Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702160 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2115 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:52 pm »

Probably not... We could maybe do a roundabout one that still includes the end-act bosses...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: November 19, 2011, 02:02:07 pm »

A question: has anyone ever actually started an RTD/used a system suggested in this thread? This thread is great for getting ideas and criticism for your own game ideas, but I've yet to see the former happen.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: November 19, 2011, 02:03:37 pm »

The Endless RTD counts since it was first suggested here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: November 19, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »

Yep, but the person who suggested it is running it, and started it :/

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: November 19, 2011, 02:07:06 pm »

And anyone remember Pattern Anamoly? Or was that in FG&RP?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 19, 2011, 02:26:46 pm »

@Powder Miner: How is this for a first Act spoiler? As if I just needed an excuse to write bad fiction, yes. :P
Also, tell me you have a combat system prepared...

Diablo RTD
Act 1:The Siege of Duncraig

You want a story? Very well then.

Once upon a time, our Duncraig was the proudest city in all of West March, it's true capital in all but name. Her walls were impregnable, Her soldiers the most well trained in the land, and her people prosperous and happy, for the most part...but, nothing lasts forever, as you can see.

The destruction of the Worldstone has bought us years of peace, at a price-our long watch has finally grown complacent, and we now allow ourselves to believe that perhaps the horrors of the Demonic invasions were a thing of the past. They were now stories we could tell our grandchildren to reassure them we had no more reason to be afraid. That's what I told mine. We lied. We all lied.

The sky has begun to boil once more-fell shadows in the clouds, searching and marking those who might defy them... I do not have eyes to see, but I know. I can smell it on the air. There is something...under the ground you stand on now. Something they want, and they will come through here to get it...Years ago I fought them-and we won, and Sanctuary lived. But, how little we enjoyed our victory...so many of us, dead and gone. Or worse than dead. The day I put out my eyes to keep the visions away..I knew that Hell had a long memory, and would never forgive those who dared stand against it, then or now.

So, who will fight this time? Who will save this world? Who will stand against them?

What hope could you ever have?

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 19, 2011, 03:24:49 pm »

I had been about to say that a dungeon crawl a la CvRTD might be fine, but that works too.

I'm going to use the same system I used in my dead Thearchy RTD- although I can't set it up today, watching movie with dad.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2122 on: November 20, 2011, 04:15:31 pm »

Yep. That sounds like the makings of a true classic. :D
Just imagine, a Bay12 roadtrip. The booze, (actually pure alchohol and thus rather lethal) the babes, (psychotic knife murderers/werewolves or something in disguise) the wheels (a stolen cement mixer/tractor/icecream truck) and the open road...
As we try to get to the next B12 meetup on time, despite being on the other side of the/a country, hopelessly lost and at each other's throats.
This is actually starting to sound pretty good, but I can't help but think it might be better as a RP. The more the merrier, being a road trip and all.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: November 20, 2011, 04:17:24 pm »

Just imagine, a Bay12 roadtrip. The booze, (actually pure alchohol and thus rather lethal) the babes, (psychotic knife murderers/werewolves or something in disguise) the wheels (a stolen cement mixer/tractor/icecream truck) and the open road...
As we try to get to the next B12 meetup on time, despite being on the other side of the/a country, hopelessly lost and at each other's throats.
This is actually starting to sound pretty good, but I can't help but think it might be better as a RP. The more the merrier, being a road trip and all.
A freeform RP in terms of the old "Keeping up with Bay12" thing would be interesting. Minus all of the crazy stupid combat that happened in that rp and the collapse of the story under the weight of all of the mary sues, but I'd be interested.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: November 20, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »

A freeform RP in terms of the old "Keeping up with Bay12" thing would be interesting. Minus all of the crazy stupid combat that happened in that rp and the collapse of the story under the weight of all of the mary sues, but I'd be interested.

Wasn't that the hideous 1400+ page nightmare of insanity and mod-expurgated sex?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: November 20, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »

Wasn't that the hideous 1400+ page nightmare of insanity and mod-expurgated sex?
Well, it was more like an 100+ page nightmare of bad roleplaying and trenchcoating/marysues/garysues/everythingbadeverhappeningatonce.

I did get a list of people I never want to roleplay with again from that experience though. People didn't understand that a bunch of people living in an apartment meant "No combat roleplaying" apparently.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: November 20, 2011, 04:35:29 pm »

I just stopped after awhile, because people were making it based on combat :(

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: November 20, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

Same. I mean, I really just wanted a nice non-combat RP...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 20, 2011, 04:39:38 pm »

Congrats, you now know what me and Fniff talk about every single fucking day.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: November 20, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »

I really liked it until people started making it seem .... meh.

Congrats, you now know what me and Fniff talk about every single fucking day.
Why do you talk about it everyday ?
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 661