Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702192 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1245 on: August 06, 2011, 12:09:57 pm »

... I May still read the manga.

And several fanfictions.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 07, 2011, 03:34:53 am »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 10, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »

Hey, I am new to GMing in RTDs. Any tips?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 10, 2011, 01:03:31 pm »

Now that we are on the topic of Anime/Manga themed RTD's I had a couple Idea's for a One Piece RTD bouncing around in my head but I'm not very sure about it.
Raggle Fraggle

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 10, 2011, 01:10:22 pm »

Fniff, do you know that somebody wrote a Fallout PnP game? Im sure you could take that system and simplify it for forum use. It has a bunch of source books too.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 10, 2011, 01:17:16 pm »

Again, new. I'm just looking for tips on how to make a plot without railroading or ways to not anger your players.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 10, 2011, 01:20:13 pm »

Hey, I am new to GMing in RTDs. Any tips?

Give your players a clear goal. Don't make the system too complex to update with. Have variety in your game, hack-and-slash will get boring fast, atleast for you. Uhh... don't be afraid to hurt your players. Remember, they're not people.[/s]

FAKE EDIT:
or ways to not anger your players.

NOT PEOPLE
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 10, 2011, 01:24:04 pm »

Fniff, just a few general tips (I was very new to GMing RTDs before doing MKWRTD):

-Think out an RTD before you start it. Mechanics, everything. Doesn't have to be complex, simple works fine.
-STAY INVESTED. If you're bored, make the next turn more interesting to you somehow! The game's not fun unless the GM is having fun, and the worst thing that can happen to an RTD is inactivity death.
-Make sure your players have a goal to work towards. If they don't they can tend to get bored.
-Don't be afraid to change things up a little. Players are usually there to play and have fun, not to rules lawyer.
-Players LOVE customization.

Fakedit: NINJA. Yeah, like Hellhound said, don't be afraid to hurt or kill of players.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 10, 2011, 01:26:34 pm »

Whenever I gm IRL I generally give my players a push in the right direction and let it roll from there. If they dont go in the right direction, I normally have a back up plan. Oh, and while the fallout pnp game is fairly complicated, I think it would be easy to convert for forum use. Its a must play for fallout fans that dont feel like coming up with their own system. Meaning, the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. System was converted from the video game to table top form.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:00:41 pm by jc6036 »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 10, 2011, 01:56:31 pm »

Bluh, I tried to simplify it for forum use. The game is really meant for playing it live, with other people.

Generally when I GM I have a basic vision of where the story could go, but if a player chooses to do something else im fine with it. Besides, most of the story stuff in my game is made up on the fly, im not really the kind of person who plans things out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 10, 2011, 02:11:29 pm »

Thanks guys. That's nice advice.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 10, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »

You're welcome. The only thing I could really run from a phone is a free form, and I dont have any good ideas currently. T.T   It would be nice to GM a RTD, but thats just not gonna happen on phone net.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:25 pm »

My pangs of regret for dropping Roll to Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake. Are welling up again. The only issue I had with it was that I think I was attempting to do to many systems at once and didnt really have any cohesive system. Any suggestions?
Raggle Fraggle

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »

Well, how many rolls were you doing every turn? Maybe you could have limited the number of players. From what I figured, the system looked fine to me.

Oh, and If your bringing it back, count me in.

If your starting it over again, count me in. I loved playing mission control for other players, it was a cool thing. ;D
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 661