Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 678608 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9840 on: September 13, 2018, 05:00:51 pm »

I've always wondered what makes a good loot generator. I briefly ran a loot death match here some years ago and I remember my generator being some incoherent mash of excel sheets and stuff I just sorta winged
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9841 on: September 13, 2018, 05:07:11 pm »

I don't know how the generator works, but there seems to be too many "gas" effects. Maybe some could be smoke, flames, a splash of liquid, dust, webs, beams of light, etc?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: September 13, 2018, 05:09:32 pm »

I've always wondered what makes a good loot generator. I briefly ran a loot death match here some years ago and I remember my generator being some incoherent mash of excel sheets and stuff I just sorta winged
Sounds about accurate to the first Looter's Delight generator though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: September 22, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »

Oooooh I love loot generators!

Also hey guys guess who's back because they've decided to catalogue all the RTD characters they ever made?

It's me.

I'm back.

And I...I think I'm going to start Mall Fight up again. With like...actually planning? And a plot? Because like...I'm an adult? With writing skills for once?

Anyone think they might want to hop onboard for that once it comes around in like a week or so?

Edit: During that weird little downtime the site had I managed to throw together most of the stuff I need to get it running for the first few chapters, so this is definitely going to be happening, if anyone is interested in joining!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:06:48 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: November 26, 2018, 07:12:24 pm »

Hey, anyone want a dungeon crawling rtd? I should have some free time in a few weeks. Chunky salsa, overshoots, death and cyberpunky.

Edit: OR, a perplexicon.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:17:46 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: November 27, 2018, 06:59:52 am »

I would be interested.

You know, I've had this idea for a while: An RTD in which the players are mooks protecting a final dungeon from a party of adventurers. Mooks evolve into stronger variants and forms upon death depending of the way they died and how much experience they gathered before dying. The more a monster survives before getting killed, the more experience they gain for their next life.

For example, lets say a player has a slime-class monster. They find the adventurers and are instantly killed with a torch. Next time they are able to evolve, they can either transform into a bigger slime from a different color or become a fire slime.

It would probably be semiminimalistic and with as many RPG tropes as possible. I might run it later when I have free time and if there's any interest on the concept.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: November 27, 2018, 12:20:08 pm »

I would be interested.

You know, I've had this idea for a while: An RTD in which the players are mooks protecting a final dungeon from a party of adventurers. Mooks evolve into stronger variants and forms upon death depending of the way they died and how much experience they gathered before dying. The more a monster survives before getting killed, the more experience they gain for their next life.

For example, lets say a player has a slime-class monster. They find the adventurers and are instantly killed with a torch. Next time they are able to evolve, they can either transform into a bigger slime from a different color or become a fire slime.

It would probably be semiminimalistic and with as many RPG tropes as possible. I might run it later when I have free time and if there's any interest on the concept.

That does sound like an interesting concept.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: November 27, 2018, 05:16:36 pm »

Sounds like a really cool idea. Now I'm trying to think about how to make that work with 5th edition D&D monsters.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: November 28, 2018, 07:06:44 am »

I think the only things currently stopping me from making a thread is that: I won't have any free time until December as I was unexpectedly busy the whole month, and that I still don't have a name for it yet.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: November 30, 2018, 01:37:27 am »

Monster Dungeon?

Monster: the Dungeoning

Monster Evolution

Dungeon Defense

This Isn't Even My Final Form!

You're welcome :P

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:17 am »

One of those would work, but I was hoping for something that didn't have "Monster" on the title, to not be too similar to You are a Monster (another RTD about evolving monsters.)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: December 01, 2018, 03:12:46 pm »

Dungeon Rush

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: December 13, 2018, 02:44:38 am »

I feel like a plotless roll to shoot em up game that's even simpler than starship troopers.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: December 13, 2018, 10:24:47 am »

I feel like a plotless roll to shoot em up game that's even simpler than starship troopers.

I'm seconding this.
it's over

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: December 13, 2018, 09:23:04 pm »

I would definitely play it, though I feel like it should have some deep, thoughtful and entirely superfluous backstory that exists purely to be ignored by the players and their bloodthirsty, one-dimensional characters and make the chaos and destruction they cause all the more entertaining.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 661