Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702394 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Is it just me or does it seem like there aren't really that many RTD's anymore?

I remember getting tons of e-mails a day but now I hardly get any...

Maybe the number hasn't gone down it's just that I'm not actually getting in them. I've noticed a lot of sci fi RTD's but I never play those.
That and Minimalist RTDs. Not that I have anything against them, there are just...lots. And I think that a lot of the REALLY good ones that I manage to join in just...die. They get cancelled, the GM gets bored before the players do, or they just plain stop updating. It really frustrates me how much that happens.
Like Scelly's Roll to Zombie. There hasn't been a zombie RTD in a LONG time. At least, that has been the only one I've seen since I've joined.
TCM's Arena. It was cancelled because (s)he was just using it to get ready for the new one (s)he was making. Hopefully they open it up where it left off.
Roll to Game-Show 2. I wasn't in it, but knew it could've been great.
Flying Dice's Roll to Run the Gauntlet. Interesting 'battle' grounds, focusing just on surviving the wicked traps!
Roll to SpecOps, Assault on Equestria, EverSim, The game of RISK! All great, but they just DIED. Those who have RTDs up, keep them going. Whether they're great now, or just getting there, with time, they could be...

AMAZING!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would run 2 if i could have the help of another GM, but Monster Hunter is quite time consuming and i cannot imagine myself handling 2 RTD's of that magnitude at a time.

But the idea's i have ohoh. The players would engorge them in those RTD's.

About those minimalist RTD's, i think they suck expect the first one. The Lich one ( EG mother of all), was made on purpose by the guy because i think he assumed that it would be easy to write turns for as it required literally little story telling and just rolling the dice. Then the horde see it and produce one of their own which promptly dies because they aren't enjoying it perhaps, maybe something else.
]
and don't worry, my RTD won't die for a long time....
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and I'm willing to help co-GM just about anything, except any real Sci-Fi based ones or extremely plot or RP-heavy ones.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Me too. I'd co-gm anything, really, but I'm better at just making the formulas and writing events rather than doing the math. That magic deathmatch RtD (peicewise, no less) seems like a really fun premise.

Oh, and if someone wants to do a zombies RtD, I could help gm that. I've been toying the notion of running one, and right now all I'm doing is Spaceventure!, which is running itself right now... almost.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile

Near ready to set up RTD plan B, though Infinity Blade Legend is still open to players @ IRC (Channel up in #InfinityBladeLegend @ irc.aniverse.com ):

Super Robot Taisen Equestria: A RtD Adventure

Based on the Super Robot Taisen video games, this mech-themed RtD pits a party of 4-6 players (initially), against various Mecha enemies in the world of Equestria (yes jumping on the MLP thing), which started from a falling Star in the Everfree Forest.

Pilot gen is simple: Pick between the following roles (Pilot, Engineer, Battleship Captain, amoung others), and I'll issue low-tier Machines for you to fight the enemy with...

So far, only two Series so far: Gundam AGE (not sure what gen we're playing to), Banpresto Originals (OGs, OGG and Masoukishin only) and can flux depending on how TUrn 0 goes with set-up

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me too. I'd co-gm anything, really, but I'm better at just making the formulas and writing events rather than doing the math. That magic deathmatch RtD (peicewise, no less) seems like a really fun premise.

Oh, and if someone wants to do a zombies RtD, I could help gm that. I've been toying the notion of running one, and right now all I'm doing is Spaceventure!, which is running itself right now... almost.

Well, why don't we start one up? I mean, I only have two things going right now. I could handle a third at this point.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I don't mind doing it. I don't have any really good ideas, but anything I've posted here and never run is one option. I'll do pretty much any game, just name the premise.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Near ready to set up RTD plan B, though Infinity Blade Legend is still open to players @ IRC (Channel up in #InfinityBladeLegend @ irc.aniverse.com ):

Super Robot Taisen Equestria: A RtD Adventure

Based on the Super Robot Taisen video games, this mech-themed RtD pits a party of 4-6 players (initially), against various Mecha enemies in the world of Equestria (yes jumping on the MLP thing), which started from a falling Star in the Everfree Forest.

Pilot gen is simple: Pick between the following roles (Pilot, Engineer, Battleship Captain, amoung others), and I'll issue low-tier Machines for you to fight the enemy with...

So far, only two Series so far: Gundam AGE (not sure what gen we're playing to), Banpresto Originals (OGs, OGG and Masoukishin only) and can flux depending on how TUrn 0 goes with set-up

I...   I'm not sure how to feel about this DXD

On one hand SRW! On the other hand, I'm not brony enough to be able to play a pony game :(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:40:02 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile

Furtuka, mind you don't need to know Equestria, in fact if one of your buddies are Brony enough to jump in on the game fun, they can guide you, or you can simply fly Blind in the style of Masaki Andou.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Might hit that one up... mechs.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

So er... any other series you are currently considering including in the roster?
It's FEF, not FEOF

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile

So the background for this takes a bit to explain. In D&D, as many of you probably know, a Bard is a person who uses magic and performance together to cast spells and fascinate people. Normally this is through music. It can also be through comedy, or through poetry, or whatever. This lead me and my friends to some hilarious ideas, like a Monk/Bard with Perform: Pro Wrestling or Perform: Calling Your Attacks Anime-Style, or a Fighter/Bard with Perform: Guitar and a Heavy Metal Axe-Guitar, or an Assassin/Bard with Perform: Mime, or just a plain Bard with Perform: Striptease.

So. The RTD idea. Everyone Is Bards: The RTD. Any character concept, as long as some sort of performance is involved. Flamboyant magical powers, ridiculous fantasy adventures, and other things of that nature.

Would anyone be interested in playing something like that?

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile

So er... any other series you are currently considering including in the roster?

Gundam Age, and anything in the OG Saga are Certain, but it depends on what happens at Turn 0 (the first fight is the group, in low-powered units, going against two Gafrans as a reference) really, because the set-up is really important (and well there will be a few intential Errors due to some... weird stuff happening)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@choobakka: I'd jump in. I do like the premise.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

So I guess you decided on the first generation then?
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 661