Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702206 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2655 on: December 02, 2011, 08:27:57 pm »

I'm more interested in Demons path RTD really. It seems more interesting, I dunno.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:28 pm »

That would make 2-3 interested in the demon one versus one interested in the dark lord one, which I guess isn't too surprising.

So I guess now the question would be, "What exactly sounds so nice about a mutating demon RTD?"

More specifically, should I go with literal mutations or just general increase in ability? There'd probably be at least some elements of both, obviously.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »

I would say literal mutations based on how they player plays, and what actions they take.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 02, 2011, 09:05:03 pm »

I prefer tangible mutations over increases in ability while having both.

The more mutations you have, the harder it is to get more, but the more powerful they are.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:18 pm »

I prefer tangible mutations over increases in ability while having both.

The more mutations you have, the harder it is to get more, but the more powerful they are.
They could also have more costly downsides

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 02, 2011, 09:12:24 pm »

Maybe. *sniff* Maybe...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: December 02, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »

I'd prefer this:
I would say literal mutations based on how they player plays, and what actions they take.
But instead, give us a few selections. Like, say, I'm sneaking around a lot. I don't want to automatically be given a mutation to have more silent feet, I want a mutation that allows me to turn invisible. Or maybe I'm swinging a mace around a lot. I don't want a mutation that allows me to stun enemies, I want a mutation that allows me to knock them back a few feet.

Maybe. *sniff* Maybe...
You don't like downsides?

Well, you're not alone. I don't like things with downsides either. I mean, for me, bad downsides usually seem much worse than potential upsides.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: December 02, 2011, 09:15:05 pm »

Agree with Tarran on branching mutations; Draignean gives similar options with perks in Dev-22 iirc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 02, 2011, 09:45:04 pm »

Would anyone here be interested in another arena based RTD? I know there's 3 already but another can't hurt can it?

It'd probably depend on how you go about differentiating yours from the crowd.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 02, 2011, 09:55:20 pm »

was thinking of future one Like in the TRON movie and also some form of sudden death... hmm may have to flesh it out a bit more

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: December 02, 2011, 11:05:10 pm »

Hm... so instead of mutating every time you roll a 6, you want to be given a list of options at certain intervals?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 02, 2011, 11:06:35 pm »

0-0

E-every time?

Do that!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 02, 2011, 11:07:13 pm »

I'd prefer the list of options myself. Maybe a combination of the two where every time you roll a 6 you get an option?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 02, 2011, 11:16:51 pm »

So, as above but you're insatiably greedy? :P

Note that I'm probably going to want this to be fairly serious, so your dreams of mutating severely each and every turn probably aren't going to come true. Or put another way, which option do you want assuming the power levels end up roughly the same?*

*Note that since being assigned a mutation is (generally) less beneficial than choosing one, I assume the raw power of random mutations would be a bit higher to cover for potential uselessness or lack of synergy, but not by very much.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 02, 2011, 11:19:39 pm »

^^^ I understand. Maybe it should be an option for each player. There's the option of choosing from a few mutations every so often, or the option of getting them randomly but most likely quicker, sort of thing...
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 661