Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 666389 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

DEMISE RIDES INSTANT MEME TO BAY12
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

HORSE PRINCESS KIDNAPS THE MOON, HERO MUST DESTROY TOWN TO SUMMON VILLAGER GOD TO STOP HORSE PRINCESS WITH VIRGINS.

This is like a Mad Libs from hell.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Okay guys, I think everyone's derailed enough. If you want to do that I'd suggest a forum game or something.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Yeah, you're right. Anyway, I came here with an idea:

Modular grid-based maps. Like a jigsaw puzzle, but all the pieces fit together.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Yeah, you're right. Anyway, I came here with an idea:

Modular grid-based maps. Like a jigsaw puzzle, but all the pieces fit together.

Ooh! I like this idea. Would be fun for a dungeon crawl RPG/RTD sometime.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Assign the map parts 1-20 and get a random number generator to barf up a matrix.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Yet another off-the-wall idea for an RTD game.

So, you know how most games are either PvP or PvE, and usually these two types aren't mixed together.
Even if they are sometimes, what about a type of game that pins individual players against the environment - the same environment - while being separated? The players would be running a gauntlet of puzzles and challenges, presumably simultaneously. If you follow a certain webcomic called Goblins, the Maze of Many the current arc focuses on is a similar concept.

The goal is, obviously, to reach some sort of goal at the end. Maybe an exit, maybe something else, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that all players are aware of the other players' actions, justifying use of metaknowledge. Solutions used by players in the lead can be reused (dice allowing) by players catching up, creating a sort of a fake "rubber band difficulty". The real goal would be to create a character build that is capable of lasting through the gauntlet, and do it before others can. The challenge for the GM is coming up with a few dozen (preferably more) interesting and nontrivial challenge rooms.

The characters would likely follow a point buy system for stats, and probably use the Progressive RTD system, so that they can start out reasonably competent in a few fields of their choice. The system could probably be cut down a bit, getting rid of extraneous stats to lessen the load on the GM (since a lot of players could participate at once), but maybe it could work as-is, especially if challenges are made to be more than mere physical obstacles, and may require diplomancing to get through.

Think it could be interesting?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

It certainly would be.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Here's a fun twist:

Eight players, but only one player is playing at any time. All eight suggest a part of the puzzle via PM to the GM, the GM makes them slightly different/more perverse/makes something on the same concept as well as a treasure.

The object of the game is to then make it through the ten obstacles (two are GM created) in the least amount of time: therefore, turns that don't kill you and don't solve the problem are bad. Puzzles like "wait here, doors open" are to be avoided.

The survivors then get thrown into a dungeon generated by the GM and the dead players as long as at least 2 players survive. The winner gets extra points to their stats.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Okay guys, I think everyone's derailed enough. If you want to do that I'd suggest a forum game or something.
This is my thread and I'll be the one who decides how much derailment we have!

CUPCAKE

Alright, that's enough, back to RTD Discussing.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Yet another off-the-wall idea for an RTD game.

So, you know how most games are either PvP or PvE, and usually these two types aren't mixed together.
Even if they are sometimes, what about a type of game that pins individual players against the environment - the same environment - while being separated? The players would be running a gauntlet of puzzles and challenges, presumably simultaneously. If you follow a certain webcomic called Goblins, the Maze of Many the current arc focuses on is a similar concept.

The goal is, obviously, to reach some sort of goal at the end. Maybe an exit, maybe something else, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that all players are aware of the other players' actions, justifying use of metaknowledge. Solutions used by players in the lead can be reused (dice allowing) by players catching up, creating a sort of a fake "rubber band difficulty". The real goal would be to create a character build that is capable of lasting through the gauntlet, and do it before others can. The challenge for the GM is coming up with a few dozen (preferably more) interesting and nontrivial challenge rooms.

The characters would likely follow a point buy system for stats, and probably use the Progressive RTD system, so that they can start out reasonably competent in a few fields of their choice. The system could probably be cut down a bit, getting rid of extraneous stats to lessen the load on the GM (since a lot of players could participate at once), but maybe it could work as-is, especially if challenges are made to be more than mere physical obstacles, and may require diplomancing to get through.

Think it could be interesting?

Definitely. If I were better at making puzzles, I'd do it. Then again, if I were better at making puzzles I'd probably still be running a Legends of the Hidden Temple RTD.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

You enter a vividly painted room. Scenes of orange and yellow splay in front of your eyes, and small people, animals, buildings, and fantastic creatures look to be sketched on like cave paintings. You see dragons, demons... are these some culture's gods? you wonder.

You look to the center of the room and see a 1:1 statue of a human. It's interesting in that, while stone, it has a white cloth covering it's waist. It has a giant, four spoked wheel with evenly placed small spikes along the outer rim on it's head. Slowly, the wheel is turning, bit by bit. Looking at the stone statue's face, it seems contorted in some sort of mad gaze at nothing in particular.

When you step away from the statue, you hear stone against stone, as the ground you were on raises
(Damn, a pressure plate.) and the mouth of the crazed statue slides open. Viscous, orange fluid pours out, sizzling and giving off a strange gas. Determining that it would be bad to get near the liquid, even if it was obviously not designed to kill anyone in the room, you wonder what the statue could be for and why such a trap existed.

However, the stone shifting isn't done, and one of the walls shakes for a moment. You see on it a fantastic image of what looks to be a sun god, a lion-like creature of flame, driving a sword through an identical but silvery-blue version of itself. In turn, the silver sun god
(Moon god?) drives a blade through the sun god. This wall falls into the floor, revealing a passageway.

Isn't there supposed to be a puzzle here? You aren't exactly sure about what to do with the room, as it seems that whatever puzzle you just solved was done by no action of your own.

That's what you thought, of course, until you heard the breathing. Turning, you see that the statue was cracking, as dust puffed off the statue, as the rough stone broke away, revealing orange skin.

"You've entered my temple... What is it you seek, adventurer? Look inside yourself... for if you lie in any way, I will destroy you ultimately..."

You noticed that the statue's, or now emperor's, wheel was still affixed to his head and still slowly turning.

This is one of the puzzles I cooked up. If someone finds the solution first guess, I'll work on that "form a puzzle and solve it multiplayer style" game.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:44:40 pm by penguinofhonor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

"I seek loot. And babes. And loot shaped like babes. And babes with loot. Preferably all at once."
-Adventurer Johnny Bravo
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

SOLUTION: I wish to find out the answer to your question.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 661