Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702644 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousandth)
« Reply #5235 on: September 25, 2012, 10:12:29 am »

Freeform, who all are you lofacing in your avatar, anyway? I recognize Darvi, applesauce, Vorthon, PoH, MaximumZero, and Aqizzar (I think that's how it's spelled), but a few others puzzle me. ^^^;

There's also Bauglir and freeformtroll.
And the rotating is a parody of Darkling's formerly rotating avvy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousandth)
« Reply #5236 on: September 25, 2012, 12:41:26 pm »

Tomas:  I enjoyed your PbPMPvP game, so I'll keep an eye out for this one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: September 25, 2012, 12:55:10 pm »

Tomas:  I enjoyed your PbPMPvP game, so I'll keep an eye out for this one.
Reserve? (I just realized how ridiculous PbPMPvP sounds...)
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »

I was just watching RhoamMythril's new LP of Imperishable Night, and I thought to myself, 'Hey, what if there was a IWBTG RTD of some sort?'.
I know that has nothing to do with Touhou, but it just came to me.

It would work more like IWBTB than IWBTG, where each player would choose a character from a pre-determined selection, and would make their way through several themed words, y'know the normal stuff, but the gimmick being that a single failed dodge roll would result in a death and respawn at the last checkpoint, and the whole thing being a race to the final boss.

Anyone think they would be interested in this very vague concept?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: September 25, 2012, 09:23:19 pm »

A multiplayer instadeath race to be the hero?

Sounds excellent.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: September 25, 2012, 09:26:52 pm »

That seems a bit random. If death is entirely up to the failure of a single dodge roll, there's no way to prevent it (outside of taking actions that prevent the failed roll from occurring, suppose, but many RTDs don't include this).

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: September 25, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »

Now that you mention it, it does seem more like a race to be the luckiest bastard in the list.

Then again my opinion sways like a pendulum and is unreliable.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: September 25, 2012, 11:07:26 pm »

What I could do is actually make it a race through IWBTB, and provide screenshots of the screen everyone is on. If you think there's a trap, you can try to take an action to avoid it. Some things will just take some skill, such as precision jumps, as well as a bit of Secret-Finding.

As far as secrets go, it would make the game a bit Team-Based.

So the players would be a group of Backstabbing Bastards who kinda work as a team.

As for screens, THIS is one of the Tutorial Level Screens.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: September 26, 2012, 07:25:38 am »

I was thinking about a netrunner inspired RTD. Basically, 1 group of players represents the compagny, which must put fulfill it's secret agendas. The other group are the Netrunners, who must try to evade the compagnies blockades and tell their secrets to the public. The goal of the individual players is to gain as much money as possible, so they are allowed to backstab their team if they want too.

The compagny can defend their servers by placing layers of ICE in front of it. Ice cards represents a variety of traps, blockades and other cards(Examples are, bounty, firewall, security force,...) These cards are described by the player, and then placed on the board. They often cost money, but they only need to be paid for when they are activated. A succesfully activated ICE card will have a variety of effects. For example, decreasing the netrunner's anonimity(HP-equivalent), or even prematurely ending their run. Some of the heavier cards will result in bad publicity which allows the netrunners to gain more cash. The compagnies ultimate goal is accomplishing their agenda's, which nets the player a reputation point.

Meanwhile, the netrunners need to prepare their runs carefully. They can accumulate cards, which they can use to negate the compagnies ICE. A run always focusses on a certain server.  The goal of the netrunner is to penetrate the security completely and capture an agenda. This nets them the reputation point.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:37 am »

I was thinking about an RTD inspired by this game (or, at least, reading a review of this game):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-24-tokyo-jungle-review

It's basically Grand Theft Auto with lions.

GOSH.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:07 am »

I was thinking about a netrunner inspired RTD. Basically, 1 group of players represents the compagny, which must put fulfill it's secret agendas. The other group are the Netrunners, who must try to evade the compagnies blockades and tell their secrets to the public. The goal of the individual players is to gain as much money as possible, so they are allowed to backstab their team if they want too.

The compagny can defend their servers by placing layers of ICE in front of it. Ice cards represents a variety of traps, blockades and other cards(Examples are, bounty, firewall, security force,...) These cards are described by the player, and then placed on the board. They often cost money, but they only need to be paid for when they are activated. A succesfully activated ICE card will have a variety of effects. For example, decreasing the netrunner's anonimity(HP-equivalent), or even prematurely ending their run. Some of the heavier cards will result in bad publicity which allows the netrunners to gain more cash. The compagnies ultimate goal is accomplishing their agenda's, which nets the player a reputation point.

Meanwhile, the netrunners need to prepare their runs carefully. They can accumulate cards, which they can use to negate the compagnies ICE. A run always focusses on a certain server.  The goal of the netrunner is to penetrate the security completely and capture an agenda. This nets them the reputation point.

That Sounds...Very interesting. I would definitely play that! I've always liked playing a hacker in games, so that just sounds quite cool to me.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: September 26, 2012, 03:58:04 pm »

Would people be interested in an RTD setting idea I had that's basically Medieval Fantasy meets Humongous Mecha?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: September 26, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »

YES.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: September 26, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »

"Humungous" might be a strong term, but wasn't that the idea behind Escaflowne?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: September 26, 2012, 04:19:46 pm »

Wasn't that the anime with the... with the...

I literally have no idea where I have heard that name from.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 661