Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702344 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

a reputable GM such as Gatleos or Draignean
I'm reputable now? It's a wonder anyone joins my RTDs at all, considering their update schedule.

I guess I've kind of disappeared entirely around here the last two weeks. I and my RTDs will be back soon, I just need to get some things sorted out before I have the energy to start updating again.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4516 on: May 27, 2012, 12:46:35 pm »

You made The RTRTD, Eternal, Hero Caddie, etcetera...

There's pretty much no way anyone will ever forget you.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: May 27, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »

Yep.
And you too :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #4518 on: May 27, 2012, 01:51:53 pm »

And this thread practically secures my existence in the RTD history books.

It all works =D
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: May 27, 2012, 04:35:33 pm »

Sadface, I don't think anybody would remember me a half year later if I suddenly disappeared.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: May 27, 2012, 04:52:37 pm »

Only problem is I can't decide which one I like better D:
I wish I had some useful advice here, but being torn between games generally doesn't have a good answer. You could try working on each to see which one shapes up, pretend you've decided to run one and not the others and see how you feel about that, or a bunch of other standard decisionmaking strategies.

In a severe case you could even make them all and then see which ones fail to hold your will to update the quickest...

I'm reputable now? It's a wonder anyone joins my RTDs at all, considering their update schedule.
You're like a much more reliable, prolific Sensei- sure, you leave a trail of broken dreams in your wake, but they were really awesome, hilarious dreams while they lasted.

Sadface, I don't think anybody would remember me a half year later if I suddenly disappeared.
I would! More for Westlands than dragons probably, but dragons too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: May 27, 2012, 04:56:11 pm »

I don't really have a claim to remembrance other than my actions as Derm Hellbinder.

I've ridden that train for a long while, and while I haven't gotten tired of it, it's really the only thing I have.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4522 on: May 27, 2012, 08:19:58 pm »

I suppose I posted the RTD.

I'm looking to Runners of Hyperion as inspiration. o_O

EDIT : I went ahead and did both the Wizards and the Vault one, like IronyOwl said >.>
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:58:02 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: May 27, 2012, 10:40:07 pm »

Hah, I would. Despite me being in only one of your games, you're a memorable character!

a reputable GM such as Gatleos or Draignean
Everyone knows you.  :D

Edit: Character = You.

Games = History of all known run games by Tarran.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:03:34 am by Tiruin »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: May 27, 2012, 11:56:16 pm »

Hah, I would. Despite me being in only one of your games, you're a memorable character!
By character, which one do you mean? Or by "character" do you mean me as me on the forums?

And I only have one game.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:59:27 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

It's time for Stream of Consciousness Game Design with Monk V: The Numerals Are Pointless Because Nobody Cares!

We're back to grand strategy RTD- I've reworked most of this, including the combat (yet again.)
Spoiler: Players/Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Patrician Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Patrician Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units and Generals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

So! As you may have noted, I did do away with the Council of Lords since I couldn't think of a reasonable way to manage that. This is still pretty outline-y; in particular, The World, Patrician Action and Unit/Character Specials all need to be written down and incorporated. I decided to go with the simplified combat route, more Risk and less RPS. Unit special abilities are intended to be rather indirect and have less to do with combat itself- you'll see what I mean when I get around to writing that shit down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #4526 on: June 01, 2012, 05:12:21 pm »

Now you see this thread again.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: June 01, 2012, 07:03:24 pm »

Aw, I killed it, and now I feel bad. On the plus side, this is a pretty big thread, so I might have gotten some good XP for that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: June 01, 2012, 07:11:12 pm »

I keep meaning to get through that and give feedback, but I can't conjure up the effort. D:
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: June 02, 2012, 03:43:37 pm »

More silly ideas.

Deus ex machina: Creation of Intelligence

The players are terraformers, ie Von Neuman machines designed to terraform planets and then nurture a lifeform untill it is ready to set out to the stars, therefore making it technically incapable of going extinct. Unfortunately something went wrong and a large part of the database was wiped, including the genetic blueprint of the inteligent species. Nothing to worry about though, they got some files here about evolution, and a lot of cloning and other machinery, so they can still fix it.

So this is basically a crossover between a Godhood game and an Evolution like game, with the exception the players are AI's, posing as gods and the like. The game is made up of several phases: the terraforming phase, the evolution phase and finally the intelligence phase. While the first will be rather short and end abruptly, the latter might take quite long and blend rather than switch.

Spoiler: Phases (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Some Game mechanics (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 661