Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 678156 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

I've got minions and furniture also. Ranged weapons and furniture are what I feel I need to work on- magic stuff and melee weapons are good.

This is a(n) bright solid light armchair.
Note that it: flies to obey commands,
is indestructable,
enchants ranged weapons with the property of shines a targeting laser onto the target,
and enchants ranged weapons with the property of shines a targeting laser onto the target.

That blasted duplication glitch.

This is a(n) small flesh spellbook.
This spellbook contains 4 spells pertaining to shooting rather small copper spheres, however note that if miscast, the spell will erupt in a pillar of frost!
Each new loot creation will also add a new spell into the book, but the spells are harder to use.

Randomness at the finest.

This is a(n) large solid darkness office chair.
Note that it: has a portal,
absorbs magic,
creates arcane barriers,
and enchants ranged weapons with the property of exploding the fired ammo.

I need a bit more variety for furniture and vehicles.

This is a(n) freezing iron assassin.
She has the additional properties of: exploding on command,
and exploding on command.

And minions, too.

This is a(n) clockwork solid energy rocket launcher.
It comes with 16 units of suitable ammunition.
The user will gain 10 units of suitable ammunition with each loot gain.
It has the additional properties of: firing withering ammo,
and shines a targeting laser onto the target.

This is fine. No problem with withering death rockets.
What programming language are you using for your generations?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hoo boy, furniture/appliances is something I need to work on too. I'm not using programming for mine actually. I just have a big series of tables written out(in digital format), much like Wwolin uses. I did try to make a program for loot before, but found that method to be lacking for reasons that I can't remember. If it works for you that's great though. I imagine it'll save a lot of time. Dem glitches though.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

The main problem for mine is variety- it gets repetitive unlike Wwolin's masterful generator that lead to such beauties as... you know the deal.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it comes to effect variety, you might find this handy. Fniff's Generators. You'll probably have to dig through it a bit to find useful/non-cosmetic effects for weapons and such, and there's a certain amount of interpretation required, but that's working pretty well for me. Might be the same for you.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interpretation is the most fun part of Fniff's generators. I intend to run a Random-Generated Scifi Rampage for Guns, Cash and Glory (RGSRGCG for short - it rolls of the tongue) RTD at some point, built around the lovely things. The players will be would-be heroes shanghaied by a morally-shady organization of SPACE JUSTICE and HEROISM into making a mess of hotspots around the galaxy and causing enough collateral damage during their exploits to bankrupt several small empires.

There will be randomized guns, drugs, vehicles, even enemies, and it will be glorious (main inspirations being various light-hearted adventure/space opera scifi and Ratchet & Clank for that 'get guns, explode everything' feel).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure they're almost no one here who WOULDN'T want to play that.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I'm sort of working on something in the generator field; very incomplete with only the categories of items (not how to roll them) started so far.
I've got 58 things in the first category, 143 in the second, I haven't started on the third, 36 in the fourth, the fifth sixth and seventh categories are empty so far, 53 in the eight, and lastly 21 in the ninth.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure they're almost no one here who WOULDN'T want to play that.

Indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interpretation is the most fun part of Fniff's generators. I intend to run a Random-Generated Scifi Rampage for Guns, Cash and Glory (RGSRGCG for short - it rolls of the tongue) RTD at some point, built around the lovely things. The players will be would-be heroes shanghaied by a morally-shady organization of SPACE JUSTICE and HEROISM into making a mess of hotspots around the galaxy and causing enough collateral damage during their exploits to bankrupt several small empires.

There will be randomized guns, drugs, vehicles, even enemies, and it will be glorious (main inspirations being various light-hearted adventure/space opera scifi and Ratchet & Clank for that 'get guns, explode everything' feel).

So we're sci-fi, morally gray Batmen in space? I'm in.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So we're sci-fi, morally gray Batmen in space? I'm in.

Err. Possibly? It'd be more accurate to say you'd be working for a, uh, morally blind Space Justice League. One that sees it as only right and good to meddle in everyone else's business and police the galaxy whether it likes it or not.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ratchet and Clank, you say? I'm in.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I call a spot.

Played the Shit out of ratchet and Clank in the way back when.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

You can expect a laundry bill in the mail, 'cause I just creamed my jockeys. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

If you did them with the rest of your wash it would be more economical and probably not even cost a few cents.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

That's the whole point! I can get DH to pay for an entire wash over just one pair of creamed jockeys!
These laundry bills are bleeding me dry, man.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 661