Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 677882 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Could you please link to that?

Edit: waitaminute, that's not original. How about... You Are Final Boss?!?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:10:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you please link to that?
Here's the link. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you. I've made a game called We Are Final Boss recently. It seems nice to me. Not an RTD though.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Thank you. I've made a game called We Are Final Boss recently. It seems nice to me. Not an RTD though.

Sounds interesting, especially if you're some kind of body-horror final boss that adds whatever heroes it defeats to its biomass... but rather than becoming a hivemind, literally everyone involved has some iota of control. While most players might be able to swing the fist, there's always going to be that little itch that says "punch yourself, do it".

Because that's how players do.

Could run an uneven dice thing, where Heroes have a higher dice and control over their actions, but the more people agree on one action, the higher the monster's +X value gets to their roll. Let's say the Monster has a d6 and the Hero a d8.
If all actions are tied, the one chosen gets -1 or no action is taken at all.
If 1~24% of players agree on an action, it gets nothing.
If 25~49% of of players agree, it's a +1.
50~74% is +2, 75~99% is +3, and a unanimous decision is +4.
Furthermore, if five or more players choose the winning option and it isn't unanimous, an extra +1 is applied. This applies for 10, 15, etc, to allow larger player groups to be less hivemind, since popular options can still reach high bonuses.

The monster bonus is capped at +4.

Heroes do have a few options, as well. Heroes usually have a d8 and can take three hits, but they can give up a hit for +2 die size (d10 and 2HP or d12 and 1HP).
A Hit is only dealt on a difference of two or more- for the sake of speed, whoever has the higher roll in a non-damaging result carries a free +1 to their next roll; this does not get capped. If the rolls are even, no one gets a bonus.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... hm. I just go with a simple- if it's the majority, do it sort of thing.
Generic Arms Race.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Dear Lord. I swear I tried to keep everything simple, I really did.

Lore is ready. Character creation/attributes/skills are done. Magic systems are almost all the way in position.

Need to finish up spells and then give everything a good proofreading to remove the legion of phonetically indistinguishable typos I know have crawled in when I wasn't looking. That done, I can actually launch. Substantially later than I intended, but all good plans vanish on contact with the enemy.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lore is ready. Character creation/attributes/skills are done. Magic systems are almost all the way in position.

Need to finish up spells and then give everything a good proofreading to remove the legion of phonetically indistinguishable typos I know have crawled in when I wasn't looking. That done, I can actually launch. Substantially later than I intended, but all good plans vanish on contact with the enemy.
Let us know when it's up. I'm interested.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

See the Augment Designations heading under the Special Weapon Rules spoiler for a description of the [Simple] tag as it applies to firearms. See the Major and Minor Skills heading under the Melee Skills spoiler for a description of the [Simple] tag as it applies to melee weapons. See the Improvised Association heading under the Miscellaneous Action spoiler for a description of the [Simple] tag as it applies to improvised weapons. See...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let us know when it's up. I'm interested.
Me too.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so... on another topic- does anyone remember the Magnificent Timelord? The historical figures gig worked really well there.

F=h*rtd*?*?

Deathmatch, anyone?

F=h*rtd*d*?

And let's throw in some special items and powers based on the historical figure in question...

F=h*rtd*d^p

And let's multiply all that by... random events? Something or other? Leveling up? How about whimsy!

F=w(h*rtd*d^p)

Fun_Game_Idea=whimsy(historical_figures*roll_to_dodge*deathmatch^powers_and_items)

Thoughts? Or I could just make a sequel to that drunk wizards game.
Generic Arms Race.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And so it has begun... Lighthouse is born!

I'm surprisingly nervous about this game, I guess I've been out of the GM's chair for longer than I thought.

Here's the link.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That wiki is truly impressive. Did you have plans to open up the world to other GMs after Lighthouse is over? Because while I don't think I can get a character done for Lighthouse, the world is practically forcing me to come up with new items/weapons and character builds.

Well done, Draignean, well done indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lighthouse is a setting, not a specific game. You can use it now if you like.

Granted, it's probably good to establish a ground rule that, unless otherwise specified, the different games happen in completely different splinters of the universe. That way nobody is screwing anyone else over if they want to reveal some incredible revelation or do something devastating.

The Wiki was certainly designed for more than one game, and it'd kind of be a shame if I was the only one who used it.
---

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

I'll take a look at the wiki tomorrow. Certainly looks interesting :)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

I'm curious, what are your guys' favorite RTD's that have since gone inactive? I was reading through the Mario Kart Grand Prix, and it got me a bit nostalgic. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 661