Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660]

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 404309 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9885 on: December 22, 2018, 09:19:40 pm »

My attempt to convert ammo tables into a simple not over-engineered roll to dodge system

*Six dense posts full of mechanics follow*

Oh, Aigre, how I've missed your unique game systems.  I'll try to read over this and give my thoughts, but, uh, I'll be pretty busy in the near future.  May I suggest you put each of those posts fully inside a spoiler?  It would make it all much easier to parse.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9886 on: December 31, 2018, 12:40:54 pm »

Unoriginal idea for an antagonist:

Islamic Terrorists Freedom fighters... Lots and lots and lots of islamic fighters. Islam has the world's largest growing demographic in the world. Because Muslims seem to be breeding faster than any other ideological group, and they seem to be resilient to conversion to other religions and belief systems.

What about an armed Islamic conflict within western society. Perhaps the combatants are helped along by mass immigration, with combatants infiltrating along with refugees. But once west, Jihad is unleashed upon the free world.

Players would be first responders, maybe policemen, maybe an elite unit of some kind of special forces or mercenary group. A campaign would take the players from terrorist incident to terrorist incident where the PCs will be in the midst of war crimes in the making and have to deal with armed terrorists in a civilian heavy area of operations.

The heavy civilian presence also justifies the use of precision units and keeps tanks and heavy fire support (mostly) out of the picture.

Notes:
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: December 31, 2018, 01:33:07 pm »

I was thinking about a kind of dinner party game. The characters are various distant relatives of this super-wealthy guy who has died recently and left a strange will behind: having no immediate family living, his fortune will be split amongst his more distant relatives by five of his closest friends and confidants, based upon how well these relatives fare in various tests of physicality, morality, and social etiquette. The game would take place over only a week or so, and the challenge would be in first figuring out what these five executors of the will value in a potential inheritor, and then convincing them that you fit that bill exactly.

I like the idea of the game placing emphasis on social graces, mental aptitude, and deception. And I think the competitiveness of it could lead to some quality back-stabbings, so to speak, as the various heirs work to undermine each other while scrabbling for the top. A kind of lobsters-in-a-bucket situation.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: January 30, 2019, 08:46:06 am »

So, what's the average wait time on players like these days? I remember these boards moving significantly faster, once upon a time.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: February 04, 2019, 10:44:08 am »

Things definitely seems to be slower than before. I only have 2 players in my game, and that's been on the front page for more than a week. (Then again, maybe it's just not that interesting of a game)

Here's my question: Since it's so hard to get new players for games, what are some ways to get people to sign up?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • D'yeh feel that stirrin', longfriends?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: February 04, 2019, 10:58:02 am »

To be honest, I've never had trouble grabbing players even despite my habit of immediately losing interest in everything I try to run. :V

Though, the usual rules for catching people's attention apply. The title should be something people find worth clicking on, and the OP should start with a reason to keep reading.
TL;DR Clickbait. Use clickbait.
There can be no escape, only victory.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONSUMES_VERMIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: February 04, 2019, 12:27:36 pm »

Nothing wrong with advertising tastefully in different places. Your sigtext, for instance, the channels for idle chatter in other games you're a part of, b12 discords you're in, etc.

The players are often out there and willing, but just don't know their options.
I'm not around much anymore. I'll still check PMs though.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I too do games. The series I use are a multiverse gimmick in which “clusters” fall under catergorybif one and other games in other clusters.

Current games are Urban fantasy/sci fi with shower of horror

Honest to goodness sci fi conflicts.

Survival community games

And combat sports. ( One is fantasy world gladiator. The other is basically Mad World, but crazier.)

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not very good at making RtD games: the rules keep getting overly complicated.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660]