Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 677654 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You should probably try to figure out why you can't get the numbers you need, rather than offer some sort of forced labor swap between GMs. :I
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

One of your RTDs has 8 players. That's already a significant amount.

The other RTD has only been around for one day. One. Panicking over one day is absolutely silly. Though it has fallen to the second page, so you may want to bump it so people can see it if nobody else bumps it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:11:23 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Thanks for the advice. I really am fretting over nothing. Instead of having 12 and then whittling down to four, I'll just use the nine I have now and whittle it down to three.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been rereading old RTDs I really liked recently, and I thought that smjames' Demigod RTD was extremely fun and had a very interesting setting, and not just because I spent the whole game psychically wiping the floor with everyone. It's basically a world where in a point in the future, the world was flooded by every mythical creature and god imaginable and many forgotten folks too. Add a few nukes and destruction in and the world reverted to a variety of less advanced technological states, preindustrial for the most part. Society as we know it was pretty much wrecked, modern countries etc. going to hell with living gods mucking about.

The players were descendants of these gods. I played the daughter of a minor Greek spirit of Deceit, the others had their own cool ones. Anyway, this setting definitely needs reviving, and smjames hasn't been on the forums since 2010... we could of course remake the setting as we saw fit as long as the core idea remained the same (and he was credited).

Also, I got the combat system I use to this day in various modified forms from that. Heh. I'd nearly forgotten.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:41:16 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

I've decided that all GMs hate me because it's been around a month since I didn't fail everything.
Also, I swear, Derm is Armok personified in poster form or something. No, Armok is not Armok, that's not insane enough.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've decided that all GMs hate me because it's been around a month since I didn't fail everything.
It's not the fault of the GMs if you roll a 1 again and again and again.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Also, I swear, Derm is Armok personified in poster form or something. No, Armok is not Armok, that's not insane enough.

>:3
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

It's not the fault of the GMs if you roll a 1 again and again and again.
YUS IT IS. :P
Also the dice are trying to kill me help

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YUS IT IS. :P
No it isn't, the rolls of dice are completely out of their control.

Also the dice are trying to kill me help
The dice are trying to kill everyone. It's not really new. :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Hey, the dice only have to come up snake eyes once for you to die, but if you want to live you have to win again and again and again and ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, the dice only have to come up snake eyes once for you to die, but if you want to live you have to win again and again and again and ...

Yeah, since depending on the RtD, critical failures usually yield terrible results and even perfect success and overshoots are obsfuscated by the sheer deadliness of their failure counterparts.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I kinda like staggering wizards approach in crit fails. a [1] on a fire spell would set the warehouse on fire rather than the wizard, as the example given.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So uh, I think I've basically got the zm rules ready, but need some testers for the basic first map. Should I revive the RTD testing thread or what? Don't worry about me already running an rtd, as this one will be relatively simple, and somewhat short as it'll just be a test.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Watcha' Testing? I'll be part of the test if you want.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I said about a page ago, it's basically a Zombie Master rtd. The game is basically a Rts/Fps combo, where the "Zombie Master" spawns and controls zombies and other things to kill the survivors, or do other map goals.

The survivors have their own goal to do as well generally, and not dying tends to help.

The test map will basically be a simple survive for x turns map, just to see how mechanics work together in real play. Balance is the main thing I'll be looking for, likely. Including you, I'd ideally like 6 or so players.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 661