Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 676652 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Solution: stop the wheel from turning.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Solution: RAAAAGH GRONK SMASH *Berserker Rage*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Hmm.

The emperor's wheel ticks by somewhat faster, as if he was thinking.
(penguinofhonor)
Circular logic is banned in the court. Punishable by... something other than death. Boring.
(Xantalos)
So you seek compensation... As far off of an answer that was, it actually fit the puzzle. Go on then.
(Greenstarfanatic)
You've given me a short term answer... You did not seek an answer until I questioned, yes? I'll give you one more try...
(Doomblade187/Yoink)
Violence is such a dire thing to behold...

The Emperors arms extend grotesquely, revealing a multitude of wheels just like the one on his head but much smaller! They begin spinning at incredible speed before the Emperor strikes Doomblade and Yoink, grinding them into a paste!

You took an accepted answer by luck. The answer was "purpose", or "a reason to exist".
The emperor took the answer that Xantalos gave in a Freudian manner, which, in turn, gave the answer-er a purpose. To compensate. Well done.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Huzzah! Reward get!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

The reward? Ah yes. It's roughly 8.777 rooms of more tasks for you to complete, and, then, something you'd consider a reward, possibly.

Note that I'll reuse a similar room when this is made, but not this exact one. Not the same question either. Psycho immortal statue emperor of the lost (object) tribe? Yes.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We actually have an RTD Testing thread by Draignean. I suggest using that, it was very useful.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Oh my gosh it's Digital!
Does... Does this mean NtR might be getting... Updated?! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah sure why not. I lost half of the update earlier due to black magic, so I'll have to rewrite that. I'd rather have you just bump the thread than jump out at me here, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Oh... Sorry. :-[ Didn't mean anything by it, I was just excited and it wouldn't usually occur to me to bump the thread.
I guess I'll do that in future.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Okay, next idea:

The Great Interstellar Artifact Hunt - An RTD of Corporate Competition

The idea of the game is such - you play not as human beings, but as evil/greedy/altruistic/visionary/pragmatic/etc. corporate entities of interstellar proportions bent on finding ancient abandoned (or not entirely abandoned, or not entirely ancient, or not entirely either) alien installations and ransacking them as much as possible for any useful knick-knacks and gewgaws to further your own unethical/visionary/profitable research in order to realize your evil/greedy/altruistic/visionary/pragmatic corporate agenda or ideology, if applicable.

Spoiler: Corporation Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Victory Conditions (click to show/hide)

Okay, I just typed this up and it seems ridiculously complicated. What do you guys think? I'm not sure this should be an RTD at all, to tell the truth. It would definitely be enough to drive a normal GM crazy, keeping reliable track of all that information. It would be like Einsteinian Roulette on a different scale, but more lethal for the individual personnel members.

Once again, this idea is not one I am likely to realize in the near future. Any that want it are free to grab it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:18:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:46:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

The Conservative Crime Squad has shot up an abortion clinic!

The public opinion becomes a bit more conservative!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

I have another space RTD idea.

You see, beyond the reaches of human-populated space, there is the Dark Nebula of Peril. Why do they call it the Dark Nebula of Peril, you ask? The answer is quite simple, actually. The reason the Dark Nebula of Peril is called the Dark Nebula of Peril rather than, say, the Nice Nebula of Pretty Lights and Philosophical Contemplation is, to put it simply, you. Why? Well...

You Are All Horrible Space Monsters, Man!

Yes, that is indeed the truth. You are all space monsters that dwell in the horrid, terrible reaches of the Dark Nebula of Peril. Why are you there, you might ask? That's a very good question. You see, it all started with a technologically advanced race of smartass aliens that decided to experiment with things they really shouldn't. To make a long story short, you are the result - evil nanobots, space vampires, sentient parasitic bacteria, doppelganger aliens, malevolent electromagnetic phenomena, highly playful extradimensional beings and many, many more. After having your own brand of fun with all the silly alien buggers (and then eating them or depositing them in a safe spot for the more boring days), you are now largely bored and alone in the Dark Nebula of Peril (sadly a frequent consequence of being highly successful at what you do).

Fortunately, in the last couple of thousand years, aliens of many races have achieved successful FTL space travel. They have also developed an unhealthy fascination with Dark Nebulas of Peril the entire galaxy over. And the best part is, they send you steel-wrapped presents all the time! How amazing! You guess you should return the favor someday. Maybe take a ride on one of said presents back to them and have fun in their houses as well! Oh, it should be absolutely delightful there! If only your friends in the Nebula didn't always get in the way...

Okay, here's the idea - you are a space monster of your choice. You are powerful. You are sentient. You are bored! You need something fun/productive/*untranslatable* to do! And sentient visitors are the only thing that qualify as such, sadly. They occasionally arrive, looking to investigate the Dark Nebula of Peril, at which point the Race Phase begins. The Race Phase is the point in the RTD when the respective space monsters in a particular sector of the Nebula (the current players) trip over themselves (and each other) trying to be the first to take over the hapless alien visitors to the Nebula and use them to visit places outside the Nebula comfortably and without issue.

Of course, you could band together, forming some kind of Space Monster League of Evil and head to the hapless alien worlds all together. Your choice. I would love to see a Space Monster road trip through populated alien space, myself.

Now, be warned. Aliens are unlikely to take this sort of treatment sitting down. They may possibly figure out your Secret Weakness (sent in PM), they might prove victorious over your mind control with the Power of Love, really, depending on the particular race, anything can happen. But that's where the *fun* truly is, you know.

Finally, don't forget to *enjoy the sauce*.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:16:33 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

...WANT.

DO WANT.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Same here.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 661