Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702172 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

...skeleton pops out altogether Sorry what? I was writing something down. *Deftly hides notebook in the chest o' horrors.*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Okay, all three didn't make me go "oh god" but they did all make me smile. :D

Man, I must be really desensitized to virtual violence.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Now, how would I create a system that works... o_o
And also is relatively freeform. Maybe I'll reuse TPN's system but with changes...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the future, I was thinking of hosting an unconventional WWII game about a rag-tag team of underground fighters that go around on missions make the Fascists miserable. Gameplay would be like Saboteur and Red Guerrilla Faction, with multiple people of course. How does this sound to you guys?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Now, how would I create a system that works... o_o
And also is relatively freeform. Maybe I'll reuse TPN's system but with changes...
Depends on your definition of "works."

In the future, I was thinking of hosting an unconventional WWII game about a rag-tag team of underground fighters that go around on missions make the Fascists miserable. Gameplay would be like Saboteur and Red Guerrilla Faction, with multiple people of course. How does this sound to you guys?
Too limited and mundane for my tastes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Taking suggestions for my Roll to Team Based combat. Please? It's rather half baked

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Taking suggestions for my Roll to Team Based combat. Please? It's rather half baked

Where is it?

@Owl :: Just how it's laid out, and not too restrictive nor too vague xD

How to define magic is a problem too. TPN has a three domain, three type system that allows generous interpretations for example.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:05:49 pm by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where is it?

@Owl :: Just how it's laid out, and not too restrictive nor too vague xD

How to define magic is a problem too. TPN has a three domain, three type system that allows generous interpretations .
Second page. Bumped.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:02:41 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Ooh, I can see the half-bakeness D:
I don't know.. I think you should take the initiative and divide the people up.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, I can see the half-bakeness D:
I don't know.. I think you should take the initiative and divide the people up.
How come? I was thinking they would divide themselves up then name them.then I would make sure they're even.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

For one, it's much faster. Another reason would be because though I haven't experimented, I'm pretty sure people take a long time and hesitate to commit to a team :p

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How come? I was thinking they would divide themselves up then name them.then I would make sure they're even.
Players are rather lazy. They want to have fun and want to see the GM also trying a little harder than "u can haz rolls, nao divide"

So, divide the teams. Team Elisaz must be composed of only Elisaz.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Players are rather lazy. They want to have fun and want to see the GM also trying a little harder than "u can haz rolls, nao divide"

So, divide the teams. Team Elisaz must be composed of only Elisaz.

Yeah...and those players (with me) know that everything is in the GM's hands, so we don't complain when he takes control and groups our people.

Also, how do people fancy RTDs where you should discover the rules of the world as the players venture out? Basically, what is currently happening in my Wall-O-Text RTD. With magic.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I'm wondering... Are magic types like 'law', 'definition/definity', 'materialness' too vague? :P I'm toting with magic and I find myself going towards TPN-vagueness again.

Should it be more defined and narrow? o_o

Also, what do mages do in mage RTDs? I haven't ever personally been in one, so..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, what do mages do in mage RTDs? I haven't ever personally been in one, so..
Create giant monstrosities. Kill themselves with overly complex magic. Kill teammates with overly complex magic. Try to read a mage RtD from IronyOwl, like Staggered Magi. Or his most recent one, in which my character is also a victim: Outcast Power RTD.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:02:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 661