:32 pm »

The last thing you want to do is taint the Tarrasque with the Abyss.

Reminds me... we should call that layer under the magma sea that. Fits more than the current name. =P

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 01:07:40 am »

This here

Helps a lot.

I did that and a few other modifications, and now the only thing thats managed to kill one is a bunch of bronze colossi wealing adamantine weapons.

Everything else just dinged off. I pelted it with a few thousand adamentine arrows in arena mode and all it has was some arrows in its eyes.

Glorious. Now, how do I make this thing actually show up?

EDIT: How much should I actualy increase that tag by? I want this this to be nearly invincible and take something along the lines of a full squad of adamantine clad dwarves going at it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:16 am »

Wait so it can take fall damage? then I guess if I lure it over a 3 zlevel pit and hold(carryex code) him/her above it will make short work with the additional bronze colossus kicks to the face.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 12:54:30 am »

This here

Helps a lot.

Glorious. Now, how do I make this thing actually show up?

EDIT: How much should I actualy increase that tag by? I want this this to be nearly invincible and take something along the lines of a full squad of adamantine clad dwarves going at it.

Right now it can take about 5 adamantine dwarves to kill him. I guess tripling the layer should take that to 10-15 dwarves. Its real vulnerability, however, comes from marksdwarf - the only way to kill it is by making it bleed with bolts.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 01:50:05 am »

Marksdwarves and other relatively low damage weapons is what that defends against most actualy. Instead of suffering tons of tiny wounds which stack blood loss, all the realy small stuff just dings of it.

Safe for the eye-shots I mentioned earlier that is.

The last 'expiriment' I did was to reduce the scale thickness to 2, and make the skulls thickness 2 as well. That seems to give it a nice variation of death causes.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 04:22:39 pm »

The last thing you want to do is taint the Tarrasque with the Abyss.

Reminds me... we should call that layer under the magma sea that. Fits more than the current name. =P

Fiendish dire tarrasque. Becomes chaotic evil and gets a few more Intelligence points. Oh, and cold, electricity, poison resistance as well. And smite good.

All what it needs really.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]