Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705430 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1620 on: August 31, 2011, 04:28:16 am »

Age of Conflict

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills/Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: System (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

How's this for starters? May take some tests to the testing thread to get it figured out...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:22:09 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 31, 2011, 04:38:36 am »

Looks... decently solid, really. If you're accepting reserves, I may be interested if you PROMISE not to let this one slow down to horrible speeds and start dying before, say, turn 10.

Also, ZAPHAIN. Just saying.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 31, 2011, 04:43:21 am »

>.> I keep getting distracted. I'll get to Zaphain... soon. Promise D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 31, 2011, 04:49:51 am »

Could I say that I am interested (and if you are accepting reservations I'd like to be a human)? It looks interesting. A quick question - are the PCs part of a group? Do you have sort of a beginning story?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:46:05 am by lawastooshort »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 31, 2011, 04:55:24 am »

>.> I keep getting distracted. I'll get to Zaphain... soon. Promise D:
Tip: The more you delay, the worse your urge to not do it becomes (as silly as that might seem). Eventually, you'll HAVE to update it or risk not only loosing interest yourself, but having players loose interest.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 31, 2011, 05:14:21 am »

Aye, I'll probably update after school tomorrow.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 31, 2011, 05:41:22 am »

I think that you're idea looks solid Tal, if you are accepting pre ins, I will book in as either an angel or werewolf
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 31, 2011, 06:13:55 am »

I am accepting reservations (As always <.<) And yes, I was thinking of having the PCs be part of a group. Speaking of, you have a few choices for what you can do.

The most versatile, and easiest for me is to be from the United Nations Anti-Supernatural Corps. They are not as... hostile... as the name suggests, more like a Supernatural Militant Police. They deal with the hostile threats that normal military aren't trained to fight.

Another option is to belong to a crime syndicate. Harder for me to write, a tad less versatile, yet more interesting (Depending on how you look at it.)

There are a few other options, but they are much more limiting than those two, so I won't propose them.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 31, 2011, 06:24:57 am »

There are a few other options, but they are much more limiting than those two, so I won't propose them.

Awesome. Well, I'd like a reservation please. And - I quite like the first idea. For a crime syndicate, I think it would be a little harder and could maybe be more interesting to do. But say if, for example, I had been planning on a human PC with mostly exorcism as his supernatural power, I'm not sure how that would fit in. That's to say I can see how it would be easier to fit characters in with the first idea.

Hmm, to conclude, I don't think I would have a strong preference either way, they both sound interesting given the background.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:46 am »

I'd like to reserve a table for two spot as a ghost, if you don't mind. By the way, are they just manifestations of mana without any past of having been human in this universe? Also, I love their weaksauce weakness - torchlights! ;D
Love, scriver~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:36 am »

I'd like to reserve a table for two spot as a ghost, if you don't mind. By the way, are they just manifestations of mana without any past of having been human in this universe? Also, I love their weaksauce weakness - torchlights! ;D

No, it's human consciousness made into a mass of mana. Natural occurences are 'Mana convergences', where Mana flows into one spot... it has a higher likelyhood of occuring when a being that can store mana (Any living being) dies, thus, Ghosts. Also, the weakness is intense light. Sunlight and Torches don't count; An intense light would be a condensed ray of light, or some such. High power floodlights would also do the job pretty good. It doesnt actually kill them, but it weakens them and disperses their bodies, staying too much in intense light would scatter them and break the convergence bonds.

What more do you need?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:43 am »

Ah, then I understand. Well, at least I won't have to play a ghost with the mind of a child without any life experience. Also, that makes their weaksauce weakness even saucier: laser pointers!

"Oh no, the bad man is shining a small, red dot on me! I am melting! MEEEELTIIING!"

Ehrm... I'll just go over here now..
Love, scriver~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 31, 2011, 07:26:41 am »

Laser pointer wouldn't do much, because of how small it is. Just sayin.

What more do you need?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: August 31, 2011, 07:38:36 am »

Well then.. laser.. cannons?
Love, scriver~

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: August 31, 2011, 08:24:15 am »

Okay well, I believe that I have the mechanics figured out. Time to test! I'll be taking it to the testing thread, just a heads up if any of you players-to-be want to help me.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 661