Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 677376 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I imagine they must be slippery as hell. They'd just shot out from your grip, like soap. I hope the mechanics will reflect this, lawas.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

If a sea lion caught you though he'd squash you like a worm. It's basically an obese anaconda, but deadlier.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope the plot will center around invasion-of-Britain Operation Sea Lion. The Royal Navy will prove hopeless.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I'd feel uncomfortable allying sea lions with nazis, and I'd have to have quite a think about how to get round that oh I just did - the sea lions could fight the nazis, they'd be British sea lions.

DH you're kind of distracting me from the essential alien-based part of the plot here though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

DH you're kind of distracting me from the essential alien-based part of the plot here though.
Clearly, humanity needs a way to respond to this new, subhuman threat. Something technologically advanced for its time, willing to do anything to win, with boundless ambition and utter devotion to the superior bloodline.

When the stars and the waves unite, the Allies will wake and the Reich will rise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clearly, humanity needs a way to respond to this new, subhuman threat. Something technologically advanced for its time, willing to do anything to win, with boundless ambition and utter devotion to the superior bloodline.

When the stars and the waves unite, the Allies will wake and the Reich will rise.

Plot twist? The aliens turn out to be the ultimate Aryan ideal.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

...Wait, that gives me some inspiration.

Well you can take that idea, if you want it. My current games are already exceedingly slow.
I'm propably going to use it since I can't reallly come up with much else right now, though I'l propably replace the Sea Lions with robots or something.
EDIT: Well, I got the main plot idea, at least.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

You could follow ffs' sage advice to me on this subject, and just add EVERYTHING you like. Play as some futuristic cyborg assassin children's toys in an otherwise generic medieval fantasy setting trying to pull off heists.

My god, that sounds brilliant. I only wish I could pull off something so bizarre.
It'd even draw in some steampunk fans, possibly, since that'd probably be the route I'd go with for 'medieval cyborgs'.

The other was INTERNATIONAL SPORTS HEIST, where you assemble a crack team of international sports stars to pull off a heist. Say, an American football player gets +1 to defence, an English cricket player gets +1 to throwing and to attacking with blunt weapons but is polite, so always has to let someone else go first, an ice hockey player has the psychopathic trait and gets +1 to attack and to wounds but has to keep attacking everyone in sight until they’re all dead, once he starts.

Interesting... not that I know anything about sports.
Wouldn't a Canadian class be the cripplingly polite ones, though? The Brits would more likely just have a debilitating tea addiction, taking progressively greater penalties until they can find time to sit down for a cuppa. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

You could follow ffs' sage advice to me on this subject, and just add EVERYTHING you like. Play as some futuristic cyborg assassin children's toys in an otherwise generic medieval fantasy setting trying to pull off heists.
Guess I might as well follow this advice. In fact, I actually came up with yet another RTD idea last night, that I'l try to write the OP for sometime.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yo! Decided to drop this off for the moment being. It's something that I've thought up regarding magic and my hate for pulling fire out of my ass magic EG TRUE fantasy magic. It will also serve as an component for a future RTD or forum game.

It's by far not complete, though i;d like some input about it. Criticism, idea's, questions, praise, whatever is welcome and i will hear it out and if possible answer it. You can comment on the document itself, or obviously here.

Linkie to Google drive document
Durrr..

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke looks around

not entirely sure if i'm even allowed here

but how the fuck do you organize anything

feature creep is the natural death of most of the games i'm bothered to keep going with for any semi-respectable duration, and i'd like to revive one of them except i have no idea what's going on because my documents are filled with fuck literally and figuratively

so i made a new one, how do i not pile up the shit so that the stack doesn't fall on my head and bury me in it 5real guys

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Yes you're allowed here.

Next: Creep? Stack? Err, I guess you should detail what's bothering you more for us [or me...] to get a better idea.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

I think what they mean is that as the game goes along, they keep adding more things into the game in order to flesh it out better, but then it becomes loaded with more features than they can reasonable handle.

It's happened to me before.

Of course, I could be wrong, and talking about something unrelated.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

let me just pull some examples here

EXHIBIT A

exhibit a is noice. doesn't take much effort to write, nothing really tracked (admittedly first turn so nothing to even track), no ridiculous systems scavenged from other games like in

EXHIBIT B

skip the text part of both and just look at the mass of spoilers

first turn has a grand total of one, namely gm notes

last one has eight, one for every faction, a map of town control, gm notes, and then some various plot pieces and time events and jesus christ (note: no actual jesus christ)

how do i keep this written down outside headcanon especially when it comes to a game whose entire plot can change with a single action (it shouldn't even have a plot)

or in other terms, how do i make sense of something that isn't supposed to make sense to others

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Prime Query: How.
Make an organized list offline of what hilarious shenanigans or branching plots could happen based on what exists at the present time. :v

FFS taught me that, and I'm already 2 steps ahead of my players if whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 661