Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702335 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #945 on: June 26, 2011, 03:39:59 am »

Some may die without getting to the end, I wanted a RTD which strongly focused on the point "Your going to Die soon".
I did an RTD like that once...heheh... FUN...
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 26, 2011, 03:46:44 am »

Some may die without getting to the end, I wanted a RTD which strongly focused on the point "Your going to Die soon".
I did an RTD like that once...heheh... FUN...
Well, this is more story based though. A Story about a group of heroes struggling against the odds, and failing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 26, 2011, 01:28:19 pm »

and the two teasm of four I have only seen in Wraith
CvRTD :V

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:08 pm »

and the two teasm of four I have only seen in Wraith
CvRTD :V
I haven't been on the CvRTD thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 27, 2011, 09:46:27 am »

Alright, you guys, just about to start up a Zelda RTD on my forum (which is currently down for now as they're doing server maintenance on the one I'm hosted on  >:()

This is what I've got of the rules and stuff so far.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roll table (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat and stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills and spells (click to show/hide)

Do you foresee any fatal flaws in my combat system or other things?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:53:09 am by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

There was only one hero of time. Unless you count the coolguy and the troll :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:52 am »

I would probably change Gorons to either have +1 to strength-based rolls or +1 to AV due to tough hide. If you put Gorons on strength I would then give the +AV to Zoras so that way you don't have three races that are kind of the same except for the Hylians clearly being far superior to the Gorons or the Zoras. (Obviously I'm not counting the Zora's ability to breathe underwater, just their numerical bonus.) Anyway that's just my opinion.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 27, 2011, 10:01:43 am »

Well, in Wind Waker, you can clearly see that there is a previous incarnation of Link in the old Hyrule, before the current Link. So they're all Link, all the Hero of Time (even though he doesn't necessarily partake in time shenanigans across all games, but that's the title I'm using), just different incarnations. That's what I mean when I number them (although we don't really have a timeline, so I'm just going to say that the Link from the original LoZ is the first Hero. So, this takes place before LoZ. In other words, before Zelda [her first incarnation?] was first captured.) Perhaps it would be easier just to say "Hero of Hyrule".

I would probably change Gorons to either have +1 to strength-based rolls or +1 to AV due to tough hide. If you put Gorons on strength I would then give the +AV to Zoras so that way you don't have three races that are kind of the same except for the Hylians clearly being far superior to the Gorons or the Zoras. (Obviously I'm not counting the Zora's ability to breathe underwater, just their numerical bonus.) Anyway that's just my opinion.

That's what I'll do, then. I think I'll give the gorons strength-based roll bonuses in addition to non-weapon attack bonuses. And I'll give Zoras +1 AV in addition to +1 for all rolls underwater. Or maybe that's a wee bit much in addition to underwater breathing... but then maybe not, depending on how often it comes up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:03:26 am by freeformschooler »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 27, 2011, 10:05:26 am »

Actuilly except for like 3 or 4 games its all the same Link, Wind Waker Link and Twilight Princess Links are new Links, the rest are the same person. Also, the 'canon' 'First Link' was Ocarina of Time.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:02 am »

Actuilly except for like 3 or 4 games its all the same Link, Wind Waker Link and Twilight Princess Links are new Links, the rest are the same person. Also, the 'canon' 'First Link' was Ocarina of Time.

I substitute your canon for my fanon, where LoZ Link was a unique, first incarnation.

But that's good to know.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 27, 2011, 10:10:16 am »

That's true too. Unless there's an area where there's a lot of underwater sections, then a Zora's ability to breath/fight underwater won't be quite as useful. On the other hand, if you do make such an area... it's very situational. ^^;

Also, I wouldn't worry about the canon of LoZ too much. Like Castlevania, it's been screwed around with so much no one knows what's going on and when it's supposed to be going on, which is why I threw a lot of the canon out the window when I started my CvRTD. So long as you don't include anything to make one player more clearly the 'main' character (like how I don't have a Belmont or the Vampire Killer for that reason) things should be fine.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:52 am »

Nah, it's gonna be more like playing generic Toads and Koopas in a Mario RTD. Speaking of which, I'm loving this system (with some ideas stolen from DivideByZero's godly DF RTD :D) already. The complicatedness draws me in, and all rolls are on the GM's side. It's going to be interesting to see how well it works out.

The combat system, mostly, was designed so that nothing at the start of the game can one-shot a player character.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 27, 2011, 10:25:27 am »

Actually, "the rest" were several Links too. LttP, LA, and the oracle games were the same Link, the four sword games had at least 2 Links (5 if you count the colors seperately), and the first two games were another Link.

Damn I'm such a tool.

Oh and Spirit Tracks is another Link.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:28:54 am by Darvi »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 27, 2011, 10:26:18 am »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 27, 2011, 10:29:28 am »

Mario RTD.
MUST HAPPEN!

Alternately, I would equally love to run a gritty (expect Bobomb-metal broadswords and Fire Flower-sorcery), rules-heavy (similar rules as posted above) Mushroom Kingdom RTD, if you guys are more interested in that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:31:02 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 661