Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 675711 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9525 on: November 04, 2016, 12:40:42 pm »

Idea:

ROLL TO MINIMALIST RTD

YOU ARE GM OF MINIMALIST RTD

YOU ROLL TO MAKE GAME
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9526 on: November 04, 2016, 01:08:26 pm »

Ah, but what would the goal be? To win the most bar fights? To achieve Maximum Inebriation? To survive a plethora of meaningless sexual encounters that only seem like a good idea through the twin lenses of beer goggles and existential dread? To become a local legend in as many pubs, clubs, and tavernubs as possible via an intricate and fickle reputation system?

Or... ALL OF THE ABOVE, with each crawler attempting to achieve their own chosen victory condition while foiling the attempts of their competitors? Perhaps by burning down the tavern once it becomes clear that one of the crawlers is nearing victory? Perhaps while using a dungeon crawler aesthetic and style?

Perhaps?

You have to do the Golden Mile, in the process sorting through your personal issues! There may be spacetime adventures.

Idea:

ROLL TO MINIMALIST RTD

YOU ARE GM OF MINIMALIST RTD

YOU ROLL TO MAKE GAME

It's been done. Many, many times.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 01:11:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: November 04, 2016, 01:14:32 pm »

Can the crawlers also be elven biker Mongols? Please?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: November 04, 2016, 01:44:08 pm »

Can the crawlers also be elven biker Mongols? Please?

It's like the Iditarod, but with ale troughs instead of sled dogs.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: November 04, 2016, 03:24:39 pm »

You guys are forgetting that the pubs are arranged into an infinite sprawl of ever-changing dungeon, and that it's rumored that the one who makes it to the end... top... bottom... okay look, most of the people in here are really drunk and emotionally unstable, you can't expect a coherent story about what you're looking for or where it is. But it's probably pretty neat, and that's all the excuse you need to classify it as an EPIC ADVENTURE! rather than the inebriated desperation you had previously penciled in.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: November 04, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »

You guys are forgetting that the pubs are arranged into an infinite sprawl of ever-changing dungeon, and that it's rumored that the one who makes it to the end... top... bottom... okay look, most of the people in here are really drunk and emotionally unstable, you can't expect a coherent story about what you're looking for or where it is. But it's probably pretty neat, and that's all the excuse you need to classify it as an EPIC ADVENTURE! rather than the inebriated desperation you had previously penciled in.

Oooh, so now it's like a softball Beer League where any door will open if you chug a flagon of something or other. They still get to be elven mongol bikers, right? All tearing down a winding non-Euclidean hellroad through an interstitial void while out of their mind on whatever this infinite series of dungeon pubs can find to brew, pulling into a courtyard/parking lot suspended in eternal night, getting past the bouncer and into the new pub's hooch.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: November 04, 2016, 04:07:11 pm »

If there's no Orginal Content objections, I think imma do it.

The presence is that several beings from varying worlds have fallen into the Drink Dimension, and must pass through an endless succession of booze-ups, pubs and licensed establishments in order to return to their own universe.

I like the first bit, but the idea of players objectives taking them out the game seems bad.

Also, how to deal with stuff mechanics-wise? Considering having people grow more and more powerful the drunker they are til they pass out.
Or I dunno. Because boozing itself, while a fine thing in a RTD, generally ends in unconsciousness.
One wheel short of a wagon

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: November 04, 2016, 05:00:40 pm »

Also, how to deal with stuff mechanics-wise? Considering having people grow more and more powerful the drunker they are til they pass out.
Or I dunno. Because boozing itself, while a fine thing in a RTD, generally ends in unconsciousness.

Possibly bad ideas that immediately came to mind:

Maybe players could gain stat bonuses as they got increasingly drunk, based on what sort of drunk their character is? Angry drunks gain strength bonuses, stubborn gain willpower, goofy drunks would get, I dunno, a bonus to initiative or something (if that's a thing), etc. Everybody gets a dex malus. Maybe certain brews could have additional bonuses/maluses associated with them.

Orrrrrrr, every time somebody's BAC goes up by a certain amount, roll a die, and add a corresponding modifier from some sort of "booze-effects" table. Some effects have bonuses, some have maluses, some have both. As you increase your BAC, you roll larger and larger dice. Lower numbers on the table would be generally milder effects, while higher numbers would give you larger bonuses and maluses, or render you unconscious.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: November 04, 2016, 05:18:09 pm »

Some sort of combination...

As people's BAC increases, their ability to manipulate the drunk dimension increases. Their ability for ordinary things decreses correspondingly...?

Gain sobriety by moving/discovering new worlds?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: November 04, 2016, 05:40:56 pm »

Martials are sober, wizards are blind drunk?

...seems pretty standard.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: November 04, 2016, 06:03:40 pm »

Failing rolls gains sobriety. Pubs lead into one another through portals. Some pubs are connected to another world or dimension.

Your powers when drunk increase according roughly to BAC, and involve a) manipulation of the drunk dimension, so gravity, portals, non-euclidean spacebending, matrix stuff, creation of new parts of the drunk dimension, etc and b) whatever speciality your character chooses e.g. wolves, fire, guns, toadstools, electronics, etc.

Martials are sober, wizards are blind drunk?

...seems pretty standard.
More of drunks get really big stuff done, they're the muscle. Sobers do the finesse that requires accuracy rather than wild overshoots.

Six characters, replace on death. Character gen completely\pretty much open.

No real aim, thats for characters.

Should be pretty doable.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: November 04, 2016, 07:03:08 pm »

So... here's a sample OP for the PUBCRAWL:
~~~
Lo! Ye seek the Mug of Perpetual and Perfect Booze! It lies at the bottom of the Labyrpub, a massive 3-dimensional maze made of pubs from a variety of different worlds! As you go through the Labyrpub, you will become more and more drunk, granting you more power and more insanity! You will gain loot! And maybe allies!

Just hope that you're the first to make it to the Mug, for 5 others seek to take it as well...

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Non-Unique Bestiary: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Known Thus Far: (click to show/hide)

Anybody have suggestions?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: November 05, 2016, 12:18:46 am »

The pubs should have different themes; at the very least one should offer karaoke.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: November 05, 2016, 09:42:49 am »

FoU:Other than 'post the link here' not at all!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: November 05, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »

So... you gonna do it, FoU?

Because I'm considering it.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 661