Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 666561 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You... could've just asked me to. Too much information, Yoink, too much information.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

The word "Table" is starting to look like a nonsense word. Ugh.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

blazing glory

Conclusion:Finding a decent map/world generator is a pain.

Does anyone know of any half decent ones?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

There's this if it's what you're looking for.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

blazing glory

There's this if it's what you're looking for.
Nah, it's not really ideal for a RtD map, plus it takes forever to load and only works half the time.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Though a bit outdated, THIS mapmaker has come in pretty handy for me. Using it along with Dwarf Fortress and PerfectWorldDF is how I've made a lot of world maps. It's a bit old though, so in order to get it to work, you'll have to rename the image files generated by dwarf fortress. They'll all be generated as something like

region1-00051-01-01-elw.bmp and region1-00051-01-01-veg.bmp

and need to be changed to something like

world_graphic-elw-region1-178--10081.bmp and world_graphic-veg-region1-178--10081.bmp

Also, the mapmaker tends to create some unsightly discolored areas for certain terrains, but I've found that this can be fixed by overlaying the DF generated biome map at 30% opacity on top of the mapmaker generated map to add a bit of color to things.

An example of a map before color fixing is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_nAV02Lv90WVE5Z1c3aDI5VDA/view?usp=sharing

And one after it's been colored is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_nAV02Lv90SmQ0OHlzeDI4Ums/view?usp=sharing

If anyone wants more help with using this, just shoot me a PM and I can help you with it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Did you ever find your loot generator? Lots of people, including me, would like to be able to use that. My own is not up to snuff.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I would also like to know this.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I figured that some people would want that. It's kinda monstrous and disorganized right now, but I'm putting in tags right now so that you can ctrl+f to different tables without having to fumble around looking for things. I'll have it posted by some time tomorrow.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

blazing glory

Though a bit outdated, THIS mapmaker has come in pretty handy for me. Using it along with Dwarf Fortress and PerfectWorldDF is how I've made a lot of world maps. It's a bit old though, so in order to get it to work, you'll have to rename the image files generated by dwarf fortress. They'll all be generated as something like

region1-00051-01-01-elw.bmp and region1-00051-01-01-veg.bmp

and need to be changed to something like

world_graphic-elw-region1-178--10081.bmp and world_graphic-veg-region1-178--10081.bmp

Also, the mapmaker tends to create some unsightly discolored areas for certain terrains, but I've found that this can be fixed by overlaying the DF generated biome map at 30% opacity on top of the mapmaker generated map to add a bit of color to things.

An example of a map before color fixing is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_nAV02Lv90WVE5Z1c3aDI5VDA/view?usp=sharing

And one after it's been colored is here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_nAV02Lv90SmQ0OHlzeDI4Ums/view?usp=sharing

If anyone wants more help with using this, just shoot me a PM and I can help you with it.
Does it only work with GIMP?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

The forum thread that the mapmaker was originally on had a photoshop version, although I can't find the thread anywhere. GIMP's free though, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured that some people would want that. It's kinda monstrous and disorganized right now, but I'm putting in tags right now so that you can ctrl+f to different tables without having to fumble around looking for things. I'll have it posted by some time tomorrow.
I predict a surge of new Looter's Delight Games in the future.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If he puts it up there probably will be. Speaking of which Wwolin, do you plan to run a Looter's Delight 4?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Interesting problem. I can make nice maps quickly and easily thanks to hexographer, but character icons are eluding me.

The trouble is that I went with a racial set that means I can't just steal icons from D&D and call it a day, as nice as that would be. I could use ten abstract symbols based off the character race, but that doesn't provide much information about which one of those icons is most likely to rape your nostrils with a morning star if you get too close. Then I got the idea of separating the races by color, and then attacker general type (more ranged, more melee, more magic) with a specific abstract symbol, and differentiating toughness by repetitive symbol complexity.

Quick and dirty example,

Symbols on the left represent linear progression along a particular archetype. Symbols on right are hybrids of the existing symbols.

On the combat map, without symbol colorization, this looks something like...

So, what are the opinions on this bit of insanity?

P.S: To reduce confusion, players and truly unique characters would get their own individual symbols.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I like it but I'm pretty sure the hybrids are completely unreadable and I suspect the progression thing only works if you're familiar with them already.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 661