Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 678213 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 01:51:20 pm »

all of us.
well darn, just put it in regular font.

here is mine:
Code: [Select]
!!![url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81032.new#new]RTD WARS! ~24 players![/url]!!!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »

Alright, advertised the game in my RTD.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »

Alright, advertised the game in my RTD.
cool, thanks
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »

Done and done. Had to fiddle around a bit but it works.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2011, 01:56:52 pm »

Done, and I advertised it in my forum gmae which you guys should check otu we have a waiting list ( empty )

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

advertised in my RTD.

so, should we have seperate threads or seperate quicktopics for each "team"?
threads would be better if everyone should know what everyone is going. quicktopic would be mostly for private talk.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2011, 02:01:52 pm »

We could just m each other, but actions we would post in the game thread of course we would post who our gm is along with the action to make it easier(ish I quess ) for you guys.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2011, 02:02:28 pm »

Quicktopic?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:09:23 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2011, 03:22:07 pm »

Alright guys, still trying to make an RTD. A few questions for you all:

What kind of HP system would you recommend? This has bugged me for a while.

What kind of combat system would you recommend? Straight up player roll decides the affect, the defender rolls against the attacker and the higher roll wins, or some more complex system?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2011, 03:32:15 pm »

Alright guys, still trying to make an RTD. A few questions for you all:

What kind of HP system would you recommend? This has bugged me for a while.

What kind of combat system would you recommend? Straight up player roll decides the affect, the defender rolls against the attacker and the higher roll wins, or some more complex system?

Well I like the system I am currently using in my forum game.

Hp - I decide this with a class system. Like Medic has 8 Hp, and a Heavy Infantry has 20. Although you cna do it through a sort of point system or just give each character a set amount of hp.

For combat system I roll a d20 to determine if the attack hits ( for every attack it might take a bit, but very good system although yours won't have the same number of hits as a modern or sci-fi based one if your going fantasy ), and then each weapon has a dice for it that I roll for damage, and then you roll the enemies armor dice.

Ex:
Bryan shoots the 9mm Pistol at the Raider.

1 Shot = 1d20 = 12

Hit !!!

now damage

Roll damage for 9mm pistol 1d6 = 5 so 5 damage

then enemies armor roll

Leather armor roll 1d3 = 2

So bryan did 3 damage to the raider.

That help ?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2011, 03:46:18 pm »

Not really, I was already thinking of that system, but thanks for trying.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm worried that system may be a little too difficult to use. For various reasons, ranging from when I should give people more HP, to balancing the weapons.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:02 pm »

I suggest no HP system, if someone is heavily bleeding for to long kill them. If they're running crawling around with no limbs it would probally be best for him to die.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »

The problem with that system is sometimes I feel it's unfair in some ways.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »

Yeah, it's always harder to justify killing someone by saying they "Feel dead to me" than by saying they've "Run out of hit points."

My advice for a base system would be [Attacker's Roll] - [Defender's Roll] = [Damage]

It's obviously very simple, but that's both a blessing and a curse. You only need to roll two dice per attack, as opposed to the four a To-Hit vs Dodge then Damage vs Armor system needs. Everyone still gets a roll, however, so nobody feels cheated because they didn't even get a chance to dodge that enemy [5].

Finally, it makes the damage somewhat normalized (5 damage [6v1] happens much more rarely than 2 damage [6v4,5v3,etc]), and makes a little more attack or dodge always feel useful, since it ups or downs the damage even if you've already hit or gotten hit. [6] vs [1] feels a little disappointing when [2] vs [1] would have had the same results.

Naturally, this isn't the most customizable system, but there's still room for tweaking. What amount of hit points you decide to give everyone is the most obvious one, along with what and how much weapons, armor, skills, magical effects, and even the environment and scenery alter things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 661