Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 678520 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Space Monster road trip sounds like my kind of game. A bunch of teenaged cosmic horrors getting into trouble, getting drunk (on the souls of mortals/stars/just a whole lot of alcohol), trying to get laid. On the side, they have the best time of their lives.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Space Monster road trip sounds like my kind of game. A bunch of teenaged cosmic horrors getting into trouble, getting drunk (on the souls of mortals/stars/just a whole lot of alcohol), trying to get laid. On the side, they have the best time of their lives.
And thats really how Slaneesh was born.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

The fact that I fail to be excited only proves that I desperately need sleep.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to watch it, but I'm not sure I could commit myself to playing.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:46:24 pm by penguinofhonor »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm thinking that the Space Monster Road Trip is probably the most viable game idea. Otherwise you'd get a situation where one player runs off on their nice new spaceship while the others are left sitting on their thumbs and waiting for the chance of more explorers to appear.

You know, I'm thinking I could run this, to tell the truth. I'm definitely liking the idea.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

It is a good idea.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

It'll definitely be an entertaining read, however the mechanics work out. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

So I and wwolin came up with the idea of having some sort of minimalist RTD that would design a non-minimalist RTD. However, fleshing out this concept is hard for me right now. Can anyone help?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Have the minimalist RtD "You Are God" wherein the canon history of the world is forged for the non-minimalist RtD. In this world five brave adventurers must quest for the Holy Item of God, braving the unspeakable atrocities wreaked upon their flailing but not entirely lost dignity as they cross a world of unlikely horror. This would not work if both are run concurrently as the first one would probably speed ahead.

Short Version: No, I can't. Sorry.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Ooh, ooh, better idea! Instead of the minimalist players being gods, they are instead the citizens of a glorious empire where magic flows freely and anything is possible. The players will then be given either a simple objective (such as become the king) and will be expected to do something of that sort.

Once the spirit of minimalism sets in and everything is a) messed up, b) ruled by vile entities of the nether realms (such as YHWH), c) ruled by the minimalist players, which is probably worse, d) blown to shit or e) some combination of a, b, c and d, the non-minimalist players assume control of the next generation - ordinary (as much as this is possible) people who have to a) make it less messed up and livable, b) eliminate the vile entities from the realm, c) overthrow the foul minimalist rulers and institute their own society, d) make everything slightly less blown to shit, e) probably all four.

Minimalist Setting Generation may actually work as a concept, though it would take quite a bit of commitment.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:42:18 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh yes, it would be a bit like playing fortress mode, and then going adventuring in it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I kind of want to run a semiminimalist Oregon Trail Meets Giant Mecha RTD.

Where, you aren't much required to think much, but there is some strategy, mainly in mecha building and approaching problems: a river of ACIDIC MAGMA stands in your way, which, with heavy armor, you could ford, or with thrusters, you could jump, or with a drill, go under...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:46:31 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 661