Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705458 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1680 on: September 26, 2011, 09:50:06 pm »

Thumbs up for the Bard idea. I liked that idea...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: September 26, 2011, 10:05:54 pm »

Really? I ran a search and a google search, found no threads to do with minecraft.
Pretty darn sure we had one.

Ah. Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86257.msg2334638#msg2334638
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: September 26, 2011, 10:10:01 pm »

I was watching futurama when I suddenly I had an idea!

A Futurama RTD!

Just think it over, I could dream up a system when I have more time but right now I'm just reveling in the concept...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: September 26, 2011, 10:10:50 pm »

Oh god that'll be hilarious :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »

From anyone but Draignean, I would have thought that was silly. But now, I can imagine how awesome it would be with Draignean's story writing skills.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »

There could be possibilities with an RTD centered in the Iji setting...

Scavaging and combining weapons and such. Aliens. Nanotechnology!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:35 pm »

From anyone but Draignean, I would have thought that was silly. But now, I can imagine how awesome it would be with Draignean's story writing skills.

Er, I wouldn't be writing it (98% likely). I've already got two RTDs and one of them has turn apnea. I'm honored by your vote of confidence though.  :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 27, 2011, 02:55:32 am »

So bored :/.
GMing something can fix that in a hurry. :3

Yeah, I didn't think that would end well, 'til I noticed it was Draignean saying it. A shame he's so busy elsewhere.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:12 am »

I've been working on an idea for when my work simulation RTD explodes. The working title is Roll to Guest Musician. This is part of my test.

Turn Two
At Wednesday rehearsals, the project get working on a new song for their next show, which they working title Vengeance Tyrannosaur. It’s an artistically stormy session.

Johnny suggests trying to work in his visionary house-dirge guitar solo, but the rest of the group just hate it, believing it to be a showy and ultimately capitalistic groin thrust of over-indulgence [1]. They have a violent argument which ends with Johnny thrown out and storming away in a huff muttering to himself about artistic integrity…

But Professor Crack’s idea is considered to be one of the greatest contributions to English folk since the war [6], and her initial Throat Warbling melody is turned into a fifteen minute solo and a centerpiece of the new tune. Hopefully there’ll be room for two fifteen minute solos, because EagleEyes’s accordion is a massive hit with the Accidental Toilet boys [6] – Ellery in particular is a hardcore accordionist, and can’t get enough of the dual accordion action.

The resulting tune is magnificent, a cutting-edge yet retro Elk-core blending of Nordic accordion-metal and throat-folk, driven onwards by a thumping dual accordionic bassline climaxing in an Accordion-scream style funk-out that bleeds into the focal point of the song: a fifteen minute Throat Warbling meditation on the meaning of loss.

Vengeance Tyrannosaur is born.

Spoiler: The lyrics (excerpt) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:07:52 pm by lawastooshort »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: September 29, 2011, 10:14:17 am »

Anyone want a Mechwarrior RTD?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: September 29, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

Yes, but one of the joys of Mechwarrior is customization, which requires complexity, which I believe we've established has a tendency to kill RTDs.

So just, you know, be careful.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:46 am »

Yes, but one of the joys of Mechwarrior is customization, which requires complexity, which I believe we've established has a tendency to kill RTDs.

So just, you know, be careful.
I know :P
I'm probably just going to be accepting any TRO variants (must link to sarna.net wiki :P) and some demi-random lore-like stuff... yeah... :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: September 30, 2011, 12:11:36 pm »

I figure I'll eventually start another RTD.

With like, four players this time heh. My first lesson as GM was learning to keep my workload down.

Ideas, Ideas...I just finished playing "Anchorhead", the IF game.

Cthulhu Mythos RTD seems like a logical next step! {Shotgun applied to Elder Abomination-no damage, roll for your sanity!}

Now to brainstorm how to actually make it something people want to play! I figure that's my problem-I like *writing* my games much more than doing all the rolling. lol

My greatest idea so far is to mash it together with my old Supernatural Hunterish RTD idea and make it sort of like a simpified X-COM.

You know, missions and team play and strategy such. No need to call spots now, just express interest and give help. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: September 30, 2011, 02:19:55 pm »

Just four players is such an awesome idea.

Roll to be a Gaul (Asterix RTD)?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 01, 2011, 09:07:21 am »

Roll to be a Gaul? I, sir, am interest. Asterix and Obelix are awesome ^^
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 661