Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705321 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

And then take his arm to replace yours!
Assuming the spell doesn't kill him, yep. Of course, combat fusion requires that the creature stay alive. So you can carve his arm off but if another teammate or you kill him, then it will vanish.

Of course, there are ways to get more permanent versions of this...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Assuming the spell doesn't kill him, yep. Of course, combat fusion requires that the creature stay alive. So you can carve his arm off but if another teammate or you kill him, then it will vanish.

I see where this is going.

"Yuna-kun, why do you have a screaming Joyless face grafted to your back?"
"Why, so my Rasper Tentacles don't disappear, you weak-willed fool!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

So if you could carve off their limbs, leave them alive but incapable, could you keep just their remnant in a jar or something and reap the benefits of extra limbs?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I just read though the past few pages thinking this was the Einsteinian Roulette OOC Thread.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

Time to put all my points into Love!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Well, you have to kill all the bad guys to complete the mission so no. But if you manage to tear out their heart (or core or whatever you wanna call it, since it's not always where a heart would be) you can use that to create a permanent version of it that you can summon up whenever you want...for a price. Thats the trade off; combat fusion is free (well, cheaper, you still have to pay a bit to fuse it) but unstable. Using fusion items are much more stable but cost more to use.

Crystallized hearts are the thing you use to get basically everything in this game. But you gotta be careful to get them, since you can't just murder a beast to get one. The beasties will keep regenerating and getting back up unless you destroy their core, but if you just smash it, you lose it. You gotta rip them open while they're still alive and tear it out. Though...smashing one releases the essence in it, and that essence can be used to cast a spell too...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So in other words, you're working on Pretty Princess Vivisection Ascension! :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God that sounds amazing. Consider my interest peeked.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awhile back I asked Sean Mirrsen permission to do stuff with the space whale game they made. I'm tempted to do something along these lines, but I'm still "TECHNICALLY" running doom cruiser and my wikipedia article warfare games. So basically, before I do anything, I'd like any participants in those, particularly the WAW one(gee, I coined an acronym), to pm me if they want it to continue. Regardless, here's the thing that I've gone and done. Its fairly minimalist, but hey. Also it uses the metamorphica, obviously. It can potentially have more than one winner but I'll probably just close it after the first winner honestly, assuming it actually end up happening.
Spoiler: Concept (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

So in other words, you're working on Pretty Princess Vivisection Ascension! :D
I told you I would.

Just need to work on these charts. I'm using something similar to that one anime fighting system I tried out on Toaster a while back.

Just need to figure out how to do these monsters in a good universal fashion...some more world building...a good deal of stuff actually but I'm getting the core hammered out.

Your custom Xcom style upgrades come in lots of varieties, including adding powers to the "nature" of your character to expand their magic capacities and forging new weapons based on the hearts you use. Sort of like Dark Souls Boss soul weapons, but with your nature infused into them as well. So if your Nature is "Ice" and you create a weapon from a creature that wields a giant spear, you might get a big ol icicle lance or something similar.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Well then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

And if my nature is Banana and I craft something from the heart of some nameless horror?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

And if my nature is Banana and I craft something from the heart of some nameless horror?
You'd get something that is appeelingly phallic.

Hey, if people want to help, post some natures you'd like to see or use. They're kinda hard to explain, but you know how characters in anime tend to have powers related to a particular theme? Like, using madoka, there was the one girl whose theme was essentially "guns and ribbons".  Something like that. I suppose you could even go more abstract as long as it had clear connotations.

One I was thinking of for an NPC was a girl whose nature included "distance" and who wielded a rapier. Her attacks would involve stabbing the rapier through her own hand, and using magic powered by that to extend the rapier stab over great distances.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can "Defenestration" be a nature, Piecewise?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

quills/bristles/spikes
Projectiles
Shields
Accounting
Scavenging
Fruits
Vegetables
Super Speed
Super Strength
Gloves and armor
Compressed fluids
Area of Effect
Size
Volume (<- Refill body with blood as you use it, drown someone in their own saliva (or tears), compress down and sneak through mouseholes, etc)
Healing (<-original Derm, so I hear)
Ignition/Combustion
Parasites
Ethereal (<-attacks go right through, pass through walls, stick hands through enemy's chest and rip out their organs, etc)
Darkness
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 661