Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705345 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

That is one of the best R.T.D. ideas I've heard in a long time, I know you probably won't make it, or if you do not for a long time, but i would so send in an application.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Is John a reality warper or is he just that uncannily perceptive to conspiracies?

He sees the world... differently than others. Generally, he is just weird, paranoid and, shall we say, possessing an unfiltered enough perception for most obfuscation of complex plots happening around him to not really work. But he only sees certain telltale signs - the phone ringing peculiarly when he's around, his boss occasionally forgetting to blink for long periods of time or bringing only one particular type of sandwich - say, a herring sandwich of questionable quality - to work. Things that most would not see or, for that matter, suspect to be part of a greater plan.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is John a reality warper or is he just that uncannily perceptive to conspiracies?

He sees the world... differently than others. Generally, he is just weird, paranoid and, shall we say, possessing an unfiltered enough perception for most obfuscation of complex plots happening around him to not really work. But he only sees certain telltale signs - the phone ringing peculiarly when he's around, his boss occasionally forgetting to blink for long periods of time or bringing only one particular type of sandwich - say, a herring sandwich of questionable quality - to work. Things that most would not see or, for that matter, suspect to be part of a greater plan.

"Oh my god, he didn't take his usual ham,lettuce sandwich. He's going to nuke america!"
Durrr..

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I'd totally be in for the heroes of the multiverse thing.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've started HEROES OF THE MULTIVERSE under a slightly less cheesy name over in FG&RP; do check it out if you have time.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is my current progress on a TF 2 RTD I had the idea for, just posting it now to get (hopefully helpful) criticisms on the work I've done so far which is basically just classes.

Deathmatch Fortress: Hat Grab

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

I approve of any TF2 RTD. I was planning on making either it or the Magicka RTD. Which is still alive, by the way. I just...can't make any kind of map.

As for the classes, they seem alright. Might want to adjust the UberPack so that you can choose to heal someone each turn instead of attack, it heals X amount of heath per turn healing, and make the self-healing a passive ability.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I approve of any TF2 RTD. I was planning on making either it or the Magicka RTD. Which is still alive, by the way. I just...can't make any kind of map.

As for the classes, they seem alright. Might want to adjust the UberPack so that you can choose to heal someone each turn instead of attack, it heals X amount of heath per turn healing, and make the self-healing a passive ability.
That is gonna be handled in the actual combat rules of the game so no worries, as for self-healing I'll work on it.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is gonna be handled in the actual combat rules of the game so no worries, as for self-healing I'll work on it.
Phew, because otherwise, I'd constantly be going 'That's not how that works! It's supposed to do this and have this effect blah blah blah!"

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a forum adventure over on the mspa forums that somewhat interests me because I like the concept. However, I'm rather bad at explaining things so I'd like you people to check it out. i feel it might work well as a multiplayer forum game/rtd. So uh, here's the link.
http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?51480-Element-Ascent-%28RPG-Tower-Climb-Alchemy%29%28Nice-weather%29
(Also I can't figure out how to shorten that link and make it look nicer using the bbcode, if that's actually possible.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

You can do that with "[ur l=<url>] <link name>[/url]".
Without the space, obviously. Actually I'll just leave an example here for you. Just quote this post and the magic will be revealed. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I've been thinking of a few more ideas for RTDs.

First of all, is a Deadliest Warrior RTD. It would play out in an arena-style match, or matches, with several going on at once. Players could choose from different warriors from history, each having weaknesses and strengths specific to their weaponry, strategics, and abilities. There are two choice for how the matches would tend out. It could be a set of 1 Vs 1 matches, Tournament Style, or it could be a Multi-Man All-In style match. It all depends on what the players want. As the games go on, more and more warriors will be unlocked!

Secondly, a RTD based off of Okami and Okamiden. Each player takes on the form of a Brush God, that can use their AND ONLY THEIR brush techniques, but these techniques can be levelled up many times to become more powerful and have more uses. HOWEVER, one may choose to start off as Amaterasu, and only have the Sunrise Technique, but the ability to gain all of the techniques throughout the journey. These would be un-level-able. Their quest is to stop Evil from taking over Nippon once more!

Finally, we have a RTD based off of The Cave.
Each player can take one of the characters, The Knight, The Hilbilly, The Scientist, The Time-Traveller, The Adventurer, The Twins, or The Monk, each with their own special abilities, and must navigate the cave once more, as they must rescue their fellow adventurers who have become trapped at the bottom of the Cave! That, or they could goof off and kill a few people instead. Either way, they're going back in!

Anyone think they'd be interested in the concepts?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I approve of the Deadliest Warrior one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I was thinking of a sort of mecha-knight story.. Hold on till tomorrow morning once I've gathered my thoughts and caught some sleep. Just posting here now so I don't forget.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Deadliest warrior sounds kind of meh. Arena RTDs tend to be kind of dull as is, and limiting them to historical figures would probably exacerbate that. I think you'd get more kick out of people trying to play Abe Lincoln: Chainsaw Warrior than out of people genuinely pitting Alexander the Great versus Spartacus.

Okami sounds interesting, but I've never played it and thus have no idea what any of these brush powers are or what anyone would be doing with them.

The Cave sounds kind of limited. I think you'd be better off just making some classes and shoving people into a cave for contrived reasons than trying to mimic a certain game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 661