Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702207 times)

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousandth)
« Reply #5205 on: September 22, 2012, 09:21:53 pm »

Well, my Idea is basically this: A Sonic RTD where people make their own characters, while official canon characters are played by the RTD guy. It'd probably be a Mission-based plot divided by chapters. Once in a while the towns that the group would undoubtedly go into would have shops, where you can buy or sell items. The main currency would be rings, but they could also increase the maximum HP you have as long as you have them. One of the main plotlines could be entirely based around stopping Eggman in one of his grand schemes while another group of players are trying to help him, or a worldwide threat more dangerous then Eggman could arise, requiring the Chaos Emeralds to get a macguffin to defeat said threat. I could probably think of more ideas for it, but I'm not really thinking about making said RTD. I have enough trouble remembering about things I've made and need to keep doing as it is.  :-\

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousandth)
« Reply #5206 on: September 22, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »

>Run Faster!

Every single action. My friends and I used to joke that this was the solution to every problem they encountered in the old cartoon.

You're forgetting one.

>Obtain chili dog

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: September 22, 2012, 09:25:08 pm »

Or

>Become godlike instruments of fashon based death.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: September 22, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

FFS ffs, what is your avatar.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: September 22, 2012, 09:30:14 pm »

I think its a bunch of other people's avatar with a ffs face on it.

I still don't see me on there, sadly.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: September 22, 2012, 11:41:19 pm »

I ad-blocked all the avatars, because lolfasterloadingonmy56k...

On that note, is this the era of survival horror/Minimalist RTD's? Not that I mind, truly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: September 22, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

On that note, is this the era of survival horror/Minimalist RTD's? Not that I mind, truly.
You're just seeing what is currently active.  :-\

Check back. It is not the era of Minimalism.

Edit:  :P

Always forgot the :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:06:38 am by Tiruin »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: September 23, 2012, 12:01:48 am »

You're just seeing what is currently active.  :-\

Check back. It is not the era of Minimalism.

O...Okay...Right. Uh, I'll be going now. Have a nice day, sir.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: September 23, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »

So...what do you think of my idea? Is it any good?  :-\
Sorry if I'm being impatient.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: September 23, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »

I've been working on a weapons system, mainly for gladiator games. Could be rebalanced for other purposes.

Weapons are divided into multiple categories, such as:

Edge : Contains all the sword-type weapons. This is pretty close to DF standards.
Pierce : Again, just like DF. There's more types of weapons, but they do the same thing. Stabby stabby.
Blunt : Guess what? DF standard again.

Note that weapons are categorized by their most powerful attack- sure you can bash people with a sword and stab with it, sure you can slap people around with a spear, but that's not what they're usually good with.

Secondly, you have type monkiers such as:

Exotic : Weapons that few wield due to there being few, it being impractical, or easier obtained weapons of the same type.
-The better and Exotic weapon, the fancier it will be. Decorations, engravings, fancy metal, deviations from standard build occur.

Vicious : Weapons made for slaughter. They feature serrated edges, multiple ways to strike, and the blood of generations on it's surface.
-Vicious weapons are built for killing. They waste no time in destroying armor, ripping flesh, and smashing bones.

Noble : Weapons made for heroes and crusaders. They feature superior build, blessings of priests, and religious significance.
-Noble weapons carry blessings that defeat the evils of the land. Noble weapons rarely, if ever, break.

Common : Regular weapons that are available everywhere.

Gladiators that ask for an exotic piercing weapon, therefore, could get a trident or a decorated spear. Vicious blunt weapons could be spiked clubs, a lit torch, even a mace with curved spikes. Noble blades could net you any kind of regular edge weapon with religious symbols and a blessing, and a common weapon is a common weapon.

Armor is... something else entirely. Going to have to come up with base stats for metals defense wise.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: September 23, 2012, 03:48:49 pm »

FFS ffs, what is your avatar.

Loface combined with the iconic avatars of many regulars on this forum.

So...what do you think of my idea? Is it any good?  :-\
Sorry if I'm being impatient.

I like it, but I still have nightmares of the Sonic fandom from my youngun days. The only thing is I don't really know how you'd represent the main Sonic game mechanic - visually blazing past excellent scenery - in RTD form.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: September 23, 2012, 03:53:45 pm »

Uh.
I've suddenly wanted to do yet another Roll to Hack.
Any suggestions on what I should do this time?

Both in terms of mechanics (free for all, team-based, or what) and plot.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: September 23, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »

You know what...who am I trying to fool? My idea was basically a giant rip-off on an old game I used to play on BYOND, called RP Radio, but without the douchebags Sonic Fandom as the players.  :-[

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: September 23, 2012, 04:02:51 pm »

Loface combined with the iconic avatars of many regulars on this forum.
Next question: What is Loface and why do you use it?

You know what...who am I trying to fool? My idea was basically a giant rip-off on an old game I used to play on BYOND, called RP Radio, but without the douchebags Sonic Fandom as the players.  :-[
I don't see how that makes it bad.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: September 23, 2012, 04:08:01 pm »

I'm ripping off something. It isn't my idea at all, I stole if from someone else.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 661