Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705466 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1665 on: September 23, 2011, 08:38:17 pm »

Squire, page, wanderer/vagabond, student, really, it depends on what kind of classes you want and what purpose they will serve.
I like the student one very much I might make one of its archtypes one of the only classes that can right Spellbooks, Scrolls, and Tomes. Thanks for all of the ideas guys these will greatly expand the available starting classes, archtypes, and specialty classes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 24, 2011, 08:00:34 am »

Well here are the current starting Classes some of them have descriptions, but others don't, but they will soon, so just ignore that.

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Added the other three starting classes since I decided to limit the starting classes a bit (I think I removed three, or so from the starting number), and I am now working on  the Titles, and Rank Systems a bit which will soon be done after I add 10-20 Titles, and work out some kinks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:26:59 am by adwarf »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 24, 2011, 10:36:10 am »

I'm testing a revised version of "For Science!" in the RTD testing thread. So, some players would be nice. Main thing I've done is changed to the d8 system.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 24, 2011, 03:50:47 pm »

Finished all the attributes, and added point gain formulas to make stat calculations, bonuses, and penalties much easier. Here they are.

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:56 pm »

Man, depression week is starting...

I feel so bad for letting my dragon game die.  :'(

I'm trying to get OoTK on track-2 weeks dead at this point-, but my brain is jelly. I literally can't write anything anymore. Anybody got any tips for trying to bring your games back to life?

If anyone wants a post mortem, it's because Adwarf ran off the rails and IMO, I'm not nearly creative or smart enough to run a game with freeforming actions over plot. It literally drained my will to update. But, it was a good first try...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 25, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »

I'm trying to get OoTK on track-2 weeks dead at this point-, but my brain is jelly. I literally can't write anything anymore. Anybody got any tips for trying to bring your games back to life?

If anyone wants a post mortem, it's because Adwarf ran off the rails and IMO, I'm not nearly creative or smart enough to run a game with freeforming actions over plot. It literally drained my will to update. But, it was a good first try...
Sorry if I caused you trouble you could kill me off if it will make your job of updating easier as I don't want you to have trouble of any sort, because of me.

EDIT: I will even type up my own death scene if it would make it easier.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:29:23 pm by adwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:24 pm »

Nah, if I can't keep up I won't punish you for it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 25, 2011, 07:39:07 pm »

The important thing to remember is that we don't hate you for it. I'm sure we've all let a game die before.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 25, 2011, 07:40:37 pm »

Nah, if I can't keep up I won't punish you for it.
Personally I figured I would have died when I went to anger that thing in the tombs, and wasn't expecting to live past that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 25, 2011, 08:25:31 pm »

Well, at least you tried, and it was very good while it lasted.

Just do it anyway. It probably won't be as bad or hard as you think, and the only way to get your momentum back is to wade through it.

Remember, tumbling down a hill is still moving forward. :P

In vaguely related news, I'm considering a new RTD. The players are villains, starting off as high-ranking minions of a fairly passive evil overlord, meaning it's mainly just them running around trying to achieve vague goals however they please, in addition hatching their own plots and schemes. They're also in the overlord's employ because it suits them, so if they want to switch teams or go freelance that wouldn't affect much.

The world would mainly be fantasy, but it'd be pretty inconsistent in terms of theme, so there might be comical goomba-like critters in one part of the world (or under one player's command) and mindraping nightmares in/under another. I'm still not sure entirely how that would work, but the default response is to shrug and toss it in.

Players would have skills, which might extend into racial supernatural abilities as well. Skills would either add a bonus to rolls (with more difficult/powerful actions applying a penalty) or just serve as a point of reference, so a powerful wizard's [5] would be different from a novice's. Every time a player rolls a 5 or 6, they get a point of experience in that skill, with higher levels presumably taking longer to level up. Skills could also be combined for hybrid effects, though I'm still pondering how exactly that would work.

Players would also have the ability to gain minions, which would mostly be abstracted out. Minions could be useful both for combat, where they might serve as anything from a damage sponge to disablers, and in noncombat situations where they'd mostly just provide bonuses to rolls or make certain things possible. They could potentially also have offscreen use as well.

Finally, ideally I'd like to shuffle through the waiting list with at least a bit of speed, so I'd like a method of kicking players out while still letting them keep their progress on re-entry. Presumably this would either mean that it's relatively easy to be "defeated" and have to pull out, letting someone else in and then returning later, or maybe whoever did "worst" the last X turns gets the boot with similar effects.

Feedback or suggestions are welcome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 25, 2011, 09:09:18 pm »

You could send them to the big house. After all, they're evil people, and they ALWAYS break out of jail eventually to resume their plans.

Clarification Edit:
whoever did "worst" the last X turns gets the boot with similar effects.
With this, you could always say the law/superhero/secret organization is tracking the players and whoever does the worst gets caught, sort of deal.

@Dwarmin Edit: Irony is correct about OotK. :3 Regardless, I like your style so if you came up with something else I would take a shot at it. ^^^
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:30:16 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 25, 2011, 09:25:11 pm »

Sounds good. I approve the mention of jail.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 26, 2011, 09:39:59 pm »

Someone should make a Minecraft RTD. It should be short and simple. The goal would be to survive for as long as possible...During the day, players can collect resources and build defenses. At night, waves of monsters try and destroy them. 5 turns day, 5 turns night. At day, all current monsters die.

Simple classes such as Miners, Hunters, Warriors, Rangers or Tamers. Every class can build, and specific classes get a +1 to whatever their task is. Warriors get +1 to melee weapons, Rangers +1 to bows/traps, Tamers get +1 to taming Wolves/making Snow Golems, Hunters get a +1 at gathering food, and...Miners get...a +1 to mining resources. There would be only a few resources:

Walls:

Dirt (Very Weak)
Wood (Weak)
Cobblestone (Average)
Bricked Stone* (Strong)
* whatever it's called. Made from Stone, 4 pieces of Stone = 1x Bricked Stone.

Resources: Weapons

Wood: (Very Weak)
Stone (Average)
Iron (Strong)
Arrows (Weak)

Resources: ETC

Porkchops (Healing, average)
Bones (For taming wolves)
Snow balls (For creating Snow Golems)
Flint (For making arrows)
Sticks (For arrows, made from Wood)
Iron Ore (Found in stone, for Iron Weapons)

Miners would be vital, at least one in a six player game. Players could gather Dirt/Wood/Stone, with varying times each. A small 10% chance or so when gathering Stone will result in a piece of Iron, allowing an Iron weapon to be made. Blah blah blah, etc etc etc. Every night there's more and more monsters. An average team would be this:

2 Miners
2 Warriors
1 Hunter
1 Tamer

Wolves and Snow Golems would be vital. Wolves can damage enemies, but they die quickly. Snow Golems can't hurt enemies, but are very good at distracting them.

Anybody willing to make? :P

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 26, 2011, 09:45:44 pm »

Already done, didn't work. Its alot easier to make an RTD last a long time if you have a story, and not just one simple goal.

On another note, I want to run an RTD. Anyone have any ideas for one they'd like to see? I might actually pick up that Bard RTD idea thrown around awhile ago.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 26, 2011, 09:49:07 pm »

Really? I ran a search and a google search, found no threads to do with minecraft. I did find some for Terraria though...

So bored :/.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 661