Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702185 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2385 on: November 22, 2011, 10:54:57 pm »

No he didn't. Pirates, ninjas, cyborgs, mutants, witch hunters, rebel scum, superheroes, genetic experiments, and sentai squads can all be dwarven, and the golems and robots can be of dwarven make. I'm going with the non-magical dwarf standard on this of course. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 22, 2011, 11:01:05 pm »

Bags pirates.
Also, if I ran a Pirates-vs-Ninjas RtD it'd be terribly one-sided... Prissy little ninjas with their stealthy cowardly tactics, no match for cutlass an' cannon! :P No, I do not like ninjas, historically or in fiction.

How about, Roll to Ride the Whale Road: A Viking RtD?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 22, 2011, 11:07:50 pm »

Sounds like another one of those ideas that sounds neat but is in serious danger of devolving into "Well that was awesome, I guess now we, uh... uh... pillage another village? Again?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 22, 2011, 11:08:44 pm »

No, I do not like ninjas, historically or in fiction.

I don't dislike ninjas, per se, I just think they're overrated and can be a little tiresome if used overmuch. I think one every once in a while is perfectly fine, though, if the setting wouldn't make having one ridiculous. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 22, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »

Sounds like another one of those ideas that sounds neat but is in serious danger of devolving into "Well that was awesome, I guess now we, uh... uh... pillage another village? Again?"

No! We will pillage a monastery! And then leg it back to our drakkars to escape the local levy!
Or maybe hire ourselves out as mercenaries. Or, uh. I dunno. Sacrifice some Christians? Always fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2390 on: November 22, 2011, 11:14:35 pm »

Axe Cop RTD.

Think. About it.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 22, 2011, 11:18:10 pm »

Five words. Roll to be a Creeper

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 22, 2011, 11:19:00 pm »

Axe Cop RTD.

Think. About it.

FUND IT.
Raggle Fraggle

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 22, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »

No! We will pillage a monastery! And then leg it back to our drakkars to escape the local levy!
Or maybe hire ourselves out as mercenaries. Or, uh. I dunno. Sacrifice some Christians? Always fun.

I imagine it's the kind of thing that would work well for a short-ish RTD. Map with a list 'o places to pillage, maybe with the goal of "see how much crap you can pillage before the English Knights/Navy catch up with you." Players compete with each other to see who can carry off the most loot from each location, for fun and profit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 22, 2011, 11:58:31 pm »

Hey, I might actually do that. I've been a bit too ambitious with my first RtD and it takes me ages to update, although I do like my players. *benevolent proud father smile* I loves me some Vikings, (not literally) so that could be great fun! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:05 am »

You spawn in the middle of the night. You see a player mining some coal, unaware of your existance, just off to your right.

You approach the player, and start your telltale hissss...

BOOM!

[3] You die. Sadly, the player survived somehow and is now frantically running away from the crater you made.

Next Creeper Please!!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 23, 2011, 12:18:48 am »

You spawn in the middle of the night. You see a player mining some coal, unaware of your existance, just off to your right.

You approach the player, and start your telltale hissss...

BOOM!

[3] You die. Sadly, the player survived somehow and is now frantically running away from the crater you made.

Next Creeper Please!!

There is only one Creeper, and all creepers are that creeper.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 23, 2011, 12:21:22 am »

Hey, I might actually do that. I've been a bit too ambitious with my first RtD and it takes me ages to update, although I do like my players. *benevolent proud father smile* I loves me some Vikings, (not literally) so that could be great fun! :D

I was just thinking of making a viking raider game myself. Already planned out starting classes and weapons and made a neat little map in hexographer. IT IS FATE.

We should totally co-operate.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 23, 2011, 01:09:11 am »

Hooray for cooperation! Here's the plan: You do all the work, I lounge about looking self-important and taking all the credit. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 23, 2011, 01:10:20 am »

Hooray for cooperation! Here's the plan: You do all the work, I lounge about looking self-important and taking all the credit. :D

Ooh, good plan. I can co-operate with that.

Also, funny idea that I just remembered I was going to put forward. Why has no one done a 'Roll to be a Ninja! Naruto Style' RTD yet?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 661