Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699487 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 06:44:50 pm »

Hm... that might actually be a good choice.

I think I'll have starting HP at 15 or so, so players can sustain a bit of damage but not too much. Give them the ability to increase that via a stat with a name like "toughness", too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2011, 03:34:04 am »

Here's what I've got out.

Quote from: Omghugewtfwowzerz
Spoiler: Story -P (click to show/hide)

If this RTD looks daunting, don't worry, you only have to read the spoilers with -N on them to sign up. -P are partially optional, containing important but not 100% necessary information when creating your char. -O ones are optional, simply telling you how things work. You don't have to read them to sign up, but it's a good idea to check them sometime.

I plan for this RTD to have 6 players. However, if the slots and waiting list fill up fast, I'll open 8 slots.

Remember, BOLD YOUR ACTIONS. Non-bolded actions are UNACCEPTABLE.

Spoiler: Chaos -O (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat -O (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes -N (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet -N (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Sheet -P (click to show/hide)

Yeah, it's huge at 16980+ characters, I got carried away. But remember that a bit is not actually needed, and quite a bit is non-essential (but still important). Also, a decent amount of the stuff in important spoilers may be fluff text. I really hope it doesn't push too many of you away with it's size. If you see things I could cut down in or confusing, say so. Also, yeah, it's unorganized but then again it's late here and I don't really want to organize it right now. I'll likely organize, change up other small mistakes, and add small things before I start. I will accept reserves if you want to reserve.

Ed: Minor fixing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:02:54 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2011, 03:45:36 am »

Interesting! Would definitely like to reserve a spot.

Not sure how I feel about the skill/player level relationship, but I'm not sure it's bad.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2011, 03:57:44 am »

Not sure how I feel about the skill/player level relationship, but I'm not sure it's bad.
I thought about an XP level system, but then there's the problem of having to track both XP and skill points... which would take up more time in the long run.

Besides, XP and skill seem to be the same thing when you think about it. You learn when you do stuff, same with XP.

Anyway, You're first on Reserve List.txt. Congratulations! You get a worthless internet cookie!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:03:05 am by Tarran »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2011, 07:50:15 am »

Your RTD certainly sounds interesting

if you are going up for it, Reserve slot for me

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2011, 09:53:35 am »

RESERVE A SPOT FOR ME TOO!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2011, 11:13:47 am »

I've actually had an I dea in my head for awhile of have an RTD based completely on Alchemy...
What do you think? Yes? No?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2011, 11:16:28 am »

Random epic thought:

Magicka RTD.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2011, 11:23:49 am »

Random epic thought:

Magicka RTD.
please explain.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2011, 11:24:15 am »

Spoiler: Application to Tarran (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2011, 11:25:36 am »

You know.

Magicka.

The epic thing of mass team killing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2011, 01:18:49 pm »

doesn't ring a bell, sorry  :-\
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2011, 02:50:25 pm »

Done.

RESERVE A SPOT FOR ME TOO!
Done.

Spoiler: Application to Tarran (click to show/hide)
Really nice, except the HP listed in Toughness and your HP listed above is different, and you shouldn't get +1 to using a weapon that uses strength, you should get -1, as you're below the break-even point of 10 points.

Also, Dual Shields FTW.

Anyway, I don't think it's a good idea to make the character sheet before the final version of the rules are made, since some things may change.

I'll start the RTD when I'm not so bummed down after helping my father cutting wood and moving it around without having eaten any breakfast except a juice drink before it...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2011, 02:55:38 pm »

what? oh ok. I'm fine with that, just change it up a bit and I'll be good 2 go. when the final rules are done I'll look over again though.
what?

My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »

what?
I challenge your what with a:

...what? Why are you what'ing? What are you confused about?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 661