Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705363 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Nope.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

Hi guys- I've had this idea for a PvP RTD for awhile and I'm not too terribly sure whether I should give it more thought or just roll with it.

I'll just leave this here >_>

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Thought of this a few minutes ago:

Roll to Catch 'em All

That's right.  You heard me.

A Pokemon RTD.

If it was me running it, I would make it hardcore Pokemon (Pokemon death, more than 4 moves, etc.).  I believe this is would be a good way to make it work:

Travel: When travelling on routes, you state your method of passage (skip most battles, battle a lot), and then I would roll a dice (I don't know what it would be, probably a d10) to see how many trainer battles you would go into.  A d6 would determine the level of difficulty for these random battles.  I assume that all tall grass is skipped.

If you wish to enter tall grass, I would first check the type of Pokemon that appear in that route, then roll a selection of die that compose the weighted percentage of Pokemon in the tall grass.

Caves and similar structures: A d20 is rolled to see how many Zubats (or the other intrusive Pokemon for that area) you will encounter.  Repel (depending on strength of the repel) reduces this. A d6 will determine how many unique creatures there will be other than Zubats you encounter.  The weighted die rolling for the tall grass above will be used to see which one.  Another d10 will be rolled to examine trainer battles.  As a side note, every Zubat you encounter in a cave reduces HP by one, unless you desire to actually fight them or something.

Combat: First, a percentage die will be rolled.  Based on the to hit, and other factors, this will determine if the strike hits or not.  Then a d16 (a d10 and a d6) will be rolled for crit chance (16 = crit), unless there is a modifier in place.  Then, will come the actual damage.  For now, the original Pokemon damage system will be used, Damage=(((2 x Level+10)/250) x (attack/defense) x Base + 2) x Modifier.  It looks complicated in the format I present it in, but's not really too difficult, just plug and chug.  The Modifier at the end is Modifier=STAB x Type x Crit x other x (random number between .85 and 100).

Capturing would be a simple d6.  The rest of the game would be based off of general RTD format.

The customization and other stuff would be taken care of by the Creativity of the GM.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #5013 on: August 05, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »

We already have a unified system. It's just the basic D6.

What you're all doing is extending it. There's no need to really make a standard when there already is one and people just modify it anyway to suit their needs.

5k get
This is a surprisingly insightful, high-quality 5000th post. I approve.

Indeedy, I was expecting it to be more of an "I got teh post lolzors" than a meaningful contribution to the discussion. Bravo, derm.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

To be fair, I did both.  ;D
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

So, I accidentally started this here.

I am waiting for two more sign-ups, and three of the five pre-ins, then I can get started.

So, I am thinking about Roll to Priest again - so much so that I would have started it tonight if I hadn't spent the time updating Magnificent Timelord instead.

Inspired by the re-occurrence of the anonymous deathmatch, I thought I would start it with an anonymous priestmatch, and THEN whittle the numbers down to 4 using an initial non-anonymous team priest-off where the priests, in three teams, have to complete an identical task in three different villages, and the losers go onto the waitlist.

I think I even have a storyline, which mostly abandons my previous episode idea, which, unfortunately, I can't remember enough about, four month later...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

I just realised Derm got 5k on the fifth. Which probably means nothing so I'll be productive and brain fart.

I think what might be a good idea is something that keeps the players shuffling-MKGP does this every twelve turns with a new race, Roulette with new missions etc. Basically, trying to avoid building up the characters too much to the point that death is a major problem. I think there was that one RTD-Roll to Destroy the Moon?-Which kept pumping in new characters into problems caused by old characters, keeping things fresh and interesting. I'd like to see more of that.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile

How does this RTD sound?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Quote from: #Bay12rtd
Blame Skyrunner :P

SKYRUNNER I BLAME YOU
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Quote from: #Bay12rtd
Blame Skyrunner :P
SKYRUNNER I BLAME YOU
No no, the Pokémon RTD hasn't been made yet.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I'm going to finally start my Ferragan RTD that I talked about a while ago now. Kinda forgot about it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #5021 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:36 pm »

(As mentioned before, I had some plans for an X-COM forum game. (That's right, no RTD, but the Forum games equivalent of roller's block didn't work out so I'm posting the idea here.)

Players are divided in two teams of three people each. One side plays as the aliens, the other side as secret organisations who have studied alien incursions for years. The exploratory time however, is over, and the invasion is about to start.
Spoiler: Earth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turn order (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bases and buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tech tree (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Market (click to show/hide)
Things are coming along nicely except for numbers and the tech tree.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[19:43] * Remalle murders ExKirby and hides the body
[19:43] == lawastooshort [5b7d0c4d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.91.125.12.77] has joined #bay12rtd
[19:43] <@Remalle> NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I'm going to finally start my Ferragan RTD that I talked about a while ago now. Kinda forgot about it.

What was that?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I've decided to do something so totally pointless and random it is silly. Specifically, a live Team Deathmatch with many predicted deaths and respawns. This is a good(?) idea.

https://app.roll20.net/join/29167/1sSucw
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 661