Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702280 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3030 on: December 31, 2011, 11:51:55 pm »

More feedback on my first RTD would help with encouragement for another.  :wink nudge:
Taking a glance at it I like it, I really like how the player's get to be creative in it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3031 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:07 pm »

More feedback on my first RTD would help with encouragement for another.  :wink nudge:
Taking a glance at it I like it, I really like how the player's get to be creative in it.

That's really good :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 31, 2011, 11:56:02 pm »

I've never actually read it, since it seemed too small and pointless for me. I don't doubt wailing on each other in an arena for a bit can be fun, but it's just not enough to get me interested.

I do now notice that it involves custom robots, though, which is certainly good in theory.

Dragons are awesome. I try to update. I type three words before quitting.
:-\

Dunno then. Is there anything in particular making you say screw this?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 31, 2011, 11:59:11 pm »

Anyways, would anyone be interested in a simplified run your own nation game with 1700's-1800's technology?

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: January 01, 2012, 12:03:37 am »

Anyways, would anyone be interested in a simplified run your own nation game with 1700's-1800's technology?

Make it in the 1300's-1400's, and I most definitely would.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: January 01, 2012, 12:10:12 am »

Not enough mad science/horrible schemes for my tastes. It's like, sure, I guess I could try to make everyone's life better or amass a lot of iron or something, but where's the madness? Where's the ambition? Where's the glory?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: January 01, 2012, 12:12:12 am »

Not enough mad science/horrible schemes for my tastes. It's like, sure, I guess I could try to make everyone's life better or amass a lot of iron or something, but where's the madness? Where's the ambition? Where's the glory?
Hm, you know what I think I can include both mad science and my love of 1800's technology. You'll start out with normal 1800's technology plus basic steampunk tech, then expand from there. Does that sound good?
Welcome to Reality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: January 01, 2012, 12:14:31 am »

Yes.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: January 01, 2012, 12:19:03 am »

Hm, you know what I think I can include both mad science and my love of 1800's technology. You'll start out with normal 1800's technology plus basic steampunk tech, then expand from there. Does that sound good?
Sounds like berserk crab golems.

That's a yes.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: January 01, 2012, 12:27:00 am »

Ew. I can't stand steampunk...Good luck with it though.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: January 01, 2012, 01:22:23 am »

Hm. Sense of duty helps for me, especially when turns are fairly easy to run and thus I have no excuse.
Yeah, sense of duty helps severely.

Also sense of needing to freaking do something today also helps.

I'm sure we can all agree it's a lot more fun to think up of a new RTD than actually running it :P
Also, this. :<
Agreed.

Ew. I can't stand steampunk...Good luck with it though.
I can't stand steampunk either. In my opinion, go future tech, modern, or medieval fantasy or get the hell out. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: January 01, 2012, 01:31:47 am »

High magic or nothing.

*evil grin*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: January 01, 2012, 01:51:31 am »

I like high fantasy better too, but at least you can wear a monocle and a tophat with steampunk.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: January 01, 2012, 01:52:18 am »

I have a feeling Derm likes it mostly because he can turn Eldritch Horrors into his personal toys.

EDIT: >.>
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:24:53 am by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: January 01, 2012, 02:11:40 am »

That comma. I hate it. I hate it with the intensity of a thousand suns.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 661