Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 701604 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I've got a new one going now though, you should join in again.
Well, sadly I've been growing out of simple RTDs.

Though... I can't really say no considering there's only one RTD I'm a player in that is active.

Ahh, I'll give it another go. Why not.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Hey, whatever happened to that RTD guide we were talking about cooking up?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

>Token Credit based economy, also based off of Piecewise. Your performance on the battlefield will determine how many credits you gain, which can be purchased on weapons and equipment.
You might want to formalize who exactly is making this decision. In ER, AM would probably give different payouts than Steve does, for instance, and you might have similar issues here. Is it a politician concerned about looking good above all else? A berserk general who wants to see dead aliens and nothing but dead aliens? Someone more balanced and competent?

Basically, some things are going to be subjective in how good or bad they were, especially as tradeoffs (ie rescuing wounded teammates vs chasing wounded alien) so it'd be best to have some kind of unified viewpoint for resolving that.

Given that the funding came from an amalgamation of companies, the determining factor could even vary during the game!  Technocrats running the show?  Finding artifacts is the ticket to payday.  Military hothead in charge?  Kick some alien butt.  Hippies?  Resolving conflict without collateral damage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Hey, whatever happened to that RTD guide we were talking about cooking up?
Same thing that always happens: I got lazy.

Plus, I had difficulty describing things without getting massively long-winded. I'll try some more sometime.

Given that the funding came from an amalgamation of companies, the determining factor could even vary during the game!  Technocrats running the show?  Finding artifacts is the ticket to payday.  Military hothead in charge?  Kick some alien butt.  Hippies?  Resolving conflict without collateral damage.
I think you mean countries (except possibly if you're talking about Apoc), but that's not a bad idea, actually.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Time to pull my thumb out and update my RTD. I actually have some computer time for once.
It's annoying, though; whenever I've been reading up on relevant topics, feeling all inspired and such, I don't have time to update. Whenever I'm tired, lazy and unhappy, that's when I get a decent amount of time on here. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm right there with you Yoink. I'm too busy to be on the computer much these days and when I am there's other stuff I need to do and I can't seem to find any time to work on my own RTD. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I know the feeling...
This is a blank sig.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousandth)
« Reply #5152 on: September 02, 2012, 10:39:06 am »

Back up to the front page we go!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousandth)
« Reply #5153 on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:18 am »

KINGDOM OF LOATHING RTD. SOMEONE. NOW. PLEEEEEEAAASSE.

It could go on for a long time.

Sure it would be complex, but the GM could just study the wiki a lot, and the players would keep track of their meat, equipment, inebriation, and inventory in general.

Although, it would contain many spoilers if it's going to be a Story Mode-esque RTD, with the option of an extra ascension for players that make it all the way.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: September 02, 2012, 01:14:23 pm »

Dude, stop begging everyone again and again to make an RTD of that. If you want it, make it yourself unless someone else volunteers. Since this is the third time you've asked, I'd say no one volunteered.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: September 02, 2012, 01:24:25 pm »

Hey, sorry man. I never meant to bother you. I just can't do it myself, unless I drop a couple of my RTDs. Which I might just do. I'm a newbie to it, so I don't know too much about KoL.

Actually, would any veteran KoL players be willing to Co-GM said RTD with me? This'll be the last time I ask about it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: September 02, 2012, 01:32:42 pm »

Define "veteran".

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: September 02, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »

Well, anyone who finished the game a few times. Done a few Ascensions. I haven't finished one yet.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: September 02, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

Hey there y'all, I was just thinking of trying to start up another RTD, but thought I'd best run it by some people before I take the plunge.
It'd be a futuristic space-based setting, when humans have begun to colonise the rest of the solar system. To give a vague idea of the time, colonisation has occurred all of the way to Pluto, but anything like jump gates haven't happened yet.
The game would work a bit like another game I saw, whereby some players are present on a larger ship, and others drop to planets to perform tasks. I've thought life might get boring for the people on the larger ship, so each episode would have an event taking place there too. Here is the player list I was thinking of:
Large Ship:
Pilot, Head Engineer, Security and 2 secondary pilots (to fly smaller craft such as fighters and bombers). There would also be NPCs to liven things up a tad.
Planet Squad:
This would be a team of 4, consisting of something like an Officer, Heavy Weapons, Medic and Engineer (of the computer, hacking variety).
As a quick summation, how does that sound? Also, if you need more information just ask, and I can make it up on the spot for you. :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: September 02, 2012, 03:26:49 pm »

Hey there y'all, I was just thinking of trying to start up another RTD, but thought I'd best run it by some people before I take the plunge.
It'd be a futuristic space-based setting, when humans have begun to colonise the rest of the solar system. To give a vague idea of the time, colonisation has occurred all of the way to Pluto, but anything like jump gates haven't happened yet.
The game would work a bit like another game I saw, whereby some players are present on a larger ship, and others drop to planets to perform tasks. I've thought life might get boring for the people on the larger ship, so each episode would have an event taking place there too. Here is the player list I was thinking of:
Large Ship:
Pilot, Head Engineer, Security and 2 secondary pilots (to fly smaller craft such as fighters and bombers). There would also be NPCs to liven things up a tad.
Planet Squad:
This would be a team of 4, consisting of something like an Officer, Heavy Weapons, Medic and Engineer (of the computer, hacking variety).
As a quick summation, how does that sound? Also, if you need more information just ask, and I can make it up on the spot for you. :D
I'm sorry, but that just brings TF2 to mind. Speaking of which, has anyone ever had a TF2 RTD that lasted a while?
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 661